LDraw.org Discussion Forums
LDCad 1.6 (win+linux) - Printable Version

+- LDraw.org Discussion Forums (https://forums.ldraw.org)
+-- Forum: LDraw Programs (https://forums.ldraw.org/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers (https://forums.ldraw.org/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: LDCad 1.6 (win+linux) (/thread-22200.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: LDCad 1.6 (win+linux) - Merlijn Wissink - 2017-09-01

Probably not that useful since you're working a major new version, but I still wanted to let you know that LDcad still sometimes crashes on my machine when I switch between 2D en 3D view. It's by far not as often as with one of the earlier alpha versions; it happened to me 3 times in a ~month now or something like that.

Also the logs don't show anything suspicious at all. It just crashes and that's it. I sadly don't have any more information that that.

Just FYI  Wink

RE: LDCad 1.6 (win+linux) - Merlijn Wissink - 2017-09-02

A question: is there an easy way to (automatically or semi-manual) convert all LQ pneumatic tubes to HQ pneumatic tubes?

RE: LDCad 1.6 (win+linux) - Roland Melkert - 2017-09-02

(2017-09-02, 11:23)Merlijn Wissink Wrote: A question: is there an easy way to (automatically or semi-manual) convert all LQ pneumatic tubes to HQ pneumatic tubes?

The only quick way is to do a search and replace in a decent text editor.

You'll have to replace the "0 !LDCAD PATH_SKIN" lines with the ones from the LQ version.

Don't forget to press ctrl+shift+f5 (while inside the editing area) after loading the changed model to force LDCad to regenerate the fallback code for all submodels

Or remove all the "0 !LDCAD GENERATED" blocks to let it regenerate automatically upon next save.

RE: LDCad 1.6 (win+linux) - Merlijn Wissink - 2017-09-02

(2017-09-02, 19:01)Roland Melkert Wrote: [...]
Don't forget to press ctrl+shift+f5 (while inside the editing area) after loading the changed model to force LDCad to regenerate the fallback code for all submodels
[...]

Ah, I see. I already expected I had to (semi) manually edit the file, but I wasn't sure what LDCad would do since it actually saves the generated parts in the file. I didn't know there was a shortcut to regenerate the parts. That's cool! I'll probably need to do it within the next ~2 weeks, so I'll see then how it goes. Thanks!  Smile

RE: LDCad 1.6 (win+linux) - Kevin - 2017-09-06

I'm running into a problem in LDCad that I'm hoping someone can help me with.  Custom parts that I define are not picking up the LDraw primitives like 4-4ring and 4-4disc or my own primitives coded within the same file.  For example, here is a custom tile as it appears in MLCad:

Here is the exact same file as displayed in LDCad:

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Kevin

RE: LDCad 1.6 (win+linux) - Roland Melkert - 2017-09-06

(2017-09-06, 13:01)Kevin Wrote: Any ideas?

Ether it can't load the primitives or they are using wrong winding.

The top of your dat states it uses Counter Clock Winding (CCW) so any polygon or primitive using Clock wise winding will be invisible when viewed from the outside.

MLCad's software rendering doesn't apply the culling so for that program winding doesn't matter. Modern hardware expects winding info though.

Alternative is to remove the CERTIFIED CCW line from the file, LDCad will do dual sided rendering (slower) for files without known winding.

RE: LDCad 1.6 (win+linux) - Philippe Hurbain - 2017-09-06

According to the MLCad screenshot, part seems done as a mpd file. Are mpd supported for parts?

RE: LDCad 1.6 (win+linux) - Roland Melkert - 2017-09-06

(2017-09-06, 17:57)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: According to the MLCad screenshot, part seems done as a mpd file. Are mpd supported for parts?

Yes, it doesn't care about mpd/ldr/dat during loading. It only cares about something being a part or not at rendering time (to decide to flatten the data of not).

RE: LDCad 1.6 (win+linux) - Kevin - 2017-09-06

(2017-09-06, 17:57)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: According to the MLCad screenshot, part seems done as a mpd file. Are mpd supported for parts?

It's an mpd file because it contains the full model I'm building.  The custom tile within the mpd is a .ldr file, and the digits are .dat file.

RE: LDCad 1.6 (win+linux) - Kevin - 2017-09-07

(2017-09-06, 16:21)Roland Melkert Wrote:
(2017-09-06, 13:01)Kevin Wrote: Any ideas?

Ether it can't load the primitives or they are using wrong winding.

The top of your dat states it uses Counter Clock Winding (CCW) so any polygon or primitive using Clock wise winding will be invisible when viewed from the outside.

MLCad's software rendering doesn't apply the culling so for that program winding doesn't matter. Modern hardware expects winding info though.

Alternative is to remove the CERTIFIED CCW line from the file, LDCad will do dual sided rendering (slower) for files without known winding.

The CCW was the problem.  I commented that out of each tile and got everything back.  I then went back and fixed the primitives and restored the CCW and everything was still there.  My guess is that I selected the wrong orientation when I exported the design from LDPatternCreator.

Thanks for the help!

Kevin