LDraw.org Discussion Forums
[LDPartEditor] 0.8.15 Beta Released - Printable Version

+- LDraw.org Discussion Forums (https://forums.ldraw.org)
+-- Forum: LDraw Programs (https://forums.ldraw.org/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Parts Author Tools (https://forums.ldraw.org/forum-24.html)
+--- Thread: [LDPartEditor] 0.8.15 Beta Released (/thread-21526.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: [LDPartEditor] 0.8.15 Beta Released (randomise colours / bug fix) - Willy Tschager - 2016-06-01

(2016-05-27, 7:12)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: Question of the day: is it really necessary to open a blank "new.dat" file at LDPC startup? 99.99% of the time the first thing I do is to close it and I have to tell that no, I don't want to save it! At least, it shouldn't be tagged as modified unless really modified...

+1

RE: [LDPartEditor] 0.8.15 Beta Released (randomise colours / bug fix) - Philippe Hurbain - 2016-06-01

For the record, the disappearing surfaces/lines problem I mentionned here http://forums.ldraw.org/thread-21509-post-21828.html#pid21828 is also present in this version. Fortunately I found a turn around: when I check my part with LDView and notice missing elements, I go back to LDPC (I have learned not to close file before checking), press undo / redo, save again and everything is OK.

RE: [LDPartEditor] 0.8.15 Beta Released (randomise colours / bug fix) - Willy Tschager - 2016-06-05

In the last days I have fixed a couple of hold voted parts. In the past this would have been a painful process, but with LDPE it could be done in the wink of an eye! It is simple a GOD-DAMN good prog! Thank you Nils for your efforts.

w.

RE: [LDPartEditor] 0.8.15 Beta Released (randomise colours / bug fix) - Philippe Hurbain - 2016-06-06

(2016-06-05, 22:02)Willy Tschager Wrote: Thank you Nils for your efforts.
+1!

RE: [LDPartEditor] 0.8.15 Beta Released (randomise colours / bug fix) - Willy Tschager - 2016-06-08

Feature request of the day:

* I'd like to have the coordinates cross in the bottom right-hand corner of the 3D view flagged with x, y, z.
* When copying/cutting a primitive that has a BFC INVERTNEXT attached the prog should automatically select and copy/cut/past the BFC as well (Text as well as 3D).
* The behavior of automatically selecting as well the neighboring line when clicking in the line numbers bar is really annoying. Please fix it as fast as possible!
* I'd like to have an extra pane that shows which line/triangles/quads/... are hidden via ghost or that they get commented out in the text editor say with a special !HIDDEN meta.
* I'd like to have LDPC's small vertex window in the bottom right corner showing you the x, y, z values of the selected vertex.
w.

RE: [LDPartEditor] 0.8.15 Beta Released (randomise colours / bug fix) - Willy Tschager - 2016-06-11

Bug:

* T_Junctionfinder eliminates lines at random (used Normal mode)

Get a try with this part:

http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/6644a.dat

and check these lines:

2 4 -5 5 -28 -4 5 -19
2 4 -2 5 -30.5 -2 5 -28
2 4 2 5 -30.5 2 5 -28

w.

RE: [LDPartEditor] 0.8.15 Beta Released (randomise colours / bug fix) - Philippe Hurbain - 2016-06-11

I noticed something similar (disappearing edge lines) when using the vertex merge to nearest edge function.

RE: [LDPartEditor] 0.8.15 Beta Released (randomise colours / bug fix) - Philippe Hurbain - 2016-06-13

Wish of the day: selecting a modification tool (select/move/rotate etc...) should automatically deselect a construction tool (create quad/line/triangle...). Toooo many times I wonder why I can't select or move something because actually I am building a quad!

And the question of the day: when I create new elements from scratch (say lines) how do I manage to put them in the plane I want?

RE: [LDPartEditor] 0.8.15 Beta Released (randomise colours / bug fix) - Philippe Hurbain - 2016-06-20

Bug of the day: BFC INVERTNEXT doesn't work as intended. Scope of the statement should extend only to the next source line. A BFC INVERTNEXT before anything else than a type 1 line should be flagged as an error and be ignored. A BFC INVERTNEXT placed before a flat primitive should trigger a warning with quick fix (mirroring of the flat primitive in flat direction and suppression of BFC INVERTNEXT)
Related: deep inlining of primitives sometimes result in a BFC INVERTNEXT followed by triangle/quads/lines with INVERTNEXT visually acting on all of them. This shouldn't work this way: if inlined primitive needs to be inverted, no BFC INVERTNEXT should be added and all triangle/quads should have their winding swapped.
(Edit) Also related: if you hide an inverted primitive, its BFC INVERTNEXT statement should be ignored instead of beeing carried over next elements.

RE: [LDPartEditor] 0.8.15 Beta Released (randomise colours / bug fix) - Philippe Hurbain - 2016-06-22

Nuisance of the day: while you can select a surface by clicking on it even if only a small portion is visible, you can only select lines/condlines if BOTH end vertices are visible.