LDCad Part Organization

LDCad Part Organization
just a note to any one who is involved with the construction/maintenance of LDCad. The friends and Elves heads are found divided between two directories 'Figures' and 'Mini-Figures', if there is a way to put them in one category (hopefully with relative ease) I'd appreciate knowing it or having it in the next version, either or.

Personally I think they make more sense in figures than mini-figures given their unique design but that's just me.

Thank you for your time and work on such a great program, I love LDCad.
RE: LDCad Part Organization
(2018-04-29, 18:23)End Unsure Wrote: just a note to any one who is involved with the construction/maintenance of LDCad. The friends and Elves heads are found divided between two directories 'Figures' and 'Mini-Figures', if there is a way to put them in one category (hopefully with relative ease) I'd appreciate knowing it or having it in the next version, either or.

You could edit (while the program is closed)
%appdata%\LDCad\partBin\default\sorted\friendsFigHatsHair.pbg

and change
Code:
<rules>
include description figure friends*
exclude category figure accessory
exclude description ~*,_*m,=*,brush,dryer
exclude !description hair,hat
into
Code:
<rules>
include description figure friends*
include category minifig headwear
exclude category figure accessory
exclude description ~*,_*m,=*,brush,dryer
exclude !description hair,hat
This adds all hats and hair from the minifig category to the friends hats/hair one. But it might add more then you want. so some additional excludes might be needed to limit it again.

(2018-04-29, 18:23)End Unsure Wrote: Personally I think they make more sense in figures than mini-figures given their unique design but that's just me.
I tried to reorganize the figures in the 1.6a and b version but there is a lot of overlap indeed.

(2018-04-29, 18:23)End Unsure Wrote: Thank you for your time and work on such a great program, I love LDCad.
Thanks I love working on it Smile
Wow, that is pretty helpful. I do actually think I can edit those files. Hey man there's a billion lego parts, its gotta be hard organizing all of that. I really appreciate your work.

While I have you here I have a quick question:

Is there a way to temporarily disable the way parts click through space as they are moved so they have free range of movement?

and if so, if I turn it back on will they be lined up properly when I move them again.

I.E. when you move a part up it moves about half a brick up, so if I could disable that I could move it up free range, so lets say 1/5th a brick up so I can position it right, then say I needed to move it again but wanted it lined up with the other bricks so I move it up and it snaps back as if it had only ever moved 1/2 a brick up.

I hope that makes sense, its hard to explain without knowing the proper terminology. Anyways, thanks for all your help.
I think you should have a closer look at the tutorials (especially "basic" and "advanced" editing) Wink
http://www.melkert.net/LDCad/docs
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »