LDraw.org Discussion Forums
LDInspector - Printable Version

+- LDraw.org Discussion Forums (https://forums.ldraw.org)
+-- Forum: LDraw Programs (https://forums.ldraw.org/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers (https://forums.ldraw.org/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: LDInspector (/thread-23882.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: LDInspector - Lasse Deleuran - 2020-08-17

(2020-08-17, 9:56)Stefan Frenz Wrote: There is a new unofficial version of LDInspector that fixes a bug in the header-line check after automatic name/rename-fix.

Additionally, in the PartList-view there is a new experimental feature to get the price for a part from Bricklink (you can choose used/new parts and already-sold/to-be-sold prices). Unfortunately, this works only for few parts, then BrickLink prevent further requests, so this will be replaced in future versions. For example, Rebrickable has complete lists of prices like in
  https://rebrickable.com/parts/14395/brick-arch-1-x-5-x-4-continuous-bow-raised-underside-cross-supports/#buy_parts
which is way more than I have in mind - I just want to have an idea of the price, for example if an alternate part or another color is much cheaper, or if the part could be replaced by another one that is much cheaper. To do this search in LDInspector with more search options than available in Rebrickable, I would like to include prices of parts. Does anyone know an online price database for new/used parts that can be queried?

As always: any help or suggestion is warmly welcome.
You should watch out for using Rebrickable too. They have started blocking non-browser users, such as apps using their color sheet.

RE: LDInspector - Stefan Frenz - 2020-08-17

(2020-08-17, 12:05)Lasse Deleuran Wrote: You should watch out for using Rebrickable too. They have started blocking non-browser users, such as apps using their color sheet.
Thanks. Smile

RE: LDInspector - Orion Pobursky - 2020-08-17

(2020-08-17, 12:05)Lasse Deleuran Wrote: You should watch out for using Rebrickable too. They have started blocking non-browser users, such as apps using their color sheet.

As far as I know, you just can't ping too much. With the PBG generator, I throttle the requests to prevent this (I actually had triggered temporarily IP ban due to a bug in my code). I do know they removed the ability to get the parts lists for MOCs.

Thanks for this, too. Smile  For Rebrickable I have a best-guess connection throttle algorithm which seems to work most of the time (which results in horrible timing for large part lists).

There are other sites with "part out values" like brickmerge.de - somehow they must obtain part prices... Does anybody know how? Thanks in advance.

RE: LDInspector - Orion Pobursky - 2020-08-17

(2020-08-17, 14:52)Stefan Frenz Wrote: Thanks for this, too. Smile  For Rebrickable I have a best-guess connection throttle algorithm which seems to work most of the time (which results in horrible timing for large part lists).

There are other sites with "part out values" like brickmerge.de - somehow they must obtain part prices... Does anybody know how? Thanks in advance.

They probably have BrickLink API access. Since BrickLink requires you to have a static IP and there's no way we're going to pay for that, BrickLink API access (However useful it may be) isn't going to happen anytime soon here at LDraw.

The other option is to severely throttle your page requests. 2 sec between requests or something ridiculous like that.

(2020-08-17, 14:57)Orion Pobursky Wrote: They probably have BrickLink API access. Since BrickLink requires you to have a static IP and there's no way we're going to pay for that, BrickLink API access (However useful it may be) isn't going to happen anytime soon here at LDraw.

The other option is to severely throttle your page requests. 2 sec between requests or something ridiculous like that.
Indeed I don't have static IP at home (not even real IPv4 anymore).  Sad  For some "long term" huge pausing between requests would do it, yes, but for my use-case I would interactively search for a part replacement based on price (not only on price, but as one of many criteria), so for each part to be replaced I would search for at least a dozen other ones. If there is no online-database with hard access restriction, I was in hope to get something like Rebrickable's downloadable set inventories files with price per colored part... Angel

RE: LDInspector - Stefan Frenz - 2020-08-18

Detailled use case: having an LDraw model, I would like to get an idea how much each part costs. This can be easily done with Rebrickable as registered user by uploading the part list and looking at the prices. To my knowledge, these addtional steps are not (easily) possible:
  • If a part has a very high price, I would like to replace this part by a similar one with some kind of associative search. For example a 6556 (white 9.07 Euro, tan 16.81 Euro) could be replaced by 4033 (white avg. 9.90 Euro, tan not avail.; this would not be an option) or 60594 (white 0.20 Euro, tan 0.25 Euro; this would be much cheaper if one accepts the model change).
  • If some parts are very expensive in a particular color or if I'm in search of alternative colors, I would like to check what colors are available for those parts, i.e. in which colors are all selected parts available, instantly showing the price. Rebrickable helps with "similar colors", but (to my knowledge) the result is (a) based on my existing parts and (b) treats each part separately. For example, having 3005 and 3010 and 3020 (brick 1x1, brick 1x4, plate 2x4), I would like to get a list with prices for all colors, in which all three parts are available (3010 is not buyable in bright green, so this would be out instantly; black is 0.10/0.14/0.12, dark bluish gray is 0.05/0.19/0.06; some more colors...).
Thanks for any suggestion. Smile

RE: LDInspector - Stefan Frenz - 2020-08-29

Just reporting: I gave up on getting prices from BrickLink. Unfortunately, I did not found any other downloadable / requestable price database.

To get an idea of what I am searching for, I tried to get some information out of the data available from Rebrickable. Listing all parts in all sets from the downloadable Rebrickable's csv files, it seems that there are about 61k real parts (i.e. really existing combinations of part-ids and color-ids). Does this seem to be appropriate? Feeding those 61k back to Rebrickable, about 3k parts result in an error. Those without error divide into about 17k without and 41k with price information. The pipeline took about 8 hours. That's no option obviously. Wink  

It seems that prices will be removed from / not be integrated into LDInspector.

RE: LDInspector - rajubhaiya - 2020-09-24

How do I create a desktop starter for it, 'cos mine isn't working on Linux Mint

RE: LDInspector - Stefan Frenz - 2020-09-25

I don't have Mint at hand, but according to https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=86813 you may add the launcher-editor to your desktop and then add a launcher for LDInspector. Or you follow simple instructions on https://blog.softhints.com/create-shortcut-linux-mint/ or according to https://www.heelpbook.net/2017/create-desktop-shortcut-launcher-linux/ you could also directly create a desktop icon by creating a text file like this
Code:
[Desktop Entry]
Type=Application
Name=LDInspector
GenericName=LDInspector
Comment=LDInspector
Exec=/home/YOUR-PATH/TO-LDINSPECTOR/run.sh
Icon=/YOUR-PREFERRED-ICON
Terminal=false
Categories=Development;IDE;
Keywords=LDraw;
StartupWMClass=processing-app-Base
and save this in your ~/.local/share/applications directory.