LDCad 1.6 Beta 2a (win+linux)

LDCad 1.6 Beta 2a (win+linux)
I've release Beta 2a of LDCad 1.6

It mainly fixes a potential crash related to the header dialog combined with generated parts.

To make it worth the download I've also applied some spelling fixes, (very) minor tweaks and added some new part snapping info.

And I added the 8860 example including its animation as shown here:
https://forums.ldraw.org/thread-22081.html

Do note playback at 25fps might be to slow on some older (laptop) machines .

As of this version I've taken all the older versions except the latest major ones offline, as stupid robots (I assume they are robots) keep downloading every single file on the site now and then.

If anyone really need an older non final version let me know and I put it backup of a couple of days.

Grab the new version while it's still hot from the oven Smile
http://www.melkert.net/LDCad/download
RE: LDCad 1.6 Beta 2a (win+linux)
(2017-03-15, 22:04)Roland Melkert Wrote: And I added the 8860 example including its animation as shown here:
https://forums.ldraw.org/thread-22081.html

Do note playback at 25fps might be to slow on some older (laptop) machines .
This would be worth the download on itself (really awesome), even though the script is (well) over my head!
As for playback speed... looks like my machine is able to run the 25 fps "most of the time", actually I was able to run for some time at 35fps.
- "most of the time" seems to be a bit random, the same animation portion may run - or not.
- Would it be possible to offer the user to drop some frames when this happens instead of stopping the animation?
- I'd like to be able to move the slider to set animation startup/stop points
Roland MelkertI've release Beta 2a of LDCad 1.6

Hello Roland.

So far, I had a very little time for testing but I already found a bug: the window for setting hotkeys shows no function/hotkey to configure, regardless the category I choose.

I also wanted to test the animation. My laptop seems too slow for this even I do not understand how it can be _so_ slow: maximum FPS is 1 only. I expected much more with this, relatively modern, laptop (Tinkpad X250). Couldn't be there any special setting I missed?

Anyway, the animation of 8860 is impressive, I must say! (I exported it and watched as a video out of LDCad). I must look into that script, how it is done.
(2017-03-16, 9:54)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: - "most of the time" seems to be a bit random, the same animation portion may run - or not.
- Would it be possible to offer the user to drop some frames when this happens instead of stopping the animation?
- I'd like to be able to move the slider to set animation startup/stop points
The animation timing is very sensitive and might occasional throw a 'false positive' too slow error especially on Windows XP. currently it complains when 5 frames in a row are (more then slightly) above the 1000/fps ms interval.

The normal rendering fps (shown in left inside the status bar) is not to be used as a maximum animation fps indication as that values is only the GL rendernig time while the animation has tons of overhead (reference matrix mutations, transparency sorting, spring regeneration etc).

I'm still looking to improve the timing though (see below reply to Milan) and dropping frames seems like a good idea.

I also like the 'bookmark' idea, could be handy during working on the sub animations etc.
(2017-03-16, 16:19)Milan Vančura Wrote: The window for setting hotkeys shows no function/hotkey to configure, regardless the category I choose.
Seems to be Linux only as it works for me on win7, I'll look into it.

(2017-03-16, 16:19)Milan Vančura Wrote: I also wanted to test the animation. My laptop seems too slow for this even I do not understand how it can be _so_ slow: maximum FPS is 1 only. I expected much more with this, relatively modern, laptop (Tinkpad X250). Couldn't be there any special setting I missed?
The timing stuff is open for improvement, it currently uses a thread on Linux for the timing but I'm having problems applying reliable resolution. I'm open to suggestions, If you're interested this is how it currently works:

Code:
void TAnimationTimerThread::operator()() {

TStopWatch time;
   time.start();

int prevFrameNr=-1;
   bool go=true;

while (go)
   {
     try {
       //slapen, zorgt ook voor de mogelijkheid om de thread te stoppen dmv interrupt.
       boost::this_thread::sleep_for(boost::chrono::milliseconds(1));
     }
     catch (...) {
       go=false;
     }

if (go)
     {
       const int frameNr=(int)((time.curTimeInMs()*fps)/1000.0);
       if (frameNr!=prevFrameNr)
         TAnimationTimer_callbackCore();
       prevFrameNr=frameNr;
     }
   }
 };

The "TAnimationTimer_callbackCore" function's only job is to post a thread save event message which will trigger a re-render in the next message processing loop. Main problem is the 1ms sleep is not guaranteed and secondly the message processing can be delayed.

