LDraw.org Discussion Forums
LDInspector - Printable Version

+- LDraw.org Discussion Forums (https://forums.ldraw.org)
+-- Forum: LDraw Programs (https://forums.ldraw.org/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers (https://forums.ldraw.org/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: LDInspector (/thread-23882.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: LDInspector - Willy Tschager - 2020-02-21

(2020-02-21, 9:41)Stefan Frenz Wrote: Attached is an updated version of LDInspector, asking for a configuration if started without one (thanks for hinting this might be helpful) and with some new features and bugfixes. Also attached is an installer for Linux and Windows: both download required files and create an appropriate starter script.

Please add "Linux" or "Windows" to the file name. I'm supposed to remove the old version?

w.

RE: LDInspector - Stefan Frenz - 2020-02-21

Done.  Smile The new version should have more features and less bugs than the old ones, so please use this one and remove the old ones.

RE: LDInspector - Willy Tschager - 2020-02-23

(2020-02-21, 9:41)Stefan Frenz Wrote: Attached is an updated version of LDInspector, asking for a configuration if started without one (thanks for hinting this might be helpful) and with some new features and bugfixes. Also attached is an installer for Linux and Windows: both download required files and create an appropriate starter script.

Edit: updated install zip as suggested by Willy.

I get:

"missing ldinsp.jar, please put it in /home/..."

Could you pack a readme file with instructions how to run the .sh script?

w.

RE: LDInspector - Stefan Frenz - 2020-02-23

Thanks for reporting, attached is an updated version with readme. At the moment I'm quite unsure what is best - I thought of the following:
  • Pack install script and ldinsp together in one zip, user would have to start install and should get it working. Pro: single file; con: always update script+insp together even if not required.
  • Keep install script and ldinsp separated, user has to ensure install-script and ldinsp is in the same directory. Pro: user has more control; con: higher fail quote.
  • Only provide install script, this script downloads newest version of ldinsp itself. Pro: could be used to automatically check for updates; con: at the moment I don't know where (in the web) to put the file - at the moment only this LDraw Forum community is involved...
The board prevents uploading jar and sh files (with good cause), so the user always has to "do something".

Does the install script work if both install-script and ldinsp (zip or jar) are in the same directory?

RE: LDInspector - Willy Tschager - 2020-02-25

(2020-02-23, 11:36)Stefan Frenz Wrote:
  • Only provide install script, this script downloads newest version of ldinsp itself. Pro: could be used to automatically check for updates; con: at the moment I don't know where (in the web) to put the file - at the moment only this LDraw Forum community is involved...
Personally speaking I would prefer this method.

w.

Stefan,

would it be possible to put all this stuff at the LDraw wiki?

w.

This is impressive, especially the amount of data you pull form it. However I have some suggestions:

* Please rename "Check" to "OMR-Check" and place the tab between "Item" and "Render"
* I loaded a .ldr file with unofficial part. I get all warnings but I don't know how to:

Fix movetos
Inline unofficials with the correct OMR-nomenclatura
Fix description
Fix filename

* In the PartList Chart I would prefer the long name "Official" "Unofficial" instead of "ofc", "uno"
* Does "ign" stand for "Ignor"?

w.

RE: LDInspector - Stefan Frenz - 2020-02-25

Thanks a lot! Smile

(2020-02-25, 11:51)Willy Tschager Wrote: * Please rename "Check" to "OMR-Check" and place the tab between "Item" and "Render"
* In the PartList Chart I would prefer the long name "Official" "Unofficial" instead of "ofc", "uno"
Done.

(2020-02-25, 11:51)Willy Tschager Wrote: * I loaded a .ldr file with unofficial part. I get all warnings but I don't know how to:

Fix movetos
Inline unofficials with the correct OMR-nomenclatura
Fix description
Fix filename
Yes, at the moment there is no hint about how to fix. I plan to implement some kind of "quick fix" which should fix all errors/warnings that can be fixed automatically. But at the moment, LDInspector only reads user data and never writes them back - I'm still unsure about the preferred user interface therefore. For all other errors (like "part missing") I plan to give some more information about what is wrong and how it could be fixed.

(2020-02-25, 11:51)Willy Tschager Wrote: * Does "ign" stand for "Ignor"?
Yes. At the moment every check that is started will print exactly one line. Would you prefer skipping the output of ignored checks?

Thank you very much for repeated testing. I really do appreciate your feedback very much.  Smile

RE: LDInspector - Stefan Frenz - 2020-02-25

(2020-02-25, 11:29)Willy Tschager Wrote: would it be possible to put all this stuff at the LDraw wiki?
Hi Willy,

yes, of course! I just requested a wiki account. Smile  Maybe the wiki also would be a place to put the always-up-to-date version of LDInspector?

Best regards
Stefan

RE: LDInspector - Orion Pobursky - 2020-02-25

(2020-02-25, 13:10)Stefan Frenz Wrote: Hi Willy,

yes, of course! I just requested a wiki account. Smile  Maybe the wiki also would be a place to put the always-up-to-date version of LDInspector?

Best regards
Stefan

Well. I think I'd prefer Github/SourceForge/etc but we can host in a pinch.