New Forums

New Forums
I played around with some new forum software. Ultimately I tabled the switch because of the community's desire to keep hybrid view. In order to enable this I would have to do some extensive coding, something that I may have time for later but not currently. If you want to see the new forums check out http://newforums.ldraw.org
Note that this is a static snapshot of the current forum data from some time ago. It will not update with new posts here now will posts there update here.
Re: New Forums
Does myBB have the same concept of user groups and will it be possible to a) transfer existing accounts with their group membership (PTSubmit, PTReview, PTAdmin, etc.) and encoded passwords, and b) authenticate against the myBB user credentials from an external Perl script (i.e. the Parts Tracker)?

Thanks, Chris
Chris (LDraw Parts Library Admin)
Re: New Forums
Groups are already done. Passwords cannot be but the email address on file here is transferred there and the password reset functionality has be tested. External authentication will be the same as now with a little tweaking. However, believe me when I write that the switch is quite a long way off.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »