[LDPartEditor] 0.8.16 Beta Released

[LDPartEditor] 0.8.16 Beta Released
Hey :)

this month I am a little bit late, but anyway.... I found and fixed a lot more bugs!  0.8.16 has new features, too.

[Image: imgDuke2.png]
As always, you can download LDPE from this page:
http://nilsschmidt1337.github.io/ldparteditor/

Changelog:
(3 new features and 14 bug fixes)

With this release you will be able to...
  • ...benefit from automatically deselection of a construction tool (create quad/line/triangle...), if you select a modification tool (select/move/rotate etc...)
  • ....use a shortkey to move the manipulator to the selection center (the "A" key)
  • ...use linear interpolation for a complete vertex selection with the "Move On Line" feature
The following critical issues were fixed:

1. Invalid parsing of 0 BFC INVERTNEXT (the parser implementation was wrong)
  2. "Conditional Control Point Vertices" caused flickering on multiple views.
  3. The behavior of automatically selecting as well the neighboring line when clicking in the line numbers bar was incorrect.
  4. Flipping two triangles was only possible with a different triangle colour than colour 16.
  5. While are able to select a surface by clicking on it, even if only a small portion is visible, you were able to select only lines/condlines if BOTH end vertices were visible.
  6. Rounding issues (NullPointerException)
  7. Helper function issues with vertices and their relationship to LDraw data (NullPointerException)
  8. "Hide & Show" issues (NullPointerException)
  9. Clipboard issues (NullPointerException)
  10. Colour change issues (NullPointerException)
  11. Cut and delete issues (NullPointerException)
  12. The subfile compiler meta command (" 0 !LPE INLINE") created sometimes a new virtual part file, but it did not remove the old one!
  13. There was a synchronisation bug regarding the 3D manipulator.
  14. When you mirrored a selection, the winding of triangle/quads was correctly inverted. But primitives in selection were not BFC inverted!
Thanks Willy, for your bug report!

What will the next release 0.8.17 deliver? Usability improvements, maybe some new fancy features...

The program was tested intensively with "real world" files.
However, it is still a beta version and something can go wrong in about 100.000 lines of code.

Make sure that you choose the right architecture for your OS and Java Virtual Machine (JVM) (64bit or 32bit).
A short guide how to check if a 64bit JVM is installed on your system is located at the bottom of this message.

1. Download the zip-Archive
  2. Extract the archive content to the location of your choice
  3. On windows, double-click "run.bat" to start LDPE.
  4. On linux/mac, you have to excecute the shell script "run.sh" to start LDPE.
Please note that this software is in the beta stage. Although, LDPE 0.8.16 was tested, there are already known issues  for this release. There is a potential risk of data loss.

You can search for updates if you do the following steps:

1. On windows, double-click "update.bat" to search for updates.
  2. On linux/mac, you have to excecute the shell script "update.sh".
I listen carefully to your requests and possible complaints. Please leave me a message, with your thoughts and wishes to further improve the software.

LDPE is a 3D CAD application: The overall system requirements are higher. While I recommend to use a powerful 64-bit multicore system, it could be possible, to run LDPE on older machines as well.

System Requirements:

Minimum System Requirements:
  • Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 1.8
  • OpenGL 2.1 compatible Graphics Card
  • Operating System (32/64bit): Windows [XP; Vista; 7 or newer], Mac OS X [>=10.6], Linux [e.g. Ubuntu Linux >=10.4]
  • CPU: Multicore-Processor e.g. Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon II (>2.0Ghz)
  • RAM: 4GB
  • Video-Memory: 512 MB
  • Free Disk Space: 100 MB
Recommended Requirements:
  • Operating System (64bit): Windows 7, Mac OS X [>=10.6], Linux [e.g. Ubuntu Linux >=10.4]
  • CPU: Multicore-Processor with 4 cores (or more)
  • RAM: >4 GB
  • Video-Memory: >=1 GB
  • Free Disk Space: 512 MB
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How to check your JVM version (32- or 64-bit):
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can try on the command line:

Code:
java -d64 version

If it's not a 64-bit version, you'll get a message that looks like:

Code:
This Java instance does not support a 64-bit JVM. Please install the desired version.

In general, I recommend to install the 64-bit version of the JVM for Java 8.
RE: [LDPartEditor] 0.8.16 Beta Released (deselection of construction tools / bug fix)
Quote:
  • ...benefit from automatically deselection of a construction tool (create quad/line/triangle...), if you select a modification tool (select/move/rotate etc...)
  • ....use a shortkey to move the manipulator to the selection center (the "A" key)
Great, thanks for both!

Quote:...use linear interpolation for a complete vertex selection with the "Move On Line" feature
A looong time ago you promised to explain how to use this feature... that would be appreciated Wink

Quote:Invalid parsing of 0 BFC INVERTNEXT (the parser implementation was wrong)
Much better! but if you hide a primitive preceded by an INVERTNEXT, this INVERTNEXT remains active and inverts all elements (including triangle/quads) until an other primitive is encountered (and this one is inverted too).

Quote:"Conditional Control Point Vertices" caused flickering on multiple views.
Never noticed that before, but now I do see flickering vertices on some parts (23800 wheel) in single view.

Quote:Flipping two triangles was only possible with a different triangle colour than colour 16.
...and how am I supposed to do this?
RE: [LDPartEditor] 0.8.16 Beta Released (deselection of construction tools / bug fix)
(2016-06-30, 8:44)Philippe Hurbain Wrote:
Quote:...use linear interpolation for a complete vertex selection with the "Move On Line" feature
A looong time ago you promised to explain how to use this feature... that would be appreciated Wink

https://github.com/nilsschmidt1337/ldpar...-on-a-line

w.
LEGO ergo sum
(2016-06-30, 9:08)Willy Tschager Wrote: https://github.com/nilsschmidt1337/ldpar...-on-a-line
Thanks Willy! Now I'm starting to fear for my brain, seen that previously but completely forgot. Sad
Quote:The behavior of automatically selecting as well the neighboring line when clicking in the line numbers bar was incorrect.
Minor bug: If I select last line in text editor by clicking on line number, and if that last line has no CRLF behind, then the last two characters of the line are not selected.
Quote:Flipping two triangles was only possible with a different triangle colour than colour 16.

Select two adjacent triangles. Click on   Merge/Split... and choose Flip / Rotate vertices.

I haven't checked if Nils also corrected the fact that all adjacent cond-line is deleted when flipping triangles.
(2016-06-30, 21:11)Magnus Forsberg Wrote:

Select two adjacent triangles. Click on   Merge/Split... and choose Flip / Rotate vertices.

I haven't checked if Nils also corrected the fact that all adjacent cond-line is deleted when flipping triangles.
D'oh... (Flip / Rotate vertices was misleading to me). Adjacent condlines are not deleted, but not recalculated either so their control points are wrong after flipping.
Problem with selection: selection menu shows checkboxes for line/triangle... etc. I hoped they would act as filters, but if I uncheck "lines", select a triangle, and use "select connected" the lines connected are selected Sad
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »