LDraw.org Discussion Forums
LDInspector - Printable Version

+- LDraw.org Discussion Forums (https://forums.ldraw.org)
+-- Forum: LDraw Programs (https://forums.ldraw.org/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers (https://forums.ldraw.org/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: LDInspector (/thread-23882.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: LDInspector version 0.2 - Roland Melkert - 2020-05-01

(2020-05-01, 18:59)Stefan Frenz Wrote: please don't feel angry Smile

Just a bit bummed the brand new paint job already has a scratch on it. Undecided

RE: Header Meta question - Stefan Frenz - 2020-05-02

(2020-04-30, 12:34)Stefan Frenz Wrote: Did I miss something? Do you have an advice for me or a wish how LDInspector should behave?
After thinking two nights about it and reading the LEOCad meta command description, it seems that they need to be at this place for LEOCad. So it will become something between option 1 and 2: be able to read and generally ignore additional metas in the header and do not move them, write them back at the same position of not explicitly (re)moved, and offer an option to automatically (re)move them for OMR compliance.

RE: Header Meta question - Orion Pobursky - 2020-05-02

(2020-05-02, 9:53)Stefan Frenz Wrote: After thinking two nights about it and reading the LEOCad meta command description, it seems that they need to be at this place for LEOCad. So it will become something between option 1 and 2: be able to read and generally ignore additional metas in the header and do not move them, write them back at the same position of not explicitly (re)moved, and offer an option to automatically (re)move them for OMR compliance.

I meant to reply earlier but got distracted,

Anyway, from a File Format standpoint, having a meta probably isn't desired as the first line of a file as it should result in the META being ignored and the line being consider the file title.

https://www.ldraw.org/article/218.html#lt0
"If the first line of a file is a line type 0 the remainder of the line is considered the file title (see Library Header specification). This overrides any META commands on that line."

Therefore, it's not "illegal" but, also, not recommend as it should (if the program fully conforms to the spec) lead to an unexpected outcome. You might want to inform Leonardo to change this behavior.

RE: Header Meta question - Stefan Frenz - 2020-05-02

(2020-05-02, 12:42)Orion Pobursky Wrote: [...] having a meta probably isn't desired as the first line of a file as it should result in the META being ignored and the line being consider the file title.
[...] 218 "If the first line of a file is a line type 0 the remainder of the line is considered the file title (see Library Header specification). This overrides any META commands on that line."
Therefore, it's not "illegal" but, also, not recommend as it should (if the program fully conforms to the spec) lead to an unexpected outcome. [...]
Thank you very much for confirming! Smile  Indeed LDInspector took this line as description ("file title") which only showed up because of Willy's hint about unneeded META commands. Smile

RE: Header Meta question - Leonardo Zide - 2020-05-03

(2020-05-02, 12:42)Orion Pobursky Wrote: Therefore, it's not "illegal" but, also, not recommend as it should (if the program fully conforms to the spec) lead to an unexpected outcome. You might want to inform Leonardo to change this behavior.

I think that behavior is from before there was an OMR header and the first line being the description was only official for the parts library. I'll change the save format to be OMR compliant.

LDInspector version 0.3 - Stefan Frenz - 2020-05-06

Thank you very much Willy, Roland, Orion and Mike for your help, suggestion and confirmation. So today I released version 0.3 as current version, main changes since 0.2 are:
  • Updated main toolbar (now re-ordered and colored).
  • Re-implemented file-save, now only on demand.
  • Added part/color replacement on Edit pane.
  • Beautified OMR compliance check reports.
  • Fixed filename checks containing path.
  • Fixed file extension file type check.
  • Added dispensable meta check.
  • Added part preview to Web pane.
  • Automatic web cache dismiss after error.
  • Optimized Rebrickable / Bricklink part replacement.
  • Now rating moved parts as "warning" instead of "error".
  • Now accepting non-spec-conforming files with meta before description.

As always: all suggestions are warmly welcome, thanks for testing and reporting. [Image: smile.png] 
Best regards
Stefan

RE: LDInspector - N. W. Perry - 2020-05-06

Not specific to the current version, but I get this non-error message each time I start the program:
Code:
objc[74433]: Class FIFinderSyncExtensionHost is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/FinderKit.framework/Versions/A/FinderKit (0x7fffa5d083d8) and /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/FileProvider.framework/OverrideBundles/FinderSyncCollaborationFileProviderOverride.bundle/Contents/MacOS/FinderSyncCollaborationFileProviderOverride (0x132ec9f50). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

It's probably something to do with my own system—or MacOS in general—but I don't know whether it's a user issue or a developer one.

RE: LDInspector - Stefan Frenz - 2020-05-07

Good to know that this problem arises with LDInspector, too, but this is an Apple problem out of my access. Citing StackOverflow: "There's nothing you can do about this. It's an Apple problem, but it's probably harmless."

RE: LDInspector - N. W. Perry - 2020-05-07

(2020-05-07, 5:10)Stefan Frenz Wrote: Good to know that this problem arises with LDInspector, too, but this is an Apple problem out of my access. Citing StackOverflow: "There's nothing you can do about this. It's an Apple problem, but it's probably harmless."

Good, then I'll not worry about it. :-)

RE: LDInspector - Stefan Frenz - 2020-08-17

There is a new unofficial version of LDInspector that fixes a bug in the header-line check after automatic name/rename-fix.

Additionally, in the PartList-view there is a new experimental feature to get the price for a part from Bricklink (you can choose used/new parts and already-sold/to-be-sold prices). Unfortunately, this works only for few parts, then BrickLink prevent further requests, so this will be replaced in future versions. For example, Rebrickable has complete lists of prices like in
  https://rebrickable.com/parts/14395/brick-arch-1-x-5-x-4-continuous-bow-raised-underside-cross-supports/#buy_parts
which is way more than I have in mind - I just want to have an idea of the price, for example if an alternate part or another color is much cheaper, or if the part could be replaced by another one that is much cheaper. To do this search in LDInspector with more search options than available in Rebrickable, I would like to include prices of parts. Does anyone know an online price database for new/used parts that can be queried?

As always: any help or suggestion is warmly welcome.