LDraw.org Discussion Forums
PT Mockup - Printable Version

+- LDraw.org Discussion Forums (https://forums.ldraw.org)
+-- Forum: Administrative (https://forums.ldraw.org/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Website Suggestions/Requests/Discussion (https://forums.ldraw.org/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: PT Mockup (/thread-23460.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: PT Mockup - Orion Pobursky - 2019-06-05

(2019-06-05, 22:32)Magnus Forsberg Wrote: It only looks good in Edge.

That long link breaks the frame in Chrome.

It looks terrible in Firefox.
The long link breaks the frame. The file-header gets cramed into a very thin frame, about 25% "header" and 75% image.
But I use a sidepanel with bookmarks, and that seems to force the bad behavoir.

Question:
Would it be possible to emphasize the user comment on each post?
Make a difference between the machine text and the user comment.

I test in Firefox, Chrome, and mobile Safari. I know about the long line. Haven’t figured out how to fix it yet (which is why I chose it). I’m not seeing the header problem but it may the the bookmark bar you mention.  

As far as the stuff in the comments, I can change it but it has to be via JS since that text is generated by the PT and not easily altered.

RE: PT Mockup - Orion Pobursky - 2019-06-06

(2019-06-05, 22:40)Orion Pobursky Wrote: I test in Firefox, Chrome, and mobile Safari. I know about the long line. Haven’t figured out how to fix it yet (which is why I chose it). I’m not seeing the header problem but it may the the bookmark bar you mention.  

As far as the stuff in the comments, I can change it but it has to be via JS since that text is generated by the PT and not easily altered.

I’m getting a formatting error for the search box on a small computer screen but the header images are fine for me

RE: PT Mockup - Steffen - 2019-06-06

very nice.

personally, I would need some more "breathing air" between different sections.

i.e., add some more empty space before and after the votes summary at the top etc.

my eyes want to catch and easily grasp the structure of the page.
right now, it is too much a vertically-too-densely-squeezed text fullscreen.

i need more air in it.

RE: PT Mockup - Chris Dee - 2019-06-07

(2019-06-06, 21:23)Steffen Wrote: very nice.

personally, I would need some more "breathing air" between different sections.

i.e., add some more empty space before and after the votes summary at the top etc.

my eyes want to catch and easily grasp the structure of the page.
right now, it is too much a vertically-too-densely-squeezed text fullscreen.

i need more air in it.

I'd prefer the image width to be restricted - maybe max-width: 40%;
I think the header text <pre>....</pre> coiuld be smaller, maybe only 0.75em.
I think the <hr> between review sections is too strong. With improved markup a CSS border would give greater control over width and colour.

Don't mess around with applying complex CSS selectors to the existing ancient HTML. If it would be easier, I can add semantic markup to the generated HTML.

RE: PT Mockup - Orion Pobursky - 2019-06-07

(2019-06-07, 20:33)Chris Dee Wrote: I'd prefer the image width to be restricted - maybe max-width: 40%;
I think the header text <pre>....</pre> coiuld be smaller, maybe only 0.75em.
I think the <hr> between review sections is too strong. With improved markup a CSS border would give greater control over width and colour.

Don't mess around with applying complex CSS selectors to the existing ancient HTML. If it would be easier, I can add semantic markup to the generated HTML.

Limiting the image size is easy. I’m still trying to figure out the menu breaking thing and there’s an error Magnus is getting regarding word wrapping that I’m still trying to solve

I can add to the generated HTML easy enough. The problem is that the PT has the pregenerated text that has to be dealt with. Since regenerating this text for every part doesn’t make sense, I’m just altering via JavaScript. Thankfully, all those equals signs make breaking it up easy.

RE: PT Mockup - Chris Dee - 2019-06-08

(2019-06-05, 22:40)Orion Pobursky Wrote: I test in Firefox, Chrome, and mobile Safari. I know about the long line. Haven’t figured out how to fix it yet (which is why I chose it). I’m not seeing the header problem but it may the the bookmark bar you mention.  

The broken URL is nothing to do with the mockup styling, but a fault in the ptdetail script which wasd too restrictive on what characters are allowed in a URL. That's now fixed on the live Parts Tracker.

RE: PT Mockup - Orion Pobursky - 2019-06-08

(2019-06-08, 8:37)Chris Dee Wrote: The broken URL is nothing to do with the mockup styling, but a fault in the ptdetail script which wasd too restrictive on what characters are allowed in a URL. That's now fixed on the live Parts Tracker.

Awesome. It still doesn’t word wrap properly but I haven’t sat down to fix that problem yet.

RE: PT Mockup - Orion Pobursky - 2019-06-08

(2019-06-05, 16:38)Orion Pobursky Wrote: I’ve started a mock-up of the theming for the PT:
http://www.ldraw.org/pt-detail-mockup.html

This is a static page (i.e it won’t change based on votes, etc.)
I chose this one because the link in the comments is breaking my formatting.

I’d like feedback from the regular PT users.

I've done some more tinkering to the review area.

RE: PT Mockup - Gerald Lasser - 2019-06-08

(2019-06-08, 17:33)Orion Pobursky Wrote: I've done some more tinkering to the review area.

Could you format a "HOLD" vote with white letters on red background? (just the word HOLD)

RE: PT Mockup - Steffen - 2019-06-08

yes, and "comment" something yellow please
and "certify" something green please

I like the new look with the "paper snippets" for each review