LDraw.org Discussion Forums
[LDPatternCreator] Release 1.6.5 - Printable Version

+- LDraw.org Discussion Forums (https://forums.ldraw.org)
+-- Forum: LDraw Programs (https://forums.ldraw.org/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Parts Author Tools (https://forums.ldraw.org/forum-24.html)
+--- Thread: [LDPatternCreator] Release 1.6.5 (/thread-22210.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: A.I. Assistant for Pattern Design? - Rolf Osterthun - 2017-07-09

(2017-06-28, 18:28)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: Rolf Osterthun also had an interesting bitmap to ldraw converter that was kind of usable, but he evaluated that the tool was not good enough for general release.
Hey,

yes, but sadly it is almost in the same state...

The idea was that you can choose the colores with a right mouse click - then a color quantisation will be done.
You can improve the result a little bit by drawing pixels or recolor areas.
Then an edgedetection algorithm (derived from potrace; but for multicolor) will search for the edges.
Again a little bit of postproduction can (must) be done (put points on circle, put points on line, delete points, etc).
At the end the edges will be send to the tool triangle - the output of triangle will be converted into an ldraw compatible file again.

Depending on the source images the results can be very differently... From my point of view the biggest challanges are color gradients.

Rolf

Oval Bug? - Nils Schmidt - 2017-07-09

(2017-07-07, 20:41)Willy Tschager Wrote: Bug of the day:

* Add an Oval. While it is still selected scale it and you will see that the vertex on the very left stays still deforming the two aatached triangles of the oval. To avoid this you have to deselect your newly created oval and relect it again, but ...
* ... when you group this triangles into a primitive and delete it afterwards the vertex on the very left will remain and cannot be selected or deleted.

w.
  • What type of an oval did you add (solid, hollow, ...)?
  • How many segments had it?

New Export Progress Bar - Nils Schmidt - 2017-07-09

Today, I implemented a new progress bar for the file export.

RE: Oval Bug? - Willy Tschager - 2017-07-09

(2017-07-09, 18:37)Nils Schmidt Wrote:
(2017-07-07, 20:41)Willy Tschager Wrote: Bug of the day:

* Add an Oval. While it is still selected scale it and you will see that the vertex on the very left stays still deforming the two aatached triangles of the oval. To avoid this you have to deselect your newly created oval and relect it again, but ...
* ... when you group this triangles into a primitive and delete it afterwards the vertex on the very left will remain and cannot be selected or deleted.

w.
  • What type of an oval did you add (solid, hollow, ...)?
  • How many segments had it?
Solid, 20 segments. Used on:

http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/3626bpw8.dat

w.

RE: Oval Bug? (fixed) - Nils Schmidt - 2017-07-10

Thank you for this bug report! I fixed this bug today.

Tip: How to scale/translate just in one direction (x or y) - Nils Schmidt - 2017-07-10

Willy Tschager Wrote:As a user I'd like to scale just in one direction (x or y) - not sure if this was on the wishlist of someone else.

This is already possible since a few years...
You can lock the X or Y axis with Shiftor Ctrl while translating/scaling a selection.

RE: [LDPatternCreator] Release 1.6.5 - Willy Tschager - 2017-09-26

Bug of the day:

* Import a .dat as subfile
* Select the primitive and color it
* When un-grouping the primitive all triangles are recolored to color 16 substituting the color you set for the primitive.

w.

RE: [LDPatternCreator] Release 1.6.5 - Gerald Lasser - 2017-09-27

(2017-09-26, 11:44)Willy Tschager Wrote: * When un-grouping the primitive all triangles are recolored to color 16 substituting the color you set for the primitive.

w.

Willy, how do you ungroup a primitive in LD Pattern Creator? I looked through all the menus but could not find anything...

RE: [LDPatternCreator] Release 1.6.5 - Willy Tschager - 2017-09-27

(2017-09-27, 8:46)Gerald Lasser Wrote: Willy, how do you ungroup a primitive in LD Pattern Creator? I looked through all the menus but could not find anything...

.jpg   Ungroup.jpg (Size: 32.54 KB / Downloads: 146)

w.

RE: [LDPatternCreator] Release 1.6.5 - Philippe Hurbain - 2017-09-27

Was not aware that this worked with primitives too! I thought it worked only with groups made in LDPC...