LDraw.org Discussion Forums
[0.2.1] LDForge - Printable Version

+- LDraw.org Discussion Forums (https://forums.ldraw.org)
+-- Forum: LDraw Programs (https://forums.ldraw.org/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Parts Author Tools (https://forums.ldraw.org/forum-24.html)
+--- Thread: [0.2.1] LDForge (/thread-8711.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Re: [0.2.1] LDForge - Santeri Piippo - 2014-03-31

You can use "replace coordinates" (Ctrl+R) to replace a coordinate value on a specific axis within the selection. Select whatever polygons you want to apply the change to and you can replace x=17.491 with x=18 in them.

Re: [0.2.1] LDForge - Willy Tschager - 2014-03-31

Fine. Any chance to add a feature where the entire vertex gets replaced:

17.491 4.196 9.126 with 18 5 10

w.

Ps. Note that there is a strange behaviour when using a , (komma) instead of . (dot) for the decimal.

Re: [0.2.1] LDForge - Santeri Piippo - 2014-03-31

Willy Tschager Wrote:Fine. Any chance to add a feature where the entire vertex gets replaced:

17.491 4.196 9.126 with 18 5 10
Should be doable.

Willy Tschager Wrote:Ps. Note that there is a strange behaviour when using a , (komma) instead of . (dot) for the decimal.
[/quote]
It's Qt-inherited behavior, I don't really know how to get around it.

Re: [0.2.1] LDForge - Santeri Piippo - 2014-04-17

Development is finally back on track. It took me 3 months to find the root cause of some pesky OpenGL artifacts in the vbo renderer but it is at long last behaving like it should.

Now to wrap stuff up. I'll need to reimplement vertex snapping and then see if I can implement the BFC red/green view, basic lighting, breaking gimbal lock and stuff like that.

Re: [0.2.1] LDForge - Santeri Piippo - 2014-07-03

Just got done writing a magic wand tool:

pre-selection:
[Image: magicwand-1.png]

post-selection:
[Image: magicwand-2.png]

It selected all of the dark gray polygons.. except for some behind those yellow ones. At first I thought I had a bug.. but turns out the magic wand is pretty effective at catching t-junctions!

[Image: magicwand-3.png]

In other news I got a bit tired of git and discovered my love for hg, so the repository is now at bitbucket again: https://bitbucket.org/crimsondusk/ldforge

Re: [0.2.1] LDForge - Santeri Piippo - 2014-07-29

I'm getting rather close to a release now. I've managed to make LDForge compilable on Windows again and need to start wrapping up on stability and get the icon set done.

I'm thinking about making an installer with nsis to make things nice and simple. I wonder could I bundle some of Philo's tools with the installer and then have LDForge detect the presence of these tools to automatically set them up instead of needing manual configuration.

Re: [0.2.1] LDForge - Philippe Hurbain - 2014-07-30

Quote:I wonder could I bundle some of Philo's tools with the installer
No problem on my side! Just think about potential updates (though I always try to keep compatibility)

Re: [0.2.1] LDForge - Santeri Piippo - 2014-08-31

[Image: rings.png]
[Image: rings2.png]

Sure has been quiet on this front for a while. I've recently made the circle tool able to handle partial as well as high-resolution circles, rings and discs. Also the ring finder algorithm is a bit more reliable and produces more efficient results. Also new is that ldforge now tries to download any un-found files off the parts tracker and can properly be associated with .dat files.

I'm thinking of putting up an unstable beta build. The main thing keeping me from releasing is a highly annoying bug which causes ldforge to randomly crash when a document is closed. For some reason it only happens on Windows. I have no idea how to go about debugging this.

I've also been thinking about the possibility of parsing/processing the header instead of just considering it a bunch of comments at the top of the body. It will certainly be a more involved change and won't happen till the new version is finally out (which may take a while due to the aforementioned problem).

My university studies are beginning so my time pool has kind of diminished a tad. I will still keep on working on ldforge/ldraw parts when I get the chance to. And yes I keep changing my system style all the time.