LPub - rotate submodel in PLI

LPub - rotate submodel in PLI
In order to more clearly indicate that a (previously built) submodel is attached in a certain step, I want to include it in the PLI.
The orientation of the submodel in the PLI makes is different from the orientation in the step-by-step instructions for building it.
How can I get the submodel to show up in the PLI with the same rotation as the in the building instructions of that submodel?
RE: LPub - rotate submodel in PLI
(2018-04-25, 7:56)Jetro de Château Wrote: In order to more clearly indicate that a (previously built) submodel is attached in a certain step, I want to include it in the PLI.
The orientation of the submodel in the PLI makes is different from the orientation in the step-by-step instructions for building it.
How can I get the submodel to show up in the PLI with the same rotation as the in the building instructions of that submodel?

I think the orientation could be caused by a rotation step somewhere in the model.
I usually start my submodels with

Code:
0 ROTSTEP END

This often solves a lot.
Orientate the submodel the right way in your model so that front, back, left, right are indeed what you mean to show in the PLI.

Perhaps it is also possible to add your submodel to the custom pli.ldr file where you can influence the orientation of parts in the PLI and BOM.
Never tried that though.
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
(2018-05-29, 11:52)Jaco van der Molen Wrote: I think the orientation could be caused by a rotation step somewhere in the model.
I usually start my submodels with

Code:
0 ROTSTEP END

This often solves a lot.
Orientate the submodel the right way in your model so that front, back, left, right are indeed what you mean to show in the PLI.
Thanks !

Quote:Perhaps it is also possible to add your submodel to the custom pli.ldr file where you can influence the orientation of parts in the PLI and BOM.
Never tried that though.
Is that even possible? It would be a great solution. In Technic models you often build something in one direction but then need to attach it in another.
Quote:In order to more clearly indicate that a (previously built) submodel is attached in a certain step, I want to include it in the PLI.
The orientation of the submodel in the PLI makes is different from the orientation in the step-by-step [color=black]write my essay[/color] instructions for building it.

Can I use the substitude (SUB) command to replace parts and then rotate the submodel? Where can I find the PLI Control file?
(2019-02-26, 13:22)Terry Mulhern Wrote:
Quote:In order to more clearly indicate that a (previously built) submodel is attached in a certain step, I want to include it in the PLI.
The orientation of the submodel in the PLI makes is different from the orientation in the step-by-step [color=black]write my essay[/color] instructions for building it.

Can I use the substitude (SUB) command to replace parts and then rotate the submodel? Where can I find the PLI Control file?

Hi Terry,

You could definitely try that yes.

The PLI control file is called pli.mpd and depending on your version and installation type of LPub it should be in a subfolder "extras" or something.
Take a look at your preferences in LPub and it should point you there somewhere. You can also try to find the pli.mpd file on your harddrive.

More on the PLI file here (old LPub, but not so different from LPub3D)
https://sites.google.com/site/workingwit...ng-up-lpub
https://sites.google.com/site/workingwit...ontrolfile

You can also download a pli file there.
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »