[LDPatternCreator] Release 1.6.4 (UV Mapping)

[LDPatternCreator] Release 1.6.4 (UV Mapping)
Hello,

I did some projection improvements in my pattern creator program.
Instead of using a matrix to project a triangle from the 2D to the 3D space, I implemented a new approach (based on UV mapping).

Download and install the latest LDPatternCreator release directly from sourceforge.net.

PS: This update could be helpful for this task.

Change log:

New features:
  • Implemented a new and better UV projection method.
As always, I included a short readme.htm in the installation directory.

Cheers & Leg Godt

Nils
RE: [LDPatternCreator] Release 1.6.3 (UV Mapping)
Need to do some 3D patterns again to test Wink
Any usage change?
RE: [LDPatternCreator] Release 1.6.3 (UV Mapping)
(2017-02-09, 18:28)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: Any usage change?

Nope :)
Post-processing does not work on my machine anymore.
Exclamation 
Hi,

today, I discovered an annoying and strange bug and suprisingly this bug was not part of the sourcecode of my program.
It affected the export process only. The export process had no chance to send the correct result to the target destination, because the .NET compiler skipped(!) the corresponding file IO method calls.
Root cause: I enabled code optimizations for the CLR and this corrupts the program behaviour during runtime.
This error is dependent from the version of the CLR and might not affect your LDPatternCreator installation, yet.
I will release a version without CLR runtime optimizations (for the post-processing methods) immediately!
Have a nice weekend!

Leg godt,

Nils
RE: Post-processing does not work on my machine anymore.
Could it be related to this? https://sourceforge.net/p/patterncreator/tickets/190/
I am still annoyed by this issue on one of my machines...
RE: Post-processing does not work on my machine anymore.
(2017-04-17, 6:16)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: Could it be related to this? https://sourceforge.net/p/patterncreator/tickets/190/
I am still annoyed by this issue on one of my machines...

I don't know yet... I have to investigate. It's not as trivial as I thought.

I enabled compiler optimizations => error occurs => disabled optimizations => error is gone permanently => published release (without optimizations) => error occurs again... Sad
I don't know... I guess that I have to redo a "correct" implementation of the export method again (to supress the unwanted "magic" of the CLR JIT compiler).

edit: There is no other solution to this madness than translating Rectifier, SlicerPro and Unificator from C++ to .NET... D'oh!

edit2: 33% done. Now, I need to translate Unificator and SlicerPro...
News from Release 1.6.5
Hi,

I am still working on version 1.6.5.
The focus for this version will be on LDPC's post-processing features.

Leg godt

Nils
RE: [LDPatternCreator] Release 1.6.4 (UV Mapping)
* Is it just me or the cursor has a some sort of hickup when creating triangles via rectangle selection or when selecting multiple vertices with a rectangle by holding down CTRL once you have selected the first vertex? In the past the fluidness of the cursor's movements depended on the values in the "Move Snap" with very smooth movements at 1 and really coarse at 1000 but now it jitters all the time.

* Would you confirm that the "Reference line mode" dropdown is just a placeholder and reference lines cannot be manipulated once set?

* Apparently I'm to dump to figure out the UV mapping :-D

w.
LEGO ergo sum
RE: [LDPatternCreator] Release 1.6.4 (UV Mapping)
(2017-05-31, 10:29)Willy Tschager Wrote: * Apparently I'm to dump to figure out the UV mapping :-D

No, you aren't. UV mapping is just an implementation detail. The behaviour of the application is the same. Only the resulting projection got improved.

(2017-05-31, 10:29)Willy Tschager Wrote: * Would you confirm that the "Reference line mode" dropdown is just a placeholder and reference lines cannot be manipulated once set?

As for now, the "Reference line mode" allows only the deletion of existing reference lines.

(2017-05-31, 10:29)Willy Tschager Wrote: * Is it just me or the cursor has a some sort of hickup when creating triangles via rectangle selection or when selecting multiple vertices with a rectangle by holding down CTRL once you have selected the first vertex? In the past the fluidness of the cursor's movements depended on the values in the "Move Snap" with very smooth movements at 1 and really coarse at 1000 but now it jitters all the time.

I had still no time to reproduce this, but I will take a look. It is really frustating that LDPatternCreator behaves different under Windows 10, while I did not change the sourcecode. In theory, the .NET Framework should work on any Windows OS. Well, reality proved me wrong...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »