Apply pattern to part using LD Pattern Creator

Apply pattern to part using LD Pattern Creator
Hi there,

I've created a sticker part using LD Pattern Creator (it's the S.H.I.E.L.D. logo for the Quinjet) - see attached file sticker_v8.dat

However I've now realised that I need to add/apply the pattern to an existing part - 6881b.dat.

Do I need to create a new projection template for this brick?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Reuben

Attached Files
.dat   sticker_v8.dat (Size: 13.96 KB / Downloads: 6)
RE: Apply pattern to part using LD Pattern Creator
small rant: I can't under stand why LEGO makes a different design of the SHIELD logo for nearly every set... would be easier if we could re-use existing sub-files more often

I hope I got you right:

- The sticker is just applied to the part, at least in real life the part is not printed
- So it is not necessary to add the pattern to the part itself
(2016-04-07, 22:23)GeraldĀ Lasser Wrote: small rant: I can't under stand why LEGO makes a different design of the SHIELD logo for nearly every set... would be easier if we could re-use existing sub-files more often

I hope I got you right:

- The sticker is just applied to the part, at least in real life the part is not printed
- So it is not necessary to add the pattern to the part itself
Thanks - I figured out that I could use my sticker part after all - attached is a render of the Quinjet with the SHIELD logo.
OK - next question - how do I submit my new sticker part for review? It's not perfect, but probably useful for someone.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hej,
it's just an extract of the "About Us" page:

Quote:To become authorized as an author you must first register with the LDraw.org Forum (it's free) and then send an email using this address to the Parts Library Admin with your true first and last names and your LDraw.org username. You must also include the statement "I accept the LDraw.org Contributor Agreement with regards to all past and future contributions I make to LDraw.org".
Please note the standards for parts which can be find at the LDraw.org page.

We will review the part then. And don't get sad, if we should state a hold vote due to several small things. If you need any help, feel free to ask.
/Max
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »