LDraw.org Discussion Forums
8841 - Desert Racer [Technic] (6 models, unfinished) - Printable Version

+- LDraw.org Discussion Forums (https://forums.ldraw.org)
+-- Forum: Models and Parts (https://forums.ldraw.org/forum-18.html)
+--- Forum: Official Models (https://forums.ldraw.org/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: 8841 - Desert Racer [Technic] (6 models, unfinished) (/thread-7905.html)

8841 - Desert Racer [Technic] (6 models, unfinished) - Ignacio Fernandez Galvan - 2013-01-26

Here are the models contained in the 8841 set. It's unfinished because some parts (particularly in the 8841+8700 model) are missing or unofficial. Includes flexible parts modeled with LSynth, could change that in the future.

[Image: 8841_1_Desert_Racer.png]

[Image: 8841_2_Desert_Racer_Tractor.png]

[Image: 8841_3_Desert_Racer_Chassis.png]

[Image: 8841_4_Desert_Racer_Balance.png]

[Image: 8841_5_Desert_Racer_Buggy.png]

[Image: 8841_8700_Desert_Racer_Power_Pack.png]

8841+8700 attached in reply

Re: 8841 - Desert Racer (6 models, unfinished) - Ignacio Fernandez Galvan - 2013-01-26

6th submodel of 8841

Re: 8841 - Desert Racer [Technic] (6 models, unfinished) - Philippe Hurbain - 2013-01-26

Ignacio, could you list the missing parts?

Re: 8841 - Desert Racer [Technic] (6 models, unfinished) - Max Martin Richter - 2013-01-27

Well, I just got a real copy of this nice set a couple of days before ;-)
How did you bent the 8 long axle for the rollover cage? It looks really good so far.
But IMHO there is a second rear attachment for the tractor for the real model, isn't it?

/Max

Re: 8841 - Desert Racer [Technic] (6 models, unfinished) - Ignacio Fernandez Galvan - 2013-01-27

Max Martin Richter Wrote:Well, I just got a real copy of this nice set a couple of days before ;-)

I have it since my childhood. Smile

Quote:How did you bent the 8 long axle for the rollover cage? It looks really good so far.

With LSynth, the code's in the file (at the end), see here too:
http://jc-tchang.philohome.com/manuel/Lsynth3.htm#ls_type_tar

For the exact angles, I made the calculations assuming all 3 axles would have the same curvature radius, and only the parts outside the grey pieces would be bent. (Well, not calculations, but drew it in GeoGebra to get the numbers.)

Quote:But IMHO there is a second rear attachment for the tractor for the real model, isn't it?

Yes, both are included in the model, just change the "Parallel plough" line to "Line plough".

Missing lsynth files? (Re: 8841 - Desert Racer) - Magnus Forsberg - 2013-01-27

It might be obvious for some people, But what is ls40a.dat and ls41a.dat?

Why can't I find these files files in the download section of Ldraw.org?
Are the files at Holly-Wood.it official or unofficial?
Are they certified or not?

Re: Missing lsynth files? (Re: 8841 - Desert Racer) - Philippe Hurbain - 2013-01-27

You can get them from JC-Tchang website, here.
Now I heatfully agree that the status of LSynth parts should be clarified!!!

Re: Missing lsynth files? (Re: 8841 - Desert Racer) - Michael Heidemann - 2013-01-27

As all that parts are not in our library, they has to be added to each model they are used in!

Re: Missing lsynth files? (Re: 8841 - Desert Racer) - Ignacio Fernandez Galvan - 2013-01-28

When LDCad adds the flexible parts support, I hope that will be solved. For the moment, the models are still "unfinished" Smile

Re: Missing lsynth files? (Re: 8841 - Desert Racer) - Steffen - 2013-01-28

I agree with Michael.
MPDs must be self-contained, i.e.,
all files which are not official at the time of its publication must be contained inside the file,
and this includes lsynth-parts.

Re: Missing lsynth files? (Re: 8841 - Desert Racer) - Roland Melkert - 2013-01-28

Ignacio Fernandez Galvan Wrote:When LDCad adds the flexible parts support, I hope that will be solved.

Please note it depends on which part(s) you use as donor parts, those still need to be official or otherwise findable when using the references method. For the deform method there will indeed be no dependencies (but large files though).