AIOI 2015-01 Beta

AIOI 2015-01 Beta
Hi,

a beta of the LDraw All-In-One-Installer 2015-01 can be found here:

http://www.holly-wood.it/tmp/LDraw_AIOI_...bit_v1.zip

This AIOI does no longer contain SR3D as well as Sticker Generator. LPub has been upgraded to LPub3D. Please note that the LDraw Parts Library as well as LGEO haven't been updated so far. This beta focuses mainly on the LPub3D upgrade.

Please test and send me your .logs, which can be found in the c:\Windows\LDraw folder, if you encounter any errors.

Thanks, w.
LEGO ergo sum
Re: AIOI 2015-01 Beta
It worked for me except a message about not finding specialized files (translated from dutch).

Code:
[08/01/2015 18:35:44] Error        Script: On Post Install, [180]: File.Install(SessionVar.Expand("%TempLaunchFolder%\\" .. sMLCadTutorialURL), SessionVar.Expand("%AppFolder%\\" .. sTutorialFOLDER .. "\\" .. sMLCadTutorialURL), FILE_INSTALL_SAMEOLDER, false, false, nil, nil); (1000)
####################
ERROR 1000: Vinden van gespecificeerd bestand mislukt.

It still reported a successful installation afterwards though.

Also it still contains LDCad 1.4, 1.4b is the latest stable one. And I noticed you do a full uninstall before reinstalling it this is not necessary for LDCad you can just copy the new files over the old ones it will upgrade on its own after that. This goes especially for the config/main.cfg file, or the user will loose their settings.
Thanks for reporting Roland:

Roland Melkert Wrote:It worked for me except a message about not finding specialized files (translated from dutch).

Code:
[08/01/2015 18:35:44] Error        Script: On Post Install, [180]: File.Install(SessionVar.Expand("%TempLaunchFolder%\\" .. sMLCadTutorialURL), SessionVar.Expand("%AppFolder%\\" .. sTutorialFOLDER .. "\\" .. sMLCadTutorialURL), FILE_INSTALL_SAMEOLDER, false, false, nil, nil); (1000)
####################
ERROR 1000: Vinden van gespecificeerd bestand mislukt.

It still reported a successful installation afterwards though.

Found and fixed.

Roland Melkert Wrote:Also it still contains LDCad 1.4, 1.4b is the latest stable one. And I noticed you do a full uninstall before reinstalling it this is not necessary for LDCad you can just copy the new files over the old ones it will upgrade on its own after that. This goes especially for the config/main.cfg file, or the user will loose their settings.

Will I get a stable 1.5 by the end of August? ;-)

The philosophy of the AIOI is not leaving any litter once it gets uninstalled, except the model folder in "%MyDocumentsFolder%\LDraw\Models". It therefore deletes all folders also in Appdata, as well as Registry entries. Nonetheless the AIOI leaves it up to you if you wanna uninstall prior installation. It perfectly overwrites older files in case you don't perform an uninstall, while it skipps files already on the disk.

w.
LEGO ergo sum
Willy Tschager Wrote:Will I get a stable 1.5 by the end of August? ;-)
I'm hoping to go beta this month, if there aren't big problems those will be 'better' then 1.4b like the latest Alpha already is on many points.

So you could use the beta one, unless you don't want to include beta versions in the AIOI.

People can always run LDCad's latest setup as it is aware of the AIOI and will update that one instead.
The release candidate has been uploaded to:

http://www.holly-wood.it/tmp/LDraw_AIOI_...bit_v1.zip

It contains the following changes:
  • Upgraded to MLCad 3.5
  • Upgraded to LPub3D
  • Upgraded to LDCad 1.5 Beta 1b
  • Upgraded to MPDCenter 2.3.6.0
  • Upgraded to LeoCAD 0.82.2 - 9088
  • Removed SR3D and all required software packages
  • Removed StickerGenerator
  • Added tons of OMR-Models
  • Copies MLCad.ini to LDraw root folder
  • Copies MLCad.ini to C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Ing. Michael Lachmann\MLCad
  • Changed Registry keys "BT Software" to "LeoCAD Software"
  • Fixed URL for Dutch MLCad tutorial

Please test and let me know if all works.

w.
LEGO ergo sum
Quote:Upgraded to MLCad 3.5
Wow. That's a silent upgrade... Even MLCad web page doesn't know about it ?!?
Is there a way to get the supposed MLCad 3.5 without installing the AIOI?
Any further info on what this alleged MLCad 3.5 is exactly?
This is from the release notes:
Code:
Bug-Fixes:
----------
- BFC statement changed between load and save
- Saving ghost statements
- color dialog crash while using custom colors
- Add link for arrow generator in help module
- Corrections for new operating systems Windows 8 ff
- Undo with primitives
- Unknown part display in part list