LDraw.org Discussion Forums
LDCad 1.6 Alpha 3 (win+linux) - Printable Version

+- LDraw.org Discussion Forums (https://forums.ldraw.org)
+-- Forum: LDraw Programs (https://forums.ldraw.org/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers (https://forums.ldraw.org/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: LDCad 1.6 Alpha 3 (win+linux) (/thread-21643.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: LDCad 1.6 Alpha 3 (win+linux) - Niklas Buchmann - 2016-07-13

(2016-07-13, 18:35)Roland Melkert Wrote:
(2016-07-13, 18:21)Niklas Buchmann Wrote: 2) The 1.6 version seems to have different options under 'editing movement pin' than before and I think it changed for the worse. You still have placement and rotation mapped to the current editing plane (I like to use CTRL+arrow keys to rotate parts, so that's good for me), but moving the selection center (I like to use SHIFT+arrow keys for this) is now mapped to the absolute XYZ coordinates. I think this is very counter-intuitive because you now have to deal with two different coordinate systems at the same time.
What I would like is to have the selection center movement mapped to the editing plane as well (the way it was in 1.5, I think) and possibly a global option of mapping all movements and rotations to the absolute XYZ coordinates.
Everything should behave as in 1.5 per default, I'll recheck the default mappings thanks for reporting Niklas.

I just noticed that you introduced remappable hotkeys in 1.6, so this likely was a change between the 1.6 Alpha 1 and 2 and not before.

Thanks for looking into it!

RE: LDCad 1.6 Alpha 3 (win+linux) - Roland Melkert - 2016-07-13

[quote pid='22464' dateline='1468435284']
I just noticed that you introduced remappable hotkeys in 1.6, so this likely was a change between the 1.6 Alpha 1 and 2 and not before.

[/quote]

I can't replicate this are you using Alpha 3b in a new folder (so default options?) if not please reset the hotkey bindings to the default (right click on the toolbar -> hotkey config -> reset all) and see if it still feels wrong after that.

RE: LDCad 1.6 Alpha 3 (win+linux) - Niklas Buchmann - 2016-07-13

(2016-07-13, 22:18)Roland Melkert Wrote:
(2016-07-13, 18:41)Niklas Buchmann Wrote: I just noticed that you introduced remappable hotkeys in 1.6, so this likely was a change between the 1.6 Alpha 1 and 2 and not before.

I can't replicate this are you using Alpha 3b in a new folder (so default options?) if not please reset the hotkey bindings to the default (right click on the toolbar -> hotkey config -> reset all) and see if it still feels wrong after that.

You're right, I had mixed up the left and right keys when I assigned them... Rolleyes

What confused me about this were the different names in the dialog window but when they are assigned correctly they work just fine.

RE: LDCad 1.6 Alpha 3 (win+linux) - Roland Melkert - 2016-08-02

I'm closing in on a Alpha 4 version,

So if anyone has some pending issues / bug reports please post them now so I might be able to address them before releasing Alpha 4 which will most likely be the last Alpha.

RE: LDCad 1.6 Alpha 3 (win+linux) - Philippe Hurbain - 2016-08-03

(2016-08-02, 19:31)Roland Melkert Wrote: I'm closing in on a Alpha 4 version,

So if anyone has some pending issues / bug reports please post them now so I might be able to address them before releasing Alpha 4 which will most likely be the last Alpha.
Not really an issue, but... I would have expected "detach this subfile" to export the subfile as a mpd containing all submodels used by the subfile.

Otherwise, I can't find a way to know the step where a new part was added except from rewinding steps one by one (or by dichotomy for long sequences!). Is there a better way to do so?

(2016-08-02, 19:31)Roland Melkert Wrote: I'm closing in on a Alpha 4 version,

Just found something: front left wheel arch looks weird with alpha3b, when displaying the OMR compliant file with included unofficial parts. The non-OMR backup file does look good. Both files look OK with 1.5 or 1.6 alpha2a.

RE: LDCad 1.6 Alpha 3 (win+linux) - Roland Melkert - 2016-08-03

(2016-08-03, 9:27)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: Not really an issue, but... I would have expected "detach this subfile" to export the subfile as a mpd containing all submodels used by the subfile.
I could add that as an option, in Alpha 4 you could also use the new file cleanup option to prepare a contained (omr) mpd afterwards.

(2016-08-03, 9:27)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: Otherwise, I can't find a way to know the step where a new part was added except from rewinding steps one by one (or by dichotomy for long sequences!). Is there a better way to do so?
I think you mean the 'selected' option in the step menu. It will make the step of the main item of the selection the current step.

RE: LDCad 1.6 Alpha 3 (win+linux) - Roland Melkert - 2016-08-03

(2016-08-03, 10:04)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: Just found something: front left wheel arch looks weird with alpha3b, when displaying the OMR compliant file with included unofficial parts. The non-OMR backup file does look good. Both files look OK with 1.5 or 1.6 alpha2a.

Both load ok in the current Alpha 4, so this was probably caused by the filetype meta bug I fixed a while back.

Quote:I could add that as an option, in Alpha 4 you could also use the new file cleanup option to prepare a contained (omr) mpd afterwards.
Looking for that!

Quote:I think you mean the 'selected' option in the step menu. It will make the step of the main item of the selection the current step.
Mmhhh... sorry, I have the strong feeling I already asked this...

(2016-08-03, 16:59)Roland Melkert Wrote:
(2016-08-03, 10:04)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: Just found something: front left wheel arch looks weird with alpha3b, when displaying the OMR compliant file with included unofficial parts. The non-OMR backup file does look good. Both files look OK with 1.5 or 1.6 alpha2a.

Both load ok in the current Alpha 4, so this was probably caused by the filetype meta bug I fixed a while back.
Good! Just noticed that there is a problem in the tire too...