LDraw.org Discussion Forums
[LDPartEditor] 0.8.15 Beta Released - Printable Version

+- LDraw.org Discussion Forums (https://forums.ldraw.org)
+-- Forum: LDraw Programs (https://forums.ldraw.org/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Parts Author Tools (https://forums.ldraw.org/forum-24.html)
+--- Thread: [LDPartEditor] 0.8.15 Beta Released (/thread-21526.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: [LDPartEditor] 0.8.15 Beta Released (randomise colours / bug fix) - Philippe Hurbain - 2016-05-26

Vertex merge with ctrl-W / ctrl-E is an awesome tool to reduce a mesh in a controlled way. So...
Wish of the day: when selecting several vertices with a marquee, it would be nice if the last vertex enclosed in the marquee became last vertex in selection so that ctrl+E merges all vertices onto this last vertex. That would be a great time saver!

Otherwise, never used so far the merge to nearest edge/face functions. Now I did, and I can say it's an awesome tool to coerce a random mesh to fit a primitive (eg. LDD wig mesh onto a LDraw head)

RE: [LDPartEditor] 0.8.15 Beta Released (randomise colours / bug fix) - Willy Tschager - 2016-05-27

(2016-05-23, 18:45)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: Bug: when you mirror a selection

How is this done?

w.

RE: [LDPartEditor] 0.8.15 Beta Released (randomise colours / bug fix) - Willy Tschager - 2016-05-27

Feature request of the day:

Since it is now possible to select in the line numbers I'd like that a double click shows the selection also in the 3D editor.

Bug:

Selecting in the line numbers and hitting "Selection in 3D view" most often in the 3D also the neighbour triangle/quad is selected.

w.

RE: [LDPartEditor] 0.8.15 Beta Released (randomise colours / bug fix) - Philippe Hurbain - 2016-05-27

(2016-05-27, 6:22)Willy Tschager Wrote:

How is this done?

w.

Merge/split -> scale selection -> -1 coefficient.

RE: [LDPartEditor] 0.8.15 Beta Released (randomise colours / bug fix) - Philippe Hurbain - 2016-05-27

Quote:Since it is now possible to select in the line numbers I'd like that a double click shows the selection also in the 3D editor.
It would be great if line selection was more consistent with other Windows selections. Currently shift + line number click simply select that line number only, and ctrl+click on two separated lines selects all the lines in-between. It would be better if ctrl+click on different lines selected all of those lines only (even if separated) and shift+click allowed for a range of lines selection.

Quote:Selecting in the line numbers and hitting "Selection in 3D view" most often in the 3D also the neighbour triangle/quad is selected.
Seems to be related to the fact that clicking on line number also selects line separator.

Question of the day: is it really necessary to open a blank "new.dat" file at LDPC startup? 99.99% of the time the first thing I do is to close it and I have to tell that no, I don't want to save it! At least, it shouldn't be tagged as modified unless really modified...

RE: [LDPartEditor] 0.8.15 Beta Released (randomise colours / bug fix) - Philippe Hurbain - 2016-05-28

Bug report: Quick fixing of scaled 48\primitives messes up the primitive name. 48\prim.dat is converted to 48prim.dat

RE: [LDPartEditor] 0.8.15 Beta Released (randomise colours / bug fix) - Willy Tschager - 2016-05-30

(2016-05-27, 6:54)Philippe Hurbain Wrote:
(2016-05-27, 6:22)Willy Tschager Wrote:

How is this done?

w.

Merge/split -> scale selection -> -1 coefficient.

THX,

w.

PS. Would prefer LDPC's icon instead ;-)

RE: [LDPartEditor] 0.8.15 Beta Released (randomise colours / bug fix) - Willy Tschager - 2016-05-30

Bug:

the black 3s and 4s were Selected with ...Connected... and ...with Same Color:

performing a Cut also some lines with color 16 got cut out:

and in addition the cut could not be undone.

w.

RE: [LDPartEditor] 0.8.15 Beta Released (randomise colours / bug fix) - Willy Tschager - 2016-06-01

Feature request of the day:

* I would love if the real and user name could be copied from the options to the header dialog
* I find the dialog far from ideal: first I do not understand why it appends to the file focused in the 3D editor though a header is clearly a text thing, second it gets appended to the bottom even though I have place the cursor at the top - and here comes into play that it focuses on the 3D
* Once again I also would love if the file gets closed in both, text and 3D editor when I close them in one or the other editor

w.