8110 Darth Vader Parts

8110 Darth Vader Parts
I know this request isn't going to be on top of anyone's priority list, but in my quest to complete my set of Technic models I am now down to only a few.  8010 Darth Vader looks pretty bad with his missing parts.
  • 41671 Bionicle Bohrok Windscreen 4 x 5 x 7 (at least this might be useful to some other people)
  • 43363 Technic Darth Vader Helmet (only appears in this set)
  • cape (virtually impossible to make)
Anyone up for a challenge?
RE: 8110 Darth Vader Parts
Part 41671 is already an unofficial part, find it on the part tracker.

I got the helmet as well, but I had no look at it to judge the modeling effort yet
RE: 8010 Darth Vader Parts
I do have the helmet somewhere, but also a zillion things to do these time so... may be long. If someone else wants to give a try...??? Moreover shape is not simple and it's huge so won't fit easily my 3D scanner.
Cape may not be soooo hard. An image scan of the flattened cape would help.
RE: 8110 Darth Vader Parts
(2016-04-28, 6:50)Gerald Lasser Wrote: Part 41671 is already an unofficial part, find it on the part tracker.

Thanks.  I searched the part tracker and didn't find it.  Not sure how I missed it.
(2016-04-28, 6:56)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: I do have the helmet somewhere, but also a zillion things to do these time so... may be long. If someone else wants to give a try...??? Moreover shape is not simple and it's huge so won't fit easily my 3D scanner.

I can live without the cape if I have to, but the model doesn't work at all without the helmet.  Let me know if you'd like me to photograph the cape flat pattern.  I might still have a flatbed scanner somewhere if that would be better.
(2016-04-28, 6:56)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: I do have the helmet somewhere, but also a zillion things to do these time so... may be long. If someone else wants to give a try...??? Moreover shape is not simple and it's huge so won't fit easily my 3D scanner.
Some progress here! Done from flat templates created from photos in LPC, then sections built from them using pathtruder, then sections stitched and tuned in LDPE. Still missing an inside...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(2016-07-14, 14:01)Philippe Hurbain Wrote:
Some progress here! Done from flat templates created from photos in LPC, then sections built from them using pathtruder, then sections stitched and tuned in LDPE. Still missing an inside...

Looks great allready.
Would it be possible to reuse this shape in all the different sized helmets?
I would love to see 22372 and 19916 made in the same time.

minifig scale
30368  (official part as 30368.dat, but a better shape is  present in LDD. IMO, it should be remade using LDD data. Paul Easter made a good atempt, but the top of that helmet is to long)
19916 + 19917

large figure
22372pb01

technic
Now on PT!
http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cg.../43363.dat
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »