LDraw.org Discussion Forums
LDInspector - Printable Version

+- LDraw.org Discussion Forums (https://forums.ldraw.org)
+-- Forum: LDraw Programs (https://forums.ldraw.org/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers (https://forums.ldraw.org/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: LDInspector (/thread-23882.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: LDInspector - Philippe Hurbain - 2020-02-25

Hi Stefan,
Can't seem to be able to install it on my (win10) machine...
Code:
BITSADMIN version 3.0
BITS administration utility.
(C) Copyright Microsoft Corp.

Invalid argument.

BITSADMIN version 3.0

Invalid argument.
'unzip' n’est pas reconnu en tant que commande interne
ou externe, un programme exécutable ou un fichier de commandes.
Impossible de trouver D:\Mes documents\Bureau\ldinst\openjdk-13.0.2_windows-x64_bin.zip
Le chemin d’accès spécifié est introuvable.

BITSADMIN version 3.0

Invalid argument.

BITSADMIN version 3.0

Invalid argument.
'unzip' n’est pas reconnu en tant que commande interne
ou externe, un programme exécutable ou un fichier de commandes.
Impossible de trouver D:\Mes documents\Bureau\ldinst\openjfx-13.0.2_windows-x64_bin-sdk.zip
Le chemin d’accès spécifié est introuvable.
LDInspector environment installed, please start LDInspector with "run.bat"
Appuyez sur une touche pour continuer...

RE: LDInspector - Stefan Frenz - 2020-02-25

Hum. Sad  Thanks for reporting! Smile  

Maybe you could test again with the attached installer and report? I changed the way the current directory is used...

I still don't have a reliable windows machine to test on, sorry. Blush

(2020-02-25, 15:47)Stefan Frenz Wrote: Hum. Sad  Thanks for reporting! Smile  

Maybe you could test again with the attached installer and report? I changed the way the current directory is used...

I still don't have a reliable windows machine to test on, sorry. Blush
Install worked! Now I need to play with program Wink

(2020-02-25, 16:14)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: Install worked! Now I need to play with program Wink
It will require MUCH more exploration time (and maybe to read some documentation if/when it's available Big Grin ) but it's very impressive so far! And very fast...

Thanks a lot for testing, reporting and the nice words! Smile There are still many things that are "work in progress" and therefore changing frequently, but some use case descriptions are found below in post 27 (animated gifs). Hopefully they bring light to what I was thinking of...

If there is anything you would like to have, to not have or to have changed: please let me know!  Smile

RE: LDInspector - N. W. Perry - 2020-02-25

(2020-02-14, 16:37)Stefan Frenz Wrote: I'm sorry for that. I don't have a Mac to test and some colleagues reported some caveats for Java on Mac (perhaps they are >=MacOS 10.15), but I would assume that if you have java and openjfx installed, it should ™ work. You can get JavaFX from gluon and Java from Oracle or AdoptOpenJDK.

OK, I've downloaded both version 11 and version 13 of JavaFX, where do I place the files I've downloaded?

Please try the following directory structure:

Code:
../somePath/ldinsp.jar
../somePath/jdk-13.0.2               <<< therein should be Java13, among others a directory "lib"
../somePath/javafx-sdk-13.0.2     <<< therein should be jFX, among others a directory "lib"

then in a terminal the following should start LDInspector:

Code:
cd ../somePath
jdk-13.0.2/bin/java --module-path .:javafx-sdk-13.0.2/lib/ -m LDInspector/ldinsp.LDInspector

Thanks for testing!

RE: LDInspector - N. W. Perry - 2020-02-25

(2020-02-25, 17:56)Stefan Frenz Wrote: Please try the following directory structure:

Code:
../somePath/ldinsp.jar
../somePath/jdk-13.0.2               <<< therein should be Java13, among others a directory "lib"
../somePath/javafx-sdk-13.0.2     <<< therein should be jFX, among others a directory "lib"

then in a terminal the following should start LDInspector:

Code:
cd /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines
jdk-13.0.2.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/java --module-path .:javafx-sdk-13.0.2/lib/ -m LDInspector/ldinsp.LDInspector

Thanks for testing!

Thanks! After revising the terminal commands (shown here for my own copy/paste purposes) to reflect actual directory structure, I get this error:

Code:
Exception in Application start method
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: Exception in Application start method
    at javafx.graphics/com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.launchApplication1(LauncherImpl.java:900)
    at javafx.graphics/com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.lambda$launchApplication$2(LauncherImpl.java:195)
    at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:830)
Caused by: java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation problem:
    The method getSourceSize() is undefined for the type LDIData

at LDInspector/ldinsp.gui.view.LDIVItem.refresh(LDIVItem.java:324)
    at LDInspector/ldinsp.gui.view.LDIVItem.onTabSelection(LDIVItem.java:271)
    at LDInspector/ldinsp.gui.LDIGui.tabChanged(LDIGui.java:662)
    at LDInspector/ldinsp.gui.LDIGui.<init>(LDIGui.java:292)
    at LDInspector/ldinsp.LDIGuiStarter.start(LDIGuiStarter.java:33)
    at javafx.graphics/com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.lambda$launchApplication1$9(LauncherImpl.java:846)
    at javafx.graphics/com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runAndWait$12(PlatformImpl.java:455)
    at javafx.graphics/com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runLater$10(PlatformImpl.java:428)
    at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:391)
    at javafx.graphics/com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runLater$11(PlatformImpl.java:427)
    at javafx.graphics/com.sun.glass.ui.InvokeLaterDispatcher$Future.run(InvokeLaterDispatcher.java:96)

(2020-02-25, 21:15)N. W. Perry Wrote:
Code:
jdk-13.0.2.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/java --module-path .:javafx-sdk-13.0.2/lib/ -m LDInspector/ldinsp.LDInspector
Thanks for testing and reporting. Hum, the "jdk-13.0.2.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/java" seems strange to me, it should read "jdk-13.0.2/bin/java". But the exception seems to be an independent issue, did you use the "last" version of LDInspector? Hum, this thread is messed Blush  up - I think it's in post #30... Big Grin

RE: LDInspector - Stefan Frenz - 2020-02-26

Hi Willy,

I got an account and played a bit - looks perfect. Smile So I will put all future how-to's, docus and up-to-date-files there.
Thanks again!

Best regards
Stefan