LDraw.org Discussion Forums
LDCad Set PBG generator - Printable Version

+- LDraw.org Discussion Forums (https://forums.ldraw.org)
+-- Forum: LDraw Programs (https://forums.ldraw.org/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers (https://forums.ldraw.org/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: LDCad Set PBG generator (/thread-24060.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: LDCad Set PBG generator - Stefan Frenz - 2020-06-01

Thank you so much for this exporter.  Smile I really appreciate the new UI and UX. Smile 

Testing set 70618 again, I only wonder at some parts that are reported to be "not found in the official library or on the Parts Tracker" like 25375 (tassel, LDraw already has the base parts in the official library but composed base parts are on the parts tracker) and 25111 (sword, Rebrickable seems to have a LDraw-rendered image of unknown source: the referenced LDraw number does not exist and I could not find any sword with my limited search abilities). Is this something at Rebrickable?

(2020-05-18, 15:47)Orion Pobursky Wrote: Thanks for the offer.

I think this is a topic for a separate thread but here's what I want help on: the format for the cross ref file. I keep changing my mind on how I want to structure it. I think some input from other developer will help me finalize things. That said, I strongly prefer it be JSON (or XML if you twist my arm).
I don't know if this is the separate thread. Wink  But I like to sustain my offer to support in any way (I dislike XML, too). Smile

RE: LDCad Set PBG generator - Orion Pobursky - 2020-06-01

(2020-06-01, 1:20)Stefan Frenz Wrote: 25375 (tassel, LDraw already has the base parts in the official library but composed base parts are on the parts tracker) and 25111 (sword, Rebrickable seems to have a LDraw-rendered image of unknown source: the referenced LDraw number does not exist and I could not find any sword with my limited search abilities). Is this something at Rebrickable?

I just submitted a change request for 25375 to point it to 25375-f1

The render for 25111 is probably the raw LDD data.

(2020-06-01, 1:20)Stefan Frenz Wrote: I don't know if this is the separate thread. Wink  But I like to sustain my offer to support in any way (I dislike XML, too). Smile

I decided to go with something much simpler: a CSV file. It's much easier to work with as I can do work in a spreadsheet and just export as CSV. The location to the file the generator uses is given above.

RE: LDCad Set PBG generator - Orion Pobursky - 2020-06-11

Update on the crossref.

The hips and legs are currently undergoing revision on the PT. I'm going to hold off including them until they are official.

As for Technic action figures, The only parts that change are the heads and torsos. I was thinking of including the Complete shortcut (that can be inlined) and the appropriate head/torso as loose parts.  Thoughts?

RE: LDCad Set PBG generator - Philippe Hurbain - 2020-06-11

(2020-06-11, 0:27)Orion Pobursky Wrote: As for Technic action figures, The only parts that change are the heads and torsos. I was thinking of including the Complete shortcut (that can be inlined) and the appropriate head/torso as loose parts.
Sorry, not sure to understand what you intend to do exactly?

RE: LDCad Set PBG generator - Stefan Frenz - 2020-06-11

(2020-06-11, 0:27)Orion Pobursky Wrote: I was thinking of including the Complete shortcut (that can be inlined) and the appropriate head/torso as loose parts.  Thoughts?
Maybe for the non-technic-figures the assemblies could be done in the same way? I would love to have the figures "done already" in some way as I (personally) prefer building the sets - building/assembling the figures is not my favored action, so I would prefer "having" figures instead of "building" them. Wink

(2020-06-11, 7:31)Stefan Frenz Wrote: Maybe for the non-technic-figures the assemblies could be done in the same way? I would love to have the figures "done already" in some way as I (personally) prefer building the sets - building/assembling the figures is not my favored action, so I would prefer "having" figures instead of "building" them. Wink

This would be awesome but is beyond the scope of this project. Although, an enterprising person could use the cross ref file and the new minifig feature of Rebrickable to do just this.

(2020-06-11, 5:53)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: Sorry, not sure to understand what you intend to do exactly?

So basically for torso assemblies, I replace the Rebrickable entry with the appropriately patterned torso, left and right arms, and 2 hands. The Technic action figure, however, is significantly more parts, most of which don't change. Therefore, I think the best solution is to replace the Rebrickable entry with Technic Action Figure shortcut (2698c01) in the dominant color, the appropriately patterned torso (2698pXX), and the appropriately patterned head (2707pXX). 2698c01 can then be inlined and the head and torso replaced with a double click.

RE: LDCad Set PBG generator - Philippe Hurbain - 2020-06-11

Got it. Yes, I think it's a good solution...

RE: LDCad Set PBG generator - Marc Giraudet - 2020-06-11

(2020-05-28, 0:08)Orion Pobursky Wrote: I finished entering all 526(!) torso assemblies (out of a possible 3700ish) into the cross reference file, I've moved the Set PBG generator out of experimental status.

New url is:
https://www.ldraw.org/downloads-2/pbg-generator.html

My next project is hips assemblies then Minidoll torso and leg assemblies followed by Technic action figures. I may sprinkle in other assemblies as I find them.

As always, If you find bugs or oddities, please post them here. If you find a misnumbered single file that's not part of an assembly, submit a change request at Rebrickable.

The current crossref file can always be found here:
https://www.ldraw.org/common/data/pbg_crossref.csv
Found a problem with 298c02 part :
For example set 76042-1 or 7236-1 have 2 of it but in the export there are only 1x4592 +1x4593.

When 298c02 is exported in 2 sub parts (i prefer this solution), why 2429c01 is not ?

RE: LDCad Set PBG generator - Jaco van der Molen - 2020-06-11

(2020-05-28, 0:08)Orion Pobursky Wrote: I finished entering all 526(!) torso assemblies (out of a possible 3700ish) into the cross reference file, I've moved the Set PBG generator out of experimental status.

New url is:
https://www.ldraw.org/downloads-2/pbg-generator.html

My next project is hips assemblies then Minidoll torso and leg assemblies followed by Technic action figures. I may sprinkle in other assemblies as I find them.

As always, If you find bugs or oddities, please post them here. If you find a misnumbered single file that's not part of an assembly, submit a change request at Rebrickable.

The current crossref file can always be found here:
https://www.ldraw.org/common/data/pbg_crossref.csv

Great work Orion. This a a VERY useful tool!