LDraw.org Discussion Forums
Looking a tutorial to make a custom part! - Printable Version

+- LDraw.org Discussion Forums (https://forums.ldraw.org)
+-- Forum: Models and Parts (https://forums.ldraw.org/forum-18.html)
+--- Forum: Parts Authoring (https://forums.ldraw.org/forum-19.html)
+--- Thread: Looking a tutorial to make a custom part! (/thread-23013.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Looking a tutorial to make a custom part! - Travis Cobbs - 2019-10-25

(2019-10-25, 19:09)Trevor Sandy Wrote: Thank you Travis.

This flag is not automatically set in LPub3D. To do so you have 2 options.

You're welcome.

Note also that if you get a result like shown in Trevor's screenshot (where the texture is only partially visible), you may be able to improve things by increasing the "Offset" setting right underneath "Draw transparent textures last". On the command line, this is TextureOffsetFactor=<value>, where <value> is a decimal number between 1.0 and 10.0. The default value is 5.0.

RE: Looking a tutorial to make a custom part! - Travis Cobbs - 2019-10-25

(2019-10-25, 22:40)Travis Cobbs Wrote: Philo, I'm not sure what is up with your version. 4.3 was released at the end of January 2018, not the beginning of January 2017. I think you have a development version that I incorrectly labeled as 4.3. The official 4.3 version should have the "Draw transparent textures last" option in its Primitives preferences (as seen in Trevor's and Johann's screenshots).

One other thing. In case it wasn't clear, LPub3D is building LDView from source, and as such the LDView that it comes with is more recent than LDView's latest official release, which is version 4.3. There are some problems that I believe that I introduced since 4.3 that I am still trying to track down and fix before releasing version 4.4.

RE: Looking a tutorial to make a custom part! - Philippe Hurbain - 2019-10-26

(2019-10-25, 22:40)Travis Cobbs Wrote: Philo, I'm not sure what is up with your version. 4.3 was released at the end of January 2018, not the beginning of January 2017. I think you have a development version that I incorrectly labeled as 4.3. The official 4.3 version should have the "Draw transparent textures last" option in its Primitives preferences (as seen in Trevor's and Johann's screenshots).
Yes, my bad. At the time I updated another computer but apparently not this one! What fooled me is that when I wanted to check, I googled LDView... and stumbled on the old Sourceforge page with only 4.2 version! It would be a very good thing to place a note there directing to Github page (which appears in Google results too, but only in 5th or 6th place!).
Upgraded now, works perfectly!

RE: Looking a tutorial to make a custom part! - Philippe Hurbain - 2019-10-26

(2019-10-25, 19:41)Trevor Sandy Wrote: but I'm not sure LeoCAD will correctly apply the texmap.
LeoCAD was one of the first editor to support texmap, so there's good hope!

RE: Looking a tutorial to make a custom part! - Trevor Sandy - 2019-10-27

(2019-10-25, 7:03)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: Any plans to support texmap with native renderer?

Implemented.

See GitHub ticket Enable texture mapping with Native renderer #374 for details

[attachment=4131]

Cheers,