LDraw.org Discussion Forums
LDCad 1.6 suggestions/plans - Printable Version

+- LDraw.org Discussion Forums (https://forums.ldraw.org)
+-- Forum: LDraw Programs (https://forums.ldraw.org/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers (https://forums.ldraw.org/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: LDCad 1.6 suggestions/plans (/thread-18426.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Re: LDCad 1.6 suggestions/plans - Roland Melkert - 2016-01-13

Milan Vančura Wrote:edges are not transparent so one gets something like a wired model - emphasized groups still are not visible well
So what is needed is a 'real' ghosting feature, so instead of hiding parts they will remain somewhat visible. Should be fairly easy playing around with the alpha channel during rendering. I'll do some testing/trials with 1.6.

Milan Vančura Wrote:to set alpha channel of bricks walls one needs to modify ldconfig.ldr and restart LDCad (twice)l
You could try assigning them an encoded transparent color number during scripting, but I've never tested that myself. Only downside is the encoded transparency currently uses a hard coded alpha value of 0.75. Alternative would be to hide all the background stuff / render it separately and combine the two images using gimp or something.

Milan Vančura Wrote:scripting API does not contain any call to make a selection so I had to make a group containing all the model
Alternative would be to loop trough all reference lines setting the color for them one by one in script before assigning the color to the groups.
Code:
local sf=ldc.subfile()
  for i=1,sf:getRefCount() do
    sf:getRef(i):setColor(0x03FFFFFF)
  end

Milan Vančura Wrote:one needs scripting - this becomes even more complicated when/if we needed a real animation as welll
But that's where the fun lives Smile

Re: LDCad 1.6 suggestions/plans - Roland Melkert - 2016-01-13

David Manley Wrote:The ROTSTEP command in LPUB is helpful when writing building instructions, with LPUB having a default camera view angle for the instructions.
The ROTSTEP meta was pointed out to me awhile ago. I will add support for it so it will at least act like a normal step separation. And it will be possible to make any STEP into a ROTSTEP one and visa versa. I could also apply the angles during the view mode or an editing option.

David Manley Wrote:P.S. Congratulations on the receiving the James Jessiman Memorial Award for 2015.
Thanks.

Re: LDCad 1.6 suggestions/plans - Philippe Hurbain - 2016-01-15

One thing I still miss from time to time: possibility to remove a part from a group. I admit it's not obvious GUI-wise since when you click on a part to select group this part has no special highlighting (or role)...

Re: LDCad 1.6 suggestions/plans - Milan Vančura - 2016-01-15

I second this. It would be even better if there was something like a nested mode for groups - so we can even move parts.

Re: LDCad 1.6 suggestions/plans - Roland Melkert - 2016-01-15

Quote:One thing I still miss from time to time: possibility to remove a part from a group. I admit it's not obvious GUI-wise since when you click on a part to select group this part has no special highlighting (or role)...
I have been thinking about using the source window to display the contents of a group. You would also be able to edit move things around in such a setup. Not sure if it will be in 1.6 though as I want to prevent the long dev cycle 1.5 had Smile

Quote:It would be even better if there was something like a nested mode for groups - so we can even move parts.
This becomes possible when I add the planned layered groups feature. Which means you can also (temporary) disable all grouping (layer level 0).

Using this feature you can have multiple group configurations in the same file. That way groups needed for a certain animation won't hamper normal editing and or other animations using the same model etc.

Re: LDCad 1.6 suggestions/plans - Milan Vančura - 2016-01-15

Roland Melkert Wrote:This becomes possible when I add the planned layered groups feature. Which means you can also (temporary) disable all grouping (layer level 0).

Using this feature you can have multiple group configurations in the same file. That way groups needed for a certain animation won't hamper normal editing and or other animations using the same model etc.
This sounds great - really useful feature for daily editing, even more generic than I imagined. I look forward for 1.6 more and more Smile

Re: LDCad 1.6 suggestions/plans - Michael Horvath - 2016-01-16

That's cool! It's nice for a part to be a member of multiple groups. Makes some things easier.

Re: LDCad 1.6 suggestions/plans - Jetro de Château - 2016-01-17

I just finished my first model built entirely on LDCad (it was a great experience!)... with the single exception of adding a buffer exchange in MLCad.

Looking forward to your implementation of the technique.

Re: LDCad 1.6 suggestions/plans - Philippe Hurbain - 2016-01-19

Quote:"nice to have":
POVRay animation export.
Blender animation export.
Full screen mode during animations? (we need no bins/source windows etc while in this mode)

Re: LDCad 1.6 suggestions/plans - Merlijn Wissink - 2016-01-20

Maybe this is something you could get in the final 1.5 release; it would be nice the the part-snapping supports the ('new') ball-joints with parts like 14704, 14417, 14418, 14419 and probably a few more. I'm building Mixels sets now and it starts to get quite annoying to almost guess how the balls connect in the sockets Wink