LDraw.org Discussion Forums
Cannot render the rubber band in LPub3D, any help ?? - Printable Version

+- LDraw.org Discussion Forums (https://forums.ldraw.org)
+-- Forum: LDraw Programs (https://forums.ldraw.org/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Rendering Techniques (https://forums.ldraw.org/forum-20.html)
+--- Thread: Cannot render the rubber band in LPub3D, any help ?? (/thread-23197.html)

Cannot render the rubber band in LPub3D, any help ?? - El-Ashi - 2019-02-08

Hello Everybody,
I am a new user.

I am using LDCad to build my models and LPub3D to generate the building steps. Everything was working fine for me. But when I used the rubber band as sub-model in my model, I got this error while trying to render using LPub3D (Image is empty). It stuck on the rubber band step. The error screen shot is attached and the ldr file. Any help?
Thanks in Advance

RE: Cannot render the rubber band in LPub3D, any help ?? - Johann Eisner - 2019-02-08

I don't think you'll get a quicker answer if you post twice. This is just annoying and makes confusing.

JE.

RE: Cannot render the rubber band in LPub3D, any help ?? - Philippe Hurbain - 2019-02-08

(2019-02-08, 13:15)Johann Eisner Wrote: I don't think you'll get a quicker answer if you post twice. This is just annoying and makes confusing.
I think El-Ashi just realized that his first post was not placed in the right section of the forum...

RE: Cannot render the rubber band in LPub3D, any help ?? - El-Ashi - 2019-02-08

(2019-02-08, 14:10)Philippe Hurbain Wrote:
(2019-02-08, 13:15)Johann Eisner Wrote: I don't think you'll get a quicker answer if you post twice. This is just annoying and makes confusing.
I think El-Ashi just realized that his first post was not placed in the right section of the forum...

Yes, that's exactly what happened . As I am a new member and I didn't get a reply, I thought maybe I am in the wrong section of the forum. 

I did't mean to get a quicker answer by annoying the members. Angel

RE: Cannot render the rubber band in LPub3D, any help ?? - Philippe Hurbain - 2019-02-08

Problem is I don't know what could cause this behaviour... Can you share your model file?

RE: Cannot render the rubber band in LPub3D, any help ?? - Max Martin Richter - 2019-02-08

(2019-02-08, 15:06)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: Can you share your model file?

Isn't it the file included in the initial post?

RE: Cannot render the rubber band in LPub3D, any help ?? - Max Martin Richter - 2019-02-08

I removed your post in the wrong section. ;-)

(2019-02-08, 15:19)Max Martin Richter Wrote:

Oops, thought it was the image!

(2019-02-08, 15:20)Philippe Hurbain Wrote:
(2019-02-08, 15:19)Max Martin Richter Wrote: Isn't it the file included in the initial post?
Oops, thought it was the image!

Thanks Philippe for your reply ..  yes , a screenshot for the error and the model are included, just let me know if something is missing  Wink

(2019-02-08, 15:19)Max Martin Richter Wrote:

Yes it's included .. also a screenshot

Good thing: I loaded your file, created BIs with LPub3D and it worked fine.
Bad thing: dunno what happens on your machine! Could it be that the folder mentionned in the error box of your screenshot can't be written?

RE: Cannot render the rubber band in LPub3D, any help ?? - Johann Eisner - 2019-02-08

Hi
First of all sorry for my bad answer.
Second, i have also no problem to open your file.

JE.

(2019-02-08, 15:57)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: Good thing: I loaded your file, created BIs with LPub3D and it worked fine.
Bad thing: dunno what happens on your machine! Could it be that the folder mentionned in the error box of your screenshot can't be written?

Thanks Philippe for your help,

Yes .. you did it right. But for me I don't know what is the problem.

Here is what I've tried:

Changing the folder location --> same results (error)
Making different design in a different project file using the rubber band -->  same results (error)
Uninstall everything (Ldraw Lib , LDCad and LPub3D) and install the latest version again -->  same results (error)
Making any project without the rubber band --> working fine and can generate BI

Do you think that there is any addition procedure I should follow with a design that has  sub-model like the rubber band  yo generate the BI without such error?

(2019-02-08, 16:09)Johann Eisner Wrote: Hi

JE.

Thanks Johann for your help,

It's fine

Here is what I've tried:

Changing the folder location --> same results (error)
Making different design in a different project file using the rubber band -->  same results (error)
Uninstall everything (Ldraw Lib , LDCad and LPub3D) and install the latest version again -->  same results (error)

Do you think that there is any addition procedure I should follow with a design that has  sub-model like the rubber band  yo generate the BI without such error?

(2019-02-08, 16:34)El-Ashi Wrote:
(2019-02-08, 16:09)Johann Eisner Wrote: Hi

JE.

Thanks Johann for your help,

It's fine

Here is what I've tried:

Hi
I think I solve your problem.
Change in LPub3D under Configuration --> Preferences ---> Rendering  the "Preferend render" to "LDView".
When installing LPub3D, 'Native' is automatically selected there.
With "Native" I have the same problem as you.

Regards JE.

(2019-02-08, 17:12)Johann Eisner Wrote:
(2019-02-08, 16:34)El-Ashi Wrote: Thanks Johann for your help,

It's fine

Here is what I've tried:

Hi
I think I solve your problem.
Change in LPub3D under Configuration --> Preferences ---> Rendering  the "Preferend render" to "LDView".
When installing LPub3D, 'Native' is automatically selected there.
With "Native" I have the same problem as you.

Regards JE.
Yes .. It works now  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin 

Thanks a lot Johann, this solved my problem .. I really appreciate it .  Smile

Have a nice day 

Best regards

(2019-02-08, 15:57)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: Good thing: I loaded your file, created BIs with LPub3D and it worked fine.
I have a good news, Philippe .. It works now. Johann gave me a suggestion.. Thanks a lot for your efforts, really appreciated.

Have a nice day  Smile