LPub3D not saving rendering preferences

LPub3D not saving rendering preferences
Hi,

First up - a big thankyou for the continued development of LPub3D. It's a big step up from LPub. However, I've two problems which I think is related and wondered if anyone could help?

Problem 2 - custom parts don't render properly or appear in the BOM. I've seen the threads about this, and I think it might be related to...

Problem 1 - I'm asked to give the paths to the renderers every time I open LPub3D (and, co-incidentally this dialog pops up behind the splash screen!) So, I'm not sure if the preferences are properly saving. Logo path, Trademark etc etc - all do save, but the renderers don't

So, I'm wondering if the preferences not saving are also affecting the path to the unofficial parts too? This is on High Sierra on a current Macbook Pro, but I've just upgraded and it was the same on Sierra on my previous Macbook air too. So I don't think it's install related. Looking in the 'Application Support' directory, I can't see a plist - so does anyone know where the preferences should be saved?

Thanks!
RE: LPub3D not saving rendering preferences
Hi

Where do you store the costum parts?
I stored my costum parts in the unofficial folder and set the path in LDView as extra dir.

No problem in the instructins and BOM or PLI.

Regards
If nothing goes right, go left.
(2018-01-19, 16:22)Johann Eisner Wrote: Hi

Where do you store the costum parts?
I stored my costum parts in the unofficial folder and set the path in LDView as extra dir.

No problem in the instructins and BOM or PLI.

Regards

The custom parts are in my LDRAW directory, under 'Unofficial\WEParts'. I've been using LDGLite, but if I use LDView I get the same behaviour. Opening LDView on its' own, giving it the unofficial parts directory to search through and rendering the model works fine - it's just omitted in LPub3D (completely - not shown in the parts per step or the BOM...). Wierd!
Those 2 problems are probably not related. I have the problem about not saving render preferences too, but not the unofficial parts problem.

The render preferences problem started a bunch of weeks ago. I had LPub3D set-up perfectly fine with LDview and LDGLite. I then wanted to do a quick test with Pov-Ray and thus I added Pov-Ray to the preferences. And that's when things got annoying. Ever since that day, it just won't save my LDView setup. Every time I open the program, I have to go to preferences, enter my LDView location and set the renderer to LDView. It's driving me nuts!

The weird thing is that it never did this before, so I was wondering if it could have had something to do with the recent major Windows update, but since you're on a Mac that sounds highly unlikely.

As for the unofficial parts problem, you need to make sure that the unofficial parts that don't work are in LPub3D's internal library too. I don't know where it is located on a Mac, but on Windows it's in:
C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\LPub3D Software\LPub3D\libraries\lpub3dldrawunf.zip
(2018-01-20, 9:21)Merlijn Wissink Wrote: Those 2 problems are probably not related. I have the problem about not saving render preferences too, but not the unofficial parts problem.

The render preferences problem started a bunch of weeks ago. I had LPub3D set-up perfectly fine with LDview and LDGLite. I then wanted to do a quick test with Pov-Ray and thus I added Pov-Ray to the preferences. And that's when things got annoying. Ever since that day, it just won't save my LDView setup. Every time I open the program, I have to go to preferences, enter my LDView location and set the renderer to LDView. It's driving me nuts!

The weird thing is that it never did this before, so I was wondering if it could have had something to do with the recent major Windows update, but since you're on a Mac that sounds highly unlikely.

<snip>

Does the workaround described in this thread solve your loss of preferred render issue?

David
(2018-01-20, 20:53)David Manley Wrote: Does the workaround described in this thread solve your loss of preferred render issue?
At least it solved mine! Thanks, David, forgot about your tip.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »