LDraw.org Discussion Forums
LDCad 1.6a (win+linux) - Printable Version

+- LDraw.org Discussion Forums (https://forums.ldraw.org)
+-- Forum: LDraw Programs (https://forums.ldraw.org/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers (https://forums.ldraw.org/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: LDCad 1.6a (win+linux) (/thread-22388.html)

LDCad 1.6a (win+linux) - Roland Melkert - 2017-10-01

Ok, I've hadn't any bug reports for awhile so I'm releasing the 1.6a version.

It's mainly a maintenance version but as there won't be a 1.7 version it also includes a couple of minor new features, namely:

- Direct color selection by number. This is done by typing the number followed by enter while the mouse is over a color name inside any color bin. Or click that text to open a input dialog for typing the number/hex code.
- Transparent color indication inside the color bin history bar.

It also includes a couple of new templates and a handful of snapping corrections etc.

Linux note: It might be needed to delete the whole partBin location before starting the program to really fix some of the template group problems resulting from the (now fixed) dos folder seps inside dirList bin groups bug.

[attachment=2913]

Hope it's worth the upgrade Smile
http://www.melkert.net/LDCad/download

RE: LDCad 1.6a (win+linux) - Milan Vančura - 2017-10-02

(2017-10-01, 19:45)Roland Melkert Wrote: - Direct color selection by number.

Thanks, Roland. This is an interesting feature. I remember someone suggested searching by a color name, that would be even better. More for humans, you know Smile

BTW, this touches the problem I just had this week. It was, again, so difficult to find some colors among all those dithered ones that I decided to create my own filter for partBin. Thanks a lot for both making LDCad so configurable and for your technical documentation. Life is so easy and nice now! :Big Grin Three wheels instead of 10 for solid colors and all those strange colors gone!

It works so well for me that I'm probably too lazy to learn color numbers Smile

RE: LDCad 1.6a (win+linux) - David Manley - 2017-10-02

(2017-10-01, 19:45)Roland Melkert Wrote: Ok, I've hadn't any bug reports for awhile so I'm releasing the 1.6a version.

Hi Roland,

I just installed 1.6a (Windows 7, 32 bit) and when I opened LDCAD it displayed a dialog window titled "Scripting console" in which it displayed the following:

Quote:[string "samples.lua"]:244: "C:\Users\djm\AppData\Roaming\LDCad\scripts\default\global\samples.lua" execution exceeded the maximum duration of 250ms.

Script main run failed.

which is something which I suspect should not have occurred.

Regards,

David

RE: LDCad 1.6a (win+linux) - Philippe Hurbain - 2017-10-02

Quote:BTW, this touches the problem I just had this week. It was, again, so difficult to find some colors among all those dithered ones that I decided to create my own filter for partBin.
There is a switch to disable dithered colors without messing with color bins:
Prefs->ldraw->calculate missing dithered
Prefs->ldraw->calculate missing transparent
Indeed, disabling them is mostly helpful!!!

RE: LDCad 1.6a (win+linux) - Milan Vančura - 2017-10-02

(2017-10-02, 8:38)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: There is a switch to disable dithered colors without messing with color bins:
It's funny (after all that time with partBin definitions someone comes with a two-click solution and Murphy laughs) but very helpful. I do not need to transfer my partBin files to new LDCad versions, just click twice. Thanks, Philippe!

RE: LDCad 1.6a (win+linux) - Philippe Hurbain - 2017-10-02

(2017-10-02, 9:07)Milan Vančura Wrote:
(2017-10-02, 8:38)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: There is a switch to disable dithered colors without messing with color bins:
It's funny (after all that time with partBin definitions someone comes with a two-click solution and Murphy laughs) but very helpful. I do not need to transfer my partBin files to new LDCad versions, just click twice. Thanks, Philippe!
You're welcome Wink
I personnaly think that dithered colors should default to disable...

RE: LDCad 1.6a (win+linux) - Roland Melkert - 2017-10-02

(2017-10-02, 8:05)David Manley Wrote: I just installed 1.6a (Windows 7, 32 bit) and when I opened LDCAD it displayed a dialog window titled "Scripting console" in which it displayed the following:

Probably one of two things:

1: The script really takes too long to run, meaning your system is extremely slow (background work running?) as that script shouldn't take more then 1ms even on old systems.

2: The timing functions LDCad use are unreliable on your system, this should be visible by also having very low frame rate numbers in the lower left corner while the graphics are clearly not that slow.

Both issues can be fixed by deleting the scripts in "C:\Users\djm\AppData\Roaming\LDCad\scripts\default\global", none of those are essential for LDCad's basics. Or just ignore the message at startup.

RE: LDCad 1.6a (win+linux) - Roland Melkert - 2017-10-02

(2017-10-02, 9:39)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: I personnaly think that dithered colors should default to disable...

You can also filter them out using the <filter> sections in a kind=filter cbg.

I initially enabled them because they seems widely used at the time.

Also when disabled models using them would still force them into the bin when needed (not kept when restarting). You can prevent that by using the filter.

Side-note: they aren't even really dithered but blended Big Grin