LDraw.org Discussion Forums
Question about Lego Dimensions and part mention - Printable Version

+- LDraw.org Discussion Forums (https://forums.ldraw.org)
+-- Forum: Models and Parts (https://forums.ldraw.org/forum-18.html)
+--- Forum: Part Requests (https://forums.ldraw.org/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: Question about Lego Dimensions and part mention (/thread-22551.html)

Question about Lego Dimensions and part mention - End Unsure - 2017-11-23

Hey guys, been awhile. Sorry about that, life is moving at the speed of life again.

Anyways, so Lego Dimensions seems to be introducing new interesting Lego products some of which don't even seem to have real life counter parts. Specifically I watched a Lego Gremlins video today which featured Stripe, Gizmo, Spider-Mohawk (well Stripe really), regular gremlins and Gizmo-Gremlin form. Searching for the actual figures it seems they only made Stripe and Gizmo. Some Gremlins also appeared in Lego batman but I can;t recall if they were Stripe or regular gremlins.

While it is that in part this is a gentle request for said figures, I recognize they would require the physical models to be scanned because of the details. More what I am wondering is what of these digital only models? Will the community attempt to create them or are they not considered true Legos? And for that matter, is there much intent or interest in covering the Lego Dimensions minifigures that do come out?

Thanks guys, was just curious how the community is proceeding with all this.

RE: Question about Lego Dimensions and part mention - End Unsure - 2018-04-11

Thought I'd bump this, I really am quite curious about this stuff.

RE: Question about Lego Dimensions and part mention - Gerald Lasser - 2018-04-11

(2018-04-11, 0:13)End Unsure Wrote: Thought I'd bump this, I really am quite curious about this stuff.

Good you bumped this topic, in the meantime the rawdata iscavailable:
http://www.digital-bricks.de/de/file.php?part=26052

http://www.digital-bricks.de/de/file.php?part=26056

They would need to be cleaned up but asa start they should be good

RE: Question about Lego Dimensions and part mention - End Unsure - 2018-04-25

(2018-04-11, 10:47)Gerald Lasser Wrote:
(2018-04-11, 0:13)End Unsure Wrote: Thought I'd bump this, I really am quite curious about this stuff.

Good you bumped this topic, in the meantime the rawdata iscavailable:
http://www.digital-bricks.de/de/file.php?part=26052

http://www.digital-bricks.de/de/file.php?part=26056

They would need to be cleaned up but asa start they should be good

COOL!

I downloaded and placed the the files in Ldraw/Parts and LDraw/Unofficial/Parts but after using the search function for the part numbers 26052 and 26056, as we as searching 'Gremlin', 'Stripe' and 'Gizmo' and the minifigure category I could not finds these parts in LDCad.

Any ideas?

Thank you for making these parts.

RE: Question about Lego Dimensions and part mention - Gerald Lasser - 2018-04-25

There are no keywords in those files yet. They are simply transferred/converted from the LDD format.

The only hint is the LEGO name itself which is "MINI HEAD, NO. 2001 (Needs Work)" and "MINI HEAD, NO. 2006 (Needs Work)"

We did not work on them so far, i.e. clean-up and adding a proper header to find them.

RE: Question about Lego Dimensions and part mention - End Unsure - 2018-04-29

(2018-04-25, 7:35)Gerald Lasser Wrote: There are no keywords in those files yet. They are simply transferred/converted from the LDD format.

The only hint is the LEGO name itself which is "MINI HEAD, NO. 2001 (Needs Work)" and "MINI HEAD, NO. 2006 (Needs Work)"

We did not work on them so far, i.e. clean-up and adding a proper header to find them.

Ah, I see. Makes sense, I'll try again.

RE: Question about Lego Dimensions and part mention - End Unsure - 2019-10-04

An old thread I know but it seems appropriate to put this here.

Is anyone willing to put the decals/colors on the two parts listed above. I'm not 100% on the part numbers but I think the ones given above are accurate. They're the Gizmo and Stripe Mini figure heads of course.

I see that Digital Bricks is down, I downloaded those parts a few years back so if you need the base models just let me know here.

I apologize if my response is slow, I've got a lot going on right now.

RE: Question about Lego Dimensions and part mention - Gerald Lasser - 2019-10-05

(2019-10-04, 23:02)End Unsure Wrote: An old thread I know but it seems appropriate to put this here.

Is anyone willing to put the decals/colors on the two parts listed above. I'm not 100% on the part numbers but I think the ones given above are accurate. They're the Gizmo and Stripe Mini figure heads of course.

I see that Digital Bricks is down, I downloaded those parts a few years back so if you need the base models just let me know here.

I apologize if my response is slow, I've got a lot going on right now.

I got the two head, I will put the colors on and make them ready for the PT

EDIT: status for now:

.png   Gremlins2.PNG (Size: 38.62 KB / Downloads: 99)

RE: Question about Lego Dimensions and part mention - End Unsure - 2019-10-06

(2019-10-05, 8:58)Gerald Lasser Wrote: I got the two head, I will put the colors on and make them ready for the PT

EDIT: status for now:

Man, thank you so much. Those look really great.

Finding a suitable partnumber... - Gerald Lasser - 2019-10-07

Now again, finding a part-number for them, I need some advice

The "Nice" Gremlin is known at:
- Rebrickable and Brickset: 28408
- Bricklink: 27455pb01
- LDD Export: 26056

This is a dual injection part, the light flesh parts have the number 27445 embossed, no other number visible

Which one to pick?

Should light flesh parts and subparts be numbered with a 27455 prefix?

The "Bad Gremlin" is a single injection part, but is also known under different numbers at:
- Rebrickable and Brickset: 28382 (in addition pr0001 at RB)
- Bricklink: 28382pb01
- LDD Export: 26052

So, here we have a larger consensus, except the LDD reference...

I think we need to put this in the FAQs...

RE: Finding a suitable partnumber... - Philippe Hurbain - 2019-10-07

Quote:So, here we have a larger consensus, except the LDD reference...
Is there an embossed number? Should hopefully be 26052...

RE: Finding a suitable partnumber... - Gerald Lasser - 2019-10-07

(2019-10-07, 11:09)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: Is there an embossed number? Should hopefully be 26052...

Nada...there is none unfortunately. Sad

RE: Finding a suitable partnumber... - Philippe Hurbain - 2019-10-07

(2019-10-07, 12:35)Gerald Lasser Wrote: Nada...there is none unfortunately. Sad
Anyway I'd go with LDD part number + p0x. LDD # is likely to be the shape part #, Brickset one is patterned shape #.

RE: Finding a suitable partnumber... - Magnus Forsberg - 2019-10-07

(2019-10-07, 14:08)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: Anyway I'd go with LDD part number + p0x. LDD # is likely to be the shape part #, Brickset one is patterned shape #.

Me too. Thats how the minifig legs "with boots" are numbered.
I think we have the visible number as a Keyword in those. A search for the visible number should result in finding these parts.

btw,
The minifig leg "with boots" needs a better descripton. Any ideas?

RE: Question about Lego Dimensions and part mention - End Unsure - 2019-10-09

Well I'm just gonna chuck in that all of this discussion on part numbers has well exceeded my limited knowledge on the subject but reading it was both informative and your conclusions sound like a good call.

RE: Question about Lego Dimensions and part mention - Gerald Lasser - 2019-10-09

(2019-10-09, 3:17)End Unsure Wrote: Well I'm just gonna chuck in that all of this discussion on part numbers has well exceeded my limited knowledge on the subject but reading it was both informative and your conclusions sound like a good call.

second one is in the works...

RE: Question about Lego Dimensions and part mention - End Unsure - 2019-10-09

(2019-10-09, 7:53)Gerald Lasser Wrote: second one is in the works...
Very cool, Looking forward to that thank you very much.