LDraw.org Discussion Forums
6379 Riding Stable - Printable Version

+- LDraw.org Discussion Forums (https://forums.ldraw.org)
+-- Forum: Models and Parts (https://forums.ldraw.org/forum-18.html)
+--- Forum: Official Models (https://forums.ldraw.org/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: 6379 Riding Stable (/thread-23771.html)

6379 Riding Stable - Stefan Frenz - 2019-11-28

Hi there,

my next model I'd like to contribute is 6379 Riding Stable (from 1986), it should be OMR-compliant.

Known issue: horse sticker across three bricks on roof is missing.
Done with LDCad 1.6c (Linux64).

Edit: tyres were not rubber-black, please find updated version below.

Regards
Stefan

RE: 6379 Riding Stable - Philippe Hurbain - 2019-11-28

nitpicking: shouldn't the black plates be moved from carriage to horse back when it is untethered? Wink

RE: 6379 Riding Stable - Stefan Frenz - 2019-11-28

(2019-11-28, 16:14)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: nitpicking: shouldn't the black plates be moved from carriage to horse back when it is untethered? Wink
hihi Big Grin  in fact I thought exactly about this when I placed the other ones in the last step  Big Grin  

Seriously: Additionally, I thought about placing the saddle of the white horse inside the stable and "completing" the horse with the white 2x1 brick plus tile. Is it recommended to have something "near instructions" or preferred to have it "nicer looking" for OMR?

RE: 6379 Riding Stable - Orion Pobursky - 2019-11-28

(2019-11-28, 19:13)Stefan Frenz Wrote: hihi Big Grin  in fact I thought exactly about this when I placed the other ones in the last step  Big Grin  

Seriously: Additionally, I thought about placing the saddle of the white horse inside the stable and "completing" the horse with the white 2x1 brick plus tile. Is it recommended to have something "near instructions" or preferred to have it "nicer looking" for OMR?

Instructions are easy to obtain. I'd go for nicer looking but still organized as close to the instructions as reasonable.

RE: 6379 Riding Stable - Stefan Frenz - 2019-11-29

Thanks Philippe, thanks Orion. With your input the attached version is the one I'd prefer. Smile

RE: 6379 Riding Stable - Stefan Frenz - 2019-12-28

Fixed tyre color from Black to Rubber Black.

RE: 6379 Riding Stable - Stefan Frenz - 2020-05-05

(2019-11-28, 15:33)Stefan Frenz Wrote: Known issue: horse sticker across three bricks on roof is missing.
Fixed: added horse sticker. Now considered complete. Smile
Edit: fixed sticker background color, added povray image

RE: 6379 Riding Stable - Takeshi Takahashi - 2021-12-25

I've submitted the inlined horse sticker into the PT as 190165a.
https://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/190165a.dat
The file is mostly unchanged (except colours and complying with BFC NOCLIP regulations).
If you register as part author, I will transfer the authorship since you're the true creator of this file.

Thanks for creating the nice pattern!

RE: 6379 Riding Stable - Stefan Frenz - 2021-12-25

(2021-12-25, 8:34)Takeshi Takahashi Wrote: If you register as part author, I will transfer the authorship since you're the true creator of this file.

Hi Takeshi,

thank you for fine-tuning and publishing.  Smile  I'm not too familiar with the part authoring rules, nor with the part editing tool chain at all. There are some more patterns in my OMR models like in 1972... Wink

@All: is it recommended to upload stickers as parts even used only once in a set? Then I would apply for being an author...

RE: 6379 Riding Stable - Takeshi Takahashi - 2021-12-25

(2021-12-25, 9:11)Stefan Frenz Wrote: Hi Takeshi,

thank you for fine-tuning and publishing.  Smile  I'm not too familiar with the part authoring rules, nor with the part editing tool chain at all. There are some more patterns in my OMR models like in 1972... Wink

@All: is it recommended to upload stickers as parts even used only once in a set? Then I would apply for being an author...

You're welcome.
And I've split the pattern into subfile and reused for smaller sticker 190425a in set 6359 Horse Trailer.
I think your pattern is far better and more accurate than mine, thanks very much.

IMHO, the sticker will be nice if submitted to the PT even if it is used for only the set.
We can create variants in other sets (size, shape, additional logo, etc.) using it, if it's in the official or unofficial library under CCAL (CC-BY license) retaining proper author credits.

RE: 6379 Riding Stable - Stefan Frenz - 2022-01-13

Fixed sticker colors (thanks to Takeshi for the hint) and sticker filename.