LDraw.org Discussion Forums
LDInspector - Printable Version

+- LDraw.org Discussion Forums (https://forums.ldraw.org)
+-- Forum: LDraw Programs (https://forums.ldraw.org/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers (https://forums.ldraw.org/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: LDInspector (/thread-23882.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: LDInspector - Stefan Frenz - 2020-03-10

I added a separate Edit pane, but beware of the red buttons - they will change the underlying file immediately. Wink Additionally, now there are quick-fix buttons on the OMR-Check pane, they also will change the underlying file and re-check which will perhaps result in other/more/same buttons, as each tries to fix as fine-granular as possible - except for "Fix All".

Exclamation Exclamation  Please try the red buttons only with files which you don't need anymore or which are backed up. Exclamation Exclamation 

Said that, I would appreciate feedback for functionality, user interface, bugs, wishes. Link is the same to the current version. Smile

RE: LDInspector - Stefan Frenz - 2020-03-10

(2020-03-09, 8:28)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: 2 Is my favorite too. When there is no clear and definitive option, allow the user to do what it wants, but warn for possible mistakes.
Thank you, done. Smile

RE: LDInspector - Stefan Frenz - 2020-03-16

(2020-02-25, 11:51)Willy Tschager Wrote: but I don't know how to:

Fix movetos
Inline unofficials with the correct OMR-nomenclatura
Fix description
Fix filename
Hi Willy,

the first official version 0.1 Big Grin  supports automatic fixing for those issues (and some more), and the current version also supports "repeated fix" to solve problems repeatedly until there is no more automatically fixable issue (this will become version 0.2 after including some more features which are not yet added to the "current" version).

I made two little howto's at the wiki: check for OMR compliance and fix OMR compliance issues.

The help/hint texts could be better and more informative, but hopefully with the automatic-fix-feature the hints are (a) not needed that much or (b) lead into the right direction. As always: any suggestion is warmly welcome.

Best regards
Stefan

RE: LDInspector - N. W. Perry - 2020-03-19

Feature suggestion: How about a check for whether all referenced submodels (i.e., non-part files) are set to color 16?

RE: LDInspector - Stefan Frenz - 2020-03-19

(2020-03-19, 1:39)N. W. Perry Wrote: Feature suggestion: How about a check for whether all referenced submodels (i.e., non-part files) are set to color 16?
Would be a no-brainer. Smile  But I'm not sure about the benefit, and for example paths for hoses in LDCad are referenced with color and are implemented as ldr submodels with color 16...

RE: LDInspector - N. W. Perry - 2020-03-20

(2020-03-19, 6:23)Stefan Frenz Wrote: Would be a no-brainer. Smile  But I'm not sure about the benefit, and for example paths for hoses in LDCad are referenced with color and are implemented as ldr submodels with color 16...

Well, I'm not sure either. It occurred to me as I spent about an hour going through my models after realizing that all of the subfiles were assigned to various colors despite not needing to be, since all colors are assigned inside the subfiles. On the other hand, they don't need not to be, either; and indeed, in some cases a subfile should be assigned a specific color. Perhaps it just appeals to those of us with an organizational nature. Smile

It would be a warning/suggestion check, rather than an error, of course. But maybe all I really wanted was the ability to select all submodels and/or assign all of them to a specific color (perhaps in LDCad's clean-up dialog).

LDInspector version 0.2 - Stefan Frenz - 2020-04-01

Today I released version 0.2 as current version, main changes since 0.1 are:
  • Doing repeated-checks after name-change.
  • Added option to embed unofficial/all used parts.
  • Added clipboard functions to Edit pane.
  • Added direct links to online help and version-check.
  • Added direct links to source on Web pane.

Especially the Edit pane got major updates: part-ref replacement, inline parts and a (very basic) clipboard function that allows copying models from one file to another.

As always: all suggestions are warmly welcome, thanks for testing and reporting. Smile 
Best regards
Stefan

RE: LDInspector version 0.2 - Willy Tschager - 2020-04-04

* install_lin.sh installs javafx-sdk-13.0.2 and jdk-13.0.2 then complaints that ldinsp.jar is missing.
* downlaoded ldinsp.jar as well but run didn't start up
* renamed ldinsp02.jar to ldinsp.jar and got the prog running.

w.

RE: LDInspector version 0.2 - Stefan Frenz - 2020-04-04

Thank you very much for reporting. To ensure I fully understand: you downloaded the installer without ldinsp.jar in the same directory, started the installer which failed, then downloaded ldinsp.jar, and it did not work? Indeed the correct run script is only created if ldinsp.jar is existing during install. Hmm. So if ldinsp.jar is not there yet, downloading afterwards without starting the install script again does not create the correct run script. Sad

As there is a downloadable jar at a fixed place since some time, the installer should download LDInspector instead of complaining it's not there! Blush I will update this.

RE: LDInspector version 0.2 - Stefan Frenz - 2020-04-04

(2020-04-04, 13:40)Stefan Frenz Wrote: I will update this.
That was easier than I thought. Smile  The current installer is tested to work on Linux with better behavior. Smile The windows installer is updated but untested as I don't have access to a Windows machine right now (will test later if  Cool nobody else is faster). and seems to work, too. Smile