On Windows it uses the media timer (timeSetEvent) to do the callback which does guarantee 1ms resolution but I haven't been able to find something similar for Linux.

(2017-03-16, 16:19)Milan Vančura Wrote: Anyway, the animation of 8860 is impressive, I must say! (I exported it and watched as a video out of LDCad). I must look into that script, how it is done.
Thanks.
(2017-03-16, 19:18)Roland Melkert Wrote:
(2017-03-16, 16:19)Milan Vančura Wrote: The window for setting hotkeys shows no function/hotkey to configure, regardless the category I choose.
Seems to be Linux only as it works for me on win7, I'll look into it.
Found/fixed this one, it is Linux only indeed.

It has to do with the Linux version using wxWidgets 3.0.2 while Windows uses 3.1, for some reason virtual treeview control uses its itemcount differently.

It will work again in the final 1.6. If you need to change a hotkey you can still edit the main.hkc file or use a pre Beta 2 version of 1.6 to edit that file (not all available keys are the same in those though)
(2017-03-17, 0:09)Roland Melkert Wrote:
(2017-03-16, 19:18)Roland Melkert Wrote: Seems to be Linux only as it works for me on win7, I'll look into it.
Found/fixed this one, it is Linux only indeed.

Thank you, Roland, that was quick!
I may confirm that 1.6-Beta1a does not have this problem.

Also thanks for the tip about config files, I change the hotkey for increasing cells in the part bin, because the problem with "+" is not solved yet.
(2017-03-16, 19:18)Roland Melkert Wrote: The timing stuff is open for improvement, it currently uses a thread on Linux for the timing but I'm having problems applying reliable resolution. I'm open to suggestions, If you're interested this is how it currently works:
Thanks for sharing the code. I look at it next week - and I try to find better experts in SUSE for a help, too.

Adding an unofficial library and browsing for:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\LDraw\Unofficial\ (which is my actual unofficial library)

I get the following pop-up:

"This is not a valid LDraw library, use it anyway?"

Which is misleading 'cos it IS a valid library, "unofficial" but valid. This is even more misleading as I obviously don't get such a pop-up when I select the parent:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\LDraw\

w.
LEGO ergo sum
(2017-04-20, 12:57)Willy Tschager Wrote: Adding an unofficial library and browsing for:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\LDraw\Unofficial\ (which is my actual unofficial library)

I get the following pop-up:

"This is not a valid LDraw library, use it anyway?"

Which is misleading 'cos it IS a valid library, "unofficial" but valid. This is even more misleading as I obviously don't get such a pop-up when I select the parent:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\LDraw\

That message should only appear when the chosen location misses the parts and or p subfolders (and also doesn't contain a complete.zip in case of the first start lib browse).

I'll try to change it into something more clear.
(2017-04-20, 17:08)Roland Melkert Wrote: That message should only appear when the chosen location misses the parts and or p subfolders

Hmm ... my "Unofficial" contains only a "Parts" folder. Could that be the reason?

w.
LEGO ergo sum
(2017-04-20, 19:15)Willy Tschager Wrote:
(2017-04-20, 17:08)Roland Melkert Wrote: That message should only appear when the chosen location misses the parts and or p subfolders

Hmm ... my "Unofficial" contains only a "Parts" folder. Could that be the reason?

w.

Yes that's the reason, I could change it to not complain if only one of the two folders is present when it concerns a unofficial library. But it might be confusing, personally I think any library should have both even if one is empty as it becomes part of the search path tree.
HI Mr.Roland
I just wanted to thank you once more for all the hard work you put into LDCad.
I'm Sorry, but I have one request.
Make sure that the thickness of the block on the edge of the block is adjustable.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Thank you !!!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(2017-04-25, 2:52)Daniel LEE Wrote: Make sure that the thickness of the block on the edge of the block is adjustable.

I did consider this but personally found it very ugly when using anything else then the (OpenGL) line width of 1.0. This because it also causes problems with the 'hot' / selection indication (z-fighting).

But I could make it a hidden option (main.cfg only) if you really want to play with it.
Last bug call LDCad 1.6 Beta 2a
I'm planning to finish the final 1.6 version soon, so if anyone has noticed some problems please report them now so I might fix it too.

This includes part snap / mirroring info.

Also if you would like some bendable part template to be included (for official parts only) or would like certain parts to have snapping info etc please let me know.

1.6 final will probably be the last LDCad 1.x version and 2.0 is going to take awhile so now is not the time to be silent Smile
RE: Last bug call LDCad 1.6 Beta 2a
(2017-04-27, 20:46)Roland Melkert Wrote: I'm planning to finish the final 1.6 version soon, so if anyone has noticed some problems please report them now so I might fix it too.

Also if you would like some bendable part template to be included (for official parts only) or would like certain parts to have snapping info etc please let me know.

1.6 final will probably be the last LDCad 1.x version and 2.0 is going to take awhile so now is not the time to be silent Smile

Hey Roland, 

you made a wonderful piece of software, I've been using it for quite a while now and still loved it. I use it for a big lego technic project (18000+ parts in 89 unique submodels), I'm planning to make a post about this moc. 

Because you asked to report any problems with LDCad 1.6 here the 2 I've found so far: 
- files opened with option 'open file from disk' at startup menu do not end up in recently opened files
- changes in scripts are not detected after a (syntax) error in the script when opening model this script belongs to

Greeting Mark V
(2017-04-27, 20:46)Roland Melkert Wrote: I'm planning to finish the final 1.6 version soon, so if anyone has noticed some problems please report them now so I might fix it too.

Well, it would be nice if you could add some templates for Technic LA's and pneumatic cylinders like you have for the Technic shock absorbers  Smile

Oh, and I just came across some missing snap info for part 92690. It needs something like this added to the current snap:

0 !LDCAD SNAP_CYL [gender=F] [caps=none] [secs=R 4 6] [pos=8 26 0] [ori=0 1 0 -1 0 0 0 0 1] [mirror=none] [grid=1 2 1 0 -10 0]

Sorry for yet another post, but I just remembered one little feature I'd like to see. It's probably too late to get in there, but it's worth a try  Angel
Or maybe it's even already there and I just didn't see it.
I'd like to see the amount of parts currently selected. For example, if I select all parts of the same type, I'd like to see how many.
(2017-05-03, 9:29)Merlijn Wissink Wrote: Well, it would be nice if you could add some templates for Technic LA's and pneumatic cylinders like you have for the Technic shock absorbers  Smile

You can inline those from the complete/shortcut parts (e.g.61927c01)
That said I noticed they are kinda hard to find so I'll add a sub group for them to the sorted/technic tree.
(2017-05-03, 17:27)Merlijn Wissink Wrote: I'd like to see the amount of parts currently selected. For example, if I select all parts of the same type, I'd like to see how many.
+1!
(2017-05-03, 12:42)Merlijn Wissink Wrote: Oh, and I just came across some missing snap info for part 92690. It needs something like this added to the current snap:

0 !LDCAD SNAP_CYL [gender=F] [caps=none] [secs=R 4 6] [pos=8 26 0] [ori=0 1 0 -1 0 0 0 0 1] [mirror=none] [grid=1 2 1 0 -10 0]

I always forget those hollow studs Smile

it needs this:
Code:
0 !LDCAD SNAP_CYL [gender=F] [caps=one] [secs=R 4 6] [pos=8 26 0] [ori=0 1 0 -1 0 0 0 0 1]
0 !LDCAD SNAP_CYL [gender=F] [caps=one] [secs=R 4 6] [pos=-8 26 0] [ori=0 -1 0 1 0 0 0 0 1]
0 !LDCAD SNAP_CYL [gender=F] [caps=one] [secs=R 4 6] [pos=0 -4 0] [ori=-1 0 0 0 -1 0 0 0 1]
(2017-04-28, 14:14)Mark Verbeek Wrote: - files opened with option 'open file from disk' at startup menu do not end up in recently opened files
- changes in scripts are not detected after a (syntax) error in the script when opening model this script belongs to
Thanks for reporting, but I can't seem to replicate these problems.
Were you using a temporary location (e.g. NAS or usb drive) as that might explain the disapearing recent items (non existent files are removed on startup).
(2017-05-03, 17:30)Philippe Hurbain Wrote:
(2017-05-03, 17:27)Merlijn Wissink Wrote: I'd like to see the amount of parts currently selected. For example, if I select all parts of the same type, I'd like to see how many.
+1!

I'll try to add it to the statistics panel (right bottom) as it should be a low impact feature.
(2017-05-03, 19:06)Roland Melkert Wrote:
(2017-05-03, 17:30)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: +1!

I'll try to add it to the statistics panel (right bottom) as it should be a low impact feature.

If that's possible, that would be great!  Smile

As a sidenote: I noticed the mirroring isn't 100% correct on part 2639 and 10247.
Is it possible to have some sort of excluding filter function added?

As a user I often want to exclude all the patterned parts in a category. I want to quickly find the shape of the brick, and then (maybe) pick the pattern.
I think this is a question in that general direction.
https://forums.ldraw.org/thread-22163-po...l#pid25174

As a user I want to have the stickers sorted in partnumber order instead of alphbetical order.

Is there a way to reset all the editing options? I often get lost in all the submenues changing things I don't understand.
e.g. I seem to have lost the pink border around the active brick, and I don't know how to get them back.
(2017-05-04, 21:15)Magnus Forsberg Wrote: Is it possible to have some sort of excluding filter function added?
Only in the pbg files of the filter type. Global filters are something I'm thinking about for 2.0

(2017-05-04, 21:15)Magnus Forsberg Wrote: As a user I often want to exclude all the patterned parts in a category. I want to quickly find the shape of the brick, and then (maybe) pick the pattern.
I think this is a question in that general direction.
https://forums.ldraw.org/thread-22163-po...l#pid25174
The default sorted branch of the part bin is split in non pattern/patten subgroups.

(2017-05-04, 21:15)Magnus Forsberg Wrote: As a user I want to have the stickers sorted in partnumber order instead of alphbetical order.
Bin sorting is currently using natural sorting only (e.g. 5, 23, 30 instead of literal strings 23, 30, 5)

(2017-05-04, 21:15)Magnus Forsberg Wrote: Is there a way to reset all the editing options? I often get lost in all the submenues changing things I don't understand.
e.g. I seem to have lost the pink border around the active brick, and I don't know how to get them back.
Delete the mian.cfg file to reset all settings, or delete sections in that file to reset subgroups.
http://www.melkert.net/LDCad/faq#faq_cfgRst

The option you describe is probably prefs/LDraw/selection indication
(2017-05-04, 21:38)Roland Melkert Wrote: Only in the pbg files of the filter type. Global filters are something I'm thinking about for 2.0
Sorry. I don't speak code. What's a pbg file? And what's a Global filter?

(2017-05-04, 21:38)Roland Melkert Wrote: The default sorted branch of the part bin is split in non pattern/patten subgroups.
This seems to be true only on the 'Basic brick' and 'Tile' bins. Every other bin contains both regular parts and all the printed versions.
(btw. Why do you call all the printed bricks "Basic bricks with stickers etc"?) IMO it would be better to use the word "... with patterns etc")

(2017-05-04, 21:38)Roland Melkert Wrote: Bin sorting is currently using natural sorting only (e.g. 5, 23, 30 instead of literal strings 23, 30, 5)
Sorry again. I don't understand.

(2017-05-04, 21:38)Roland Melkert Wrote: Delete the mian.cfg file to reset all settings, or delete sections in that file to reset subgroups.
http://www.melkert.net/LDCad/faq#faq_cfgRst
Why should I have to edit a strange file, not made for human reading, to get back to a default state?

(2017-05-04, 21:38)Roland Melkert Wrote: The option you describe is probably prefs/LDraw/selection indication
Yes, and No. I had neither 'Edges' nor 'Bounding box' visible. But now I see them again.

I've said it before. I'm only a "lorry mechanic" with an interest in part editing. Not a software programmer. Big Grin
(2017-05-04, 17:47)Merlijn Wissink Wrote:
(2017-05-03, 19:06)Roland Melkert Wrote: I'll try to add it to the statistics panel (right bottom) as it should be a low impact feature.

If that's possible, that would be great!  Smile

How's this:

That looks perfect!  Big Grin
I mirrored a submodel today and came across some 'interesting' behavior  Tongue

The original:
[Image: d3tVySk.png]

The mirrored version:
[Image: K7puC64.png]
Indeed, works for hinge brick but not hinge plate. Part 2429 is missing
Code:
0 !LDCAD MIRROR_INFO [counterPart=2430.dat]
and of course 2430 needs
Code:
0 !LDCAD MIRROR_INFO [counterPart=2429.dat]
(2017-05-09, 11:21)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: Indeed, works for hinge brick but not hinge plate. Part 2429 is missing
Code:
0 !LDCAD MIRROR_INFO [counterPart=2430.dat]
and of course 2430 needs
Code:
0 !LDCAD MIRROR_INFO [counterPart=2429.dat]

The keyboards are also not flipped, although one could argue that there is no right answer there so the current answer is ok.
The keyboard thingies are submodels, so that's why they aren't flipped  Smile
I think I found a bug, or at least something that's not completely user-friendly.
  • I open a model from disk.
  • I remove all submodels except one from the main file (note: the main file does not have any parts, just submodels, maybe that has something to do with it?)
  • Then go to cleanup and make it remove all submodels not used by the main file
  • Then hit save
Result: it doesn't save anything to disk. All the operations work fine, it just doesn't save anything. It also doesn't give a warning of unsaved progress on close. I can make it save by adding a brick to the main model, then hit save and then remove the brick again.
(2017-05-10, 6:45)Merlijn Wissink Wrote: The keyboard thingies are submodels, so that's why they aren't flipped  Smile

Actually that is a bug, as it should also mirror submodels unless the 'parts only' checkbox is checked in the mirror dialog.

As for mirroring the keyboards those will be flipped depending on the mirror axis.

This because references are flipped on the X axis (by default) in local space followed by the chosen axis in model space (flipping of two axis is needed to keep the reference 'non negative').

But as Travis indicated visually there is no real mirrored situation as those parts are non symmetrical in all directions and have no counterpart.
Any comment on this?
(2017-05-10, 17:39)Magnus Forsberg Wrote: Any comment on this?

The sorting options can currently only be done by editing the pbg file of interest. pbg files are the configuration files used to build the bin content.

2.0 will have better GUI options for this.

I've also added resetting the config through the GUI  to the 2.0 todo list as it is too complicated to implement in the current version in a 'clean' way.
(2017-05-10, 6:50)Merlijn Wissink Wrote: I think I found a bug, or at least something that's not completely user-friendly.
  • I open a model from disk.
  • I remove all submodels except one from the main file (note: the main file does not have any parts, just submodels, maybe that has something to do with it?)
  • Then go to cleanup and make it remove all submodels not used by the main file
  • Then hit save
Result: it doesn't save anything to disk. All the operations work fine, it just doesn't save anything. It also doesn't give a warning of unsaved progress on close. I can make it save by adding a brick to the main model, then hit save and then remove the brick again.

I'll look into this, it seems I forgot a 'invalidate changed state' somewhere Smile
Ok, another (severe?) bug (or maybe it isn't a bug): I can't add flexible parts to my model. Doesn't matter if it's a hose, rope, PF motor. When I add it, select to add it as submodel and then press ok, LDCad crashes. It just completely crashes and I get that useless Windows screen that says the program has crashed.

I have no idea if LDCad is the problem or something else on my PC. I mean, I've seen nobody else here having this problem and I can't imagine nobody has used flexible parts since beta 2a has been released. I'll take a look if I can reproduce it on another machine or if there's maybe another piece of software interfering with LDCad or something like that.

EDIT: It must be my PC, cause on my laptop it works fine.
(2017-05-12, 15:08)Merlijn Wissink Wrote: Ok, another (severe?) bug (or maybe it isn't a bug): I can't add flexible parts to my model. Doesn't matter if it's a hose, rope, PF motor. When I add it, select to add it as submodel and then press ok, LDCad crashes. It just completely crashes and I get that useless Windows screen that says the program has crashed.

I have no idea if LDCad is the problem or something else on my PC. I mean, I've seen nobody else here having this problem and I can't imagine nobody has used flexible parts since beta 2a has been released. I'll take a look if I can reproduce it on another machine or if there's maybe another piece of software interfering with LDCad or something like that.

EDIT: It must be my PC, cause on my laptop it works fine.

I know of (and fixed) 2 template related bugs:
- A model using 2-5 lines and referring to one or more dynamic parts (path/spring) can crash the program while loading.
- A path skin meta can crash the program when used in part editing mode.

But I don't think ether issue is at play here.
Quote:EDIT: It must be my PC, cause on my laptop it works fine.

Have you tried resetting the configuration (rename main.cfg) on the other one as it might be a option depended. If so please mail/post the main.cfg you were using on the problem machine.
(2017-05-12, 17:44)Roland Melkert Wrote:
Quote:EDIT: It must be my PC, cause on my laptop it works fine.

Have you tried resetting the configuration (rename main.cfg) on the other one as it might be a option depended. If so please mail/post the main.cfg you were using on the problem machine.

I tried that, didn't matter. It's still crashing when adding a flexible part.  Undecided
(2017-05-12, 17:48)Merlijn Wissink Wrote:
(2017-05-12, 17:44)Roland Melkert Wrote: Have you tried resetting the configuration (rename main.cfg) on the other one as it might be a option depended. If so please mail/post the main.cfg you were using on the problem machine.

I tried that, didn't matter. It's still crashing when adding a flexible part.  Undecided

Too bad, some questions which might help me pinpoint the problem:

Does it crash for all templates or just the path/spring ones and not e.g. a  hinge shortcut etc.
Can you see the added template content in the model (for a split second) before it crashes. (if not updating the video driver might help).
Does 1.5 or one of the earlier 1.6's have the same problem.
Can you send me the log files of a crashed session.
(2017-05-12, 19:22)Roland Melkert Wrote: Too bad, some questions which might help me pinpoint the problem:

Does it crash for all templates or just the path/spring ones and not e.g. a  hinge shortcut etc.
Can you see the added template content in the model (for a split second) before it crashes. (if not updating the video driver might help).
Does 1.5 or one of the earlier 1.6's have the same problem.
Can you send me the log files of a crashed session.

I'll answer your questions one by one:
  • I just tried it and it doesn't crash with shortcuts for hinges etc. It does crash for springs, hoses, ropes etc.
  • I can certainly see it. I drag the part into the editing area and it becomes perfectly visible. But then a pop-up pops up (haha Tongue) which asks if I want an MPD subfile or a loose subfile. When I choose either option and press OK, only then it crashes.
  • No. But it actually made me realize something: I had updated to beta 2a a little while ago when it came out. But, the LDCad main window said I had beta 2 while the files (changelog etc.) suggested I had beta 2a. I just reinstalled the complete thing and now it works again. I never had this problem in beta 2 though (I'm 100% sure) so I have no idea what happened. Maybe two versions kinda mixed? I don't know Sad
  • Well, not anymore cause I reinstalled it and I think it deleted the old logs  Sad
So, it now works and now we'll probably never know what the problem was... Maybe there was really some mix-up of versions (although I have no idea how that could've happened since as far as I know I'm always using the installer).

<sigh>
(2017-05-13, 9:38)Merlijn Wissink Wrote: No. But it actually made me realize something: I had updated to beta 2a a little while ago when it came out. But, the LDCad main window said I had beta 2 while the files (changelog etc.) suggested I had beta 2a. I just reinstalled the complete thing and now it works again. I never had this problem in beta 2 though (I'm 100% sure) so I have no idea what happened. Maybe two versions kinda mixed? I don't know Sad

It was probably this bug:
Quote:--==1.6 Beta 2a (15-March-2017)==--
Fixed:
- [Editing] Accepting the header dialog for a generated part (path/spring) no longer potentially crashes the program.

Forgot all about that one Smile
LDCad just crashed for me again. I pressed V to go to 2D mode and then out of nowhere it crashed. The logs don't show anything out of the ordinary.
I can vaguely remember I had more crash problems in the past when switching between 3d and 2d projection, but I haven't had any problems with that for a long time (until now).

Maybe it was just a fluke, no idea, but I figured I'd let you know anyway.

On a more positive note: 10000x thanks for the mirror functionality. It saved so much time on the project I'm working on at the moment.  Heart Smile
(2017-05-16, 18:45)Merlijn Wissink Wrote: LDCad just crashed for me again. I pressed V to go to 2D mode and then out of nowhere it crashed. The logs don't show anything out of the ordinary.
I can vaguely remember I had more crash problems in the past when switching between 3d and 2d projection, but I haven't had any problems with that for a long time (until now).

Crashes are never flukes, could be a game of Russian roulette though Smile

Did you close any file(s) just before, as that might be a place to start looking of the top of my head.
(2017-05-16, 19:24)Roland Melkert Wrote:
(2017-05-16, 18:45)Merlijn Wissink Wrote: LDCad just crashed for me again. I pressed V to go to 2D mode and then out of nowhere it crashed. The logs don't show anything out of the ordinary.

Crashes are never flukes, could be a game of Russian roulette though Smile

Did you close any file(s) just before, as that might be a place to start looking of the top of my head.

Nope, did not close anything. I did have LDCad open for pretty much the whole day though, if that matters.
After it crashed, I opened the model again and tried to do exactly what I did just before it crashed, but everything just kept working this time...

Oh, and, this time I'm 1000% sure I have beta 2a  Wink Rolleyes
Take a look at the snap information for part 32555. It's not exactly right  Tongue
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »