LDraw.org Discussion Forums
LDInspector - Printable Version

+- LDraw.org Discussion Forums (https://forums.ldraw.org)
+-- Forum: LDraw Programs (https://forums.ldraw.org/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers (https://forums.ldraw.org/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: LDInspector (/thread-23882.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: LDInspector - Stefan Frenz - 2020-02-27

Ok, so I put the installer and jar-file on my private page with a link to this thread and the wiki. On the latter one I still would like to put the docu, how-to, use-cases etc. to enable others to edit them if they like to.

RE: LDInspector - Stefan Frenz - 2020-02-27

(2020-02-27, 8:47)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: Speaking of embedded but not referenced files, when I tried to check my 42105 catamaran model, LDinspector issued a warning for the TEXMAP-able subfiles of the sails (66645as01/66645bs01)
With the current version the catamaran should be rated "ok". Smile

RE: LDInspector - Philippe Hurbain - 2020-02-27

(2020-02-27, 14:32)Stefan Frenz Wrote: With the current version the catamaran should be rated "ok". Smile
It does Cool

RE: LDInspector - Orion Pobursky - 2020-02-27

(2020-02-27, 14:30)Stefan Frenz Wrote: Ok, so I put the installer and jar-file on my private page with a link to this thread and the wiki. On the latter one I still would like to put the docu, how-to, use-cases etc. to enable others to edit them if they like to.

That's fine. Again, we can host, that's not a problem. However, it isn't preferred to make this a widespread practice as we do have limited space (not that we're close to exceeding it right now).

RE: LDInspector - Stefan Frenz - 2020-02-28

(2020-02-26, 19:42)Stefan Frenz Wrote: I got an account and played a bit - looks perfect. Smile So I will put all future how-to's, docus and up-to-date-files there.
I put some first content to the wiki and updated the snapshot version of LDInspector.

I must admit that it's too much text, I doubt anyone will read it. Wink  But there is also a first howto: how to get an inventory from Bricklink and post-process it. Thanks to the available gallery-slideshow this is much easier than creating an animated gif - and it's never too slow or too fast. Big Grin

RE: LDInspector - N. W. Perry - 2020-03-02

I'm still finding that I have to either create a new workspace, or load a saved one, each time I open the program. Could there be one loaded by default, or have I not set it up correctly to do so? Does it need to be in the same directory as the .jar file? (And does that .jar file have to be inside the Java Virtual Machines directory in the "innards" of my system?)

RE: LDInspector - Stefan Frenz - 2020-03-03

(2020-03-02, 17:25)N. W. Perry Wrote: Does it need to be in the same directory as the .jar file? (And does that .jar file have to be inside the Java Virtual Machines directory in the "innards" of my system?)
Speaking for Linux/MacOS versions: if your starter file changes the directory to the one the jar-file is in, you have to put your LDInspector.ldi there. But if you set all Java-paths correctly (which I have no idea for MacOS), you may start LDInspector from any directory and have another LDInspector.ldi in each one. So it's up to your preferences: either change path to (any) directory or not, LDInspector will try to load it's configuration there. The time I had the Windows-test-machine, I couldn't get the batch file working successfully at the same time without parameters and with one or more parameters.

Maybe LDInspector could offer a command line option? Something like
Code:
java .... ldinsp.LDInspector -data PATH_AND_FILE.ldi
This would allow even for Windows to have multiple workspace configurations.

Shell I? Wink

RE: LDInspector - Stefan Frenz - 2020-03-04

(2020-02-25, 11:51)Willy Tschager Wrote: Fix movetos
The current version supports this one as well as setting author and license, either via "Quick-Fix" on the OMR-Check pane or via separate buttons on the newly invented Edit pane.

The other edit-features will take some more time...

RE: LDInspector - Stefan Frenz - 2020-03-09

(2020-02-09, 14:43)Orion Pobursky Wrote: there will be some crazy edge case
While looking at my code, again I thought about the filename check currently implemented in LDInspector. At the moment, the check searches for numbers at the filename beginning ("10246" of "10246 - Detectives Office.mpd"). But researching for sets containing not only digits, I found those crazy edge cases like set C001 (Star Wars Clock) or set EL136 (Dino Attack Minifigure).

What is the preferred way for LDInspector to check given filenames?

1. Accept only numbers as set identifier: treat "C001 - Star Wars Clock.mpd" as "error" (current implementation).
  2. Hint/warn about possible wrong set identifier: treat "C001 - ..." as "ok", but hint/warn about possibly wrong set identifier (my favorite).
  3. Accept anything with space-dash-space as valid set identifier. This would treat "Star - Wars Clock.mpd" as "ok" accidentally (having "Star" as set identifier and "Wars Clock" as set name).

Thanks for sharing your votes.

RE: LDInspector - Philippe Hurbain - 2020-03-09

2 Is my favorite too. When there is no clear and definitive option, allow the user to do what it wants, but warn for possible mistakes.