Universal joint end (3712.dat) internals

Universal joint end (3712.dat) internals
hi all,

I think the internals of 3712.dat are modeled wrong. As I noticed the axle won't go in far enough while using them for the 8860 model.

RE: Universal joint end (3712.dat) internals
Basically it should be possible to push them 20 LDU into such an end.
I will check this at home, if no one is faster than me.

/Max
I confirm Max value, axles enter the hole in 3712 on 20 ldu "only". As for the 8860 model, have you tried to turn it off and on again? Big Grin
(2016-04-05, 7:00)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: I confirm Max value, axles enter the hole in 3712 on 20 ldu "only". As for the 8860 model, have you tried to turn it off and on again? Big Grin

Yes I did, but it still needs overlap Smile

Maybe I'm missing something, anyone has an assembled reallife 8860 handy? This is how it currently looks (which shouldn't fit in real life if all parts are accurate).

[Image: 8860SteerAxles.png]
If you have time I can build my 8860 at Saturday,
/Max
I'm not sure what went wrong with your build but the construction works without any problems for the real model.
It works even with 40 LDU spacers (in form of two bricks)

Would you like to sent me you file?

/Max

PS.: It was just a quick and dirty build, therefore some pins etc. are missing.
(2016-04-05, 15:32)Roland Melkert Wrote:
(2016-04-05, 7:00)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: I confirm Max value, axles enter the hole in 3712 on 20 ldu "only". As for the 8860 model, have you tried to turn it off and on again? Big Grin

Yes I did, but it still needs overlap Smile

Maybe I'm missing something, anyone has an assembled reallife 8860 handy? This is how it currently looks (which shouldn't fit in real life if all parts are accurate).

[Image: 8860SteerAxles.png]

Maybe it's an optical illusion, but the 3712 are looking a bit stretched in your picture. It seems that they are too long in you model.

/Max
Quote:I'm not sure what went wrong with your build but the construction works without any problems for the real model.

It works even with 40 LDU spacers (in form of two bricks)
[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=2218]   

Thanks Max,

The parts are not stretched but I think the lower steering axle is,  judging from your picture, just slightly diagonal in real life while it is perfectly z-axis aligned in the model.

Quote:Would you like to sent me you file?

I've attached it zipped (mpd is 2.3MB due to the flexible stuff).

I'm working on animating it but it needs LDCad 1.6 features Smile

Attached Files
.zip   8860.zip (Size: 270.2 KB / Downloads: 3)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »