Problems with AIOI

Problems with AIOI
I'm having problems with the AIOI.

First, it unistalled MLCAD 3.30 and 3.40 which I installed in their own sub-directories of LDraw and didn't want deleted.

Second, no matter what I do, the AIOI will not install the parts. It installs the unofficial parts, but not the official parts.

I am trying to install to "E:\Programs Windows\LDraw".

Things are messed up!

[edit]

When uninstalling the tools, it deletes l3p14beta, but there's no option to re-install it from within the AIOI.

Also, I wish there were a way to disable installation of LDView, since I want the beta version installed instead of this one.

Here's a screenshot showing no Parts directory.

[Image: 7aIyG4h.png]
Re: Problems with AIOI
I am unable to associate ldraw files with MLCAD after installing the AIOI using Windows 7's "Open with" dialog. I go through all the steps, but MLCAD does not appear in the list of applications. Only LDView and Google Chrome are listed. Maybe there is some junk left over in the registry? How do I clear it out?

I am unable to register file types from within MLCAD as well.

[edit]

I cleaned out the relevant registry settings and it is working fine again.
Why can't you just use the Browse button (on the Open With dialog) to locate MLCad.exe ?
That's the problem. I was able to browse, but that would not put the program in the list like usual. I had to get into the registry, clear the programs in the list, and start over.
Michael Horvath Wrote:I'm having problems with the AIOI.

First, it unistalled MLCAD 3.30 and 3.40 which I installed in their own sub-directories of LDraw and didn't want deleted.

Second, no matter what I do, the AIOI will not install the parts. It installs the unofficial parts, but not the official parts.

The parts library gets installed in:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\LDraw

The AIOI 2015-02 will let you decide where to install the library.

Michael Horvath Wrote:When uninstalling the tools, it deletes l3p14beta, but there's no option to re-install it from within the AIOI.

L3p gets silently installed with LPub3D and can be found in:

%appfolder%\LPub3D\3rdParty\l3p1.4WinB

Michael Horvath Wrote:Also, I wish there were a way to disable installation of LDView, since I want the beta version installed instead of this one.

This is not negotiable but you can always install your beta over the existing version.

w.
LEGO ergo sum
Okay, thanks. I guess things got moved around a lot recently.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »