Good PNG editor?

Good PNG editor?
Anyone know of a good free png editor capable of (also) editing the alpha channel.

I need to create stacks of small images for use in LDCad 2 but the transparency stuff is taking way too much time using GIMP.
RE: Good PNG editor?
(2018-04-09, 19:00)Roland Melkert Wrote: Anyone know of a good free png editor capable of (also) editing the alpha channel.

I need to create stacks of small images for use in LDCad 2 but the transparency stuff is taking way too much time using GIMP.

Have you tried GIMP2?
(2018-04-09, 19:05)Max Martin Richter Wrote: Have you tried GIMP2?

Yes but it is way too extensive to do quick simple (flat) transparent png's. I would prefer to directly edit the png instead of having to export every time I want to change something.

I've been using windows 7 paint combined with irfanview (to make them transparent) but for some reason some images end up having 50% transparency all over, so I'm basically looking for a paint replacement capable of editing the alpha channel directly.
(2018-04-09, 19:00)Roland Melkert Wrote: Anyone know of a good free png editor capable of (also) editing the alpha channel.

You might try Paint.NET.
(2018-04-09, 19:30)Travis Cobbs Wrote: You might try Paint.NET.

Thanks,

Needed to flip a lot of options but it seems to do the job when only simple transparency is needed as the paint/bucket tools etc use rgba instead of rgb.
For quick edits, I like to fire up an old version of PaintShopPro 7.04.
I know that that version is very, very old, IMHO newer versions suffered from feature bloat and performance loss...
(PM me for more info.)

see also: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Pa...o_releases

Can I be of any assistance? I have some professional tools at work.
Personally I like Adobe Fireworks. I use that all the time to edit PNG and it can do a lot, including editing the alpha channel.

PM me if you need help.
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
(2018-05-14, 20:10)Jaco van der Molen Wrote:

Can I be of any assistance? I have some professional tools at work.
Personally I like Adobe Fireworks. I use that all the time to edit PNG and it can do a lot, including editing the alpha channel.

PM me if you need help.

Thanks, paint.net is good enough for the prototype version of things as I only use 'flat' images to test the png handling etc.

But the GUI engine is highly skin oriented so later on a more professional tool might be needed to make the non flat version of things.

When I'm done with the rough GUI stuff I probably start a new topic to invite opinions / help on creating the final (default) look.
(2018-05-14, 22:17)Roland Melkert Wrote: When I'm done with the rough GUI stuff I probably start a new topic to invite opinions / help on creating the final (default) look.

Great! Looking forward to it! ;-)
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
(2018-05-14, 22:17)Roland Melkert Wrote: When I'm done with the rough GUI stuff I probably start a new topic to invite opinions / help on creating the final (default) look.

Love it!

w.
LEGO ergo sum
You can also try downloading the old version of Windows paint. I do a lot of stuff with it.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »