LDCad 1.6b suport files test

LDCad 1.6b suport files test
Hello all,

I've been working on the LDCad snapinfo for the 1701 library and one thing lead to another so I also ended up tweaking the part bin a bit.

I would appreciate some additional eyes on these tweaks in means of some QA Smile

I've added snapping info for all the 1701 stuff that is visible in the sorted branch (except for things in the 'by category' subbrances)

I also added a duplo and electric section to the sorted branch and gave everything in there snapping info too.

I'm wondering about the electric parts group though, should I extend it more and maybe subdivide or keep it restricted to the non technic stuff like it is now?

And I also added templates for the new 9L/11L shocks.

any additional ideas/snapping/template requests etc are welcome.

You can use these files with 1.6a by replacing the seed (*.sf) files you'll find in the below zip. These files are usually in "program files/LDCad/seeds"
http://www.melkert.net/action/download/1...dsTest.zip

Just be sure to use it with the 1701 library as it includes corrections resulting from "~moved" stuff etc.
RE: LDCad 1.6b suport files test
Works fine so far. The only thing I noticed is that the 31623/6523 duplo axle with 8t gear are missing the "slide" property.

The misc hinges bin might need a forced mascot, currently on my machine it uses the (unofficial) Fabuland merry go round seat holder...

Quote:I'm wondering about the electric parts group though, should I extend it more and maybe subdivide or keep it restricted to the non technic stuff like it is now?
Not an easy one... there are some inconsistencies (eg. I find the RCX in the Technic Mindstorms group, but I have to go to the generic electric group to find its sensors). Where do I find battery boxes (Technic or not)? What about Wedo parts?
(2018-01-10, 0:10)Roland Melkert Wrote: [...]

any additional ideas/snapping/template requests etc are welcome.

[...]

Yes! I've got a request!  Rolleyes I don't know how much work it is (probably a lot more than I imagine), but for an upcoming project it would be amazing if you could add a flexible-template for part 14301 (straight version is already in LDraw).
(2018-01-10, 10:01)Merlijn Wissink Wrote: Yes! I've got a request!  Rolleyes  I don't know how much work it is (probably a lot more than I imagine), but for an upcoming project it would be amazing if you could add a flexible-template for part 14301 (straight version is already in LDraw).

Attached is a rough try, but it might need a 'mid segment' like the technic hoses. I can't add it to the official package as it depends on unoffical (sub)parts.

.png   14301.png (Size: 42.36 KB / Downloads: 60)

edit: corrected the file header so it will show up in the bin when placed in %appdata%\LDCad\templates\path

Attached Files
.ldr   template-14301.ldr (Size: 1.44 KB / Downloads: 11)
Thanks I've fixed the axles.

(2018-01-10, 8:30)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: Not an easy one... there are some inconsistencies (eg. I find the RCX in the Technic Mindstorms group, but I have to go to the generic electric group to find its sensors). Where do I find battery boxes (Technic or not)? What about Wedo parts?

Yes this is what's bothering me too, maybe it should become a whole sub branch splitting into rcx/nxt/wedo/4.5v/12v.
(2018-01-10, 18:37)Roland Melkert Wrote:
(2018-01-10, 10:01)Merlijn Wissink Wrote: Yes! I've got a request!  Rolleyes  I don't know how much work it is (probably a lot more than I imagine), but for an upcoming project it would be amazing if you could add a flexible-template for part 14301 (straight version is already in LDraw).

Attached is a rough try, but it might need a 'mid segment' like the technic hoses. I can't add it to the official package as it depends on unoffical (sub)parts.

edit: corrected the file header so it will show up in the bin when placed in %appdata%\LDCad\templates\path

Wow, that was quick! It seems to work perfectly fine too, only the origin of the part (in non-nested mode) is a bit weird.
Many thanks Roland! It will be put to good use in the nearby future  Big Grin
(2018-01-10, 20:53)Merlijn Wissink Wrote: Wow, that was quick! It seems to work perfectly fine too, only the origin of the part (in non-nested mode) is a bit weird.
Many thanks Roland! It will be put to good use in the nearby future  Big Grin

I did forget to shift to 0,0,0. You can do this in the template itself by selecting the thing you want a 0,0,0 followed by ctrl+a and shift+c . You need to do the same in any mpd using a copy of it just be sure to apply it in the subfile's own session and not through nesting.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »