LDraw.org Discussion Forums
LDCad 1.6 suggestions/plans - Printable Version

+- LDraw.org Discussion Forums (https://forums.ldraw.org)
+-- Forum: LDraw Programs (https://forums.ldraw.org/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers (https://forums.ldraw.org/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: LDCad 1.6 suggestions/plans (/thread-18426.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Re: LDCad 1.6 suggestions/plans - Milan Vančura - 2016-01-05

Hello Roland.

This is my suggestion how GUI may look:

[Image: 23886570890_1665736064_n.jpg]
LDCad features suggested - an example video by Milan Vančura, on Flickr

Re: LDCad 1.6 suggestions/plans - Philippe Hurbain - 2016-01-05

Yes, that's more or less the idea Wink

Re: LDCad 1.6 suggestions/plans - Philippe Hurbain - 2016-01-05

You have a very efficient way of selling concepts! Agreed, these would be very useful.

Re: LDCad 1.6 suggestions/plans - Milan Vančura - 2016-01-05

Roland Melkert Wrote:
Philippe Hurbain Wrote:...do something useful with the "count" property?
My initial plan for this was to have it decrease the numbers based on the current model so you could build a model and end up with zero parts in the bin when finished.
Yes, that would be very useful for alternative models building (and contests)! I prefer to have it "stupid only" - no policy set like disabling pieces with '0' count etc. Just show the current result of (original_count minus used_count), red if negative.
Nice-to-have extension: a function to select pieces in the model which are not from this list.
EDIT: About thee import of this kind of data: I vote for a brickstore (BSX) format import function. This way one can use brickstock directly with LDCad (and import sets data or personal lists there so you do not need to think about that) and also rebrickable.com offers an export to BSX format.

Re: LDCad 1.6 suggestions/plans - Roland Melkert - 2016-01-05

Milan Vančura Wrote:[Image: 23886570890_1665736064_n.jpg]
LDCad features suggested - an example video by Milan Vančura, on Flickr
Very nice video some very creative editing / magic right there Smile

I'll add 'using snap points as selection center' to my to do list. Rotation snapping is a whole lot more difficult though, I'm also not sure it can be done using the current snapping calculations. So I might delay that to the second generation snapping calculations I want to include in 1.7 or higher.

Thanks for your insight Milan.

Re: LDCad 1.6 suggestions/plans - Roland Melkert - 2016-01-05

Milan Vančura Wrote:Yes, that would be very useful for alternative models building (and contests)! I prefer to have it "stupid only" - no policy set like disabling pieces with '0' count etc. Just show the current result of (original_count minus used_count), red if negative.
Nice-to-have extension: a function to select pieces in the model which are not from this list.
Could always make that an option.

Milan Vančura Wrote:EDIT: About thee import of this kind of data: I vote for a brickstore (BSX) format import function. This way one can use brickstock directly with LDCad (and import sets data or personal lists there so you do not need to think about that) and also rebrickable.com offers an export to BSX format.
I'll probably add multiple ways or maybe even make it possible trough scripted/plugin imports as part of the scripting extensions I have planned for 1.6

Re: LDCad 1.6 suggestions/plans - Philippe Hurbain - 2016-01-06

Quote:* grid step lesser than 1
In the same spirit I'd like to have possibility to define angle grid with more precision. 22.5° grid is really missing.
Maybe some alignment tools? I often use the combo select target -> shift+o -> select part to align -> shift+c -> deselect -> shift+o to align chains path points on gears so some streamlining of this process could be useful but not mandatory...

Re: LDCad 1.6 suggestions/plans - Max Martin Richter - 2016-01-06

Philippe Hurbain Wrote:22.5° grid is really missing.

+1

/Max

Re: LDCad 1.6 suggestions/plans - Philippe Hurbain - 2016-01-06

Quote:Yes but it is currently undocumented. It's done through the part's header dialog (press enter in its own editor while nothing is selected). There you'll find the 'length constrains' panel on the 'path' tabpage.
I played a bit with this, nice feature! Two questions nonetheless:
- we can visually see that maximum length is exceeded, but nothing tells clearly that the part is too short?
(edit): Actually there is some visual clue: one end of the part (cable) looks folded on itself if target length is not reached.
- do the fields "part name" and "part description" do something already, or is it something planned for future release?

Re: LDCad 1.6 suggestions/plans - Milan Vančura - 2016-01-06

Roland Melkert Wrote:Very nice video some very creative editing / magic right there Smile

I'll add 'using snap points as selection center' to my to do list. Rotation snapping is a whole lot more difficult though, I'm also not sure it can be done using the current snapping calculations. So I might delay that to the second generation snapping calculations I want to include in 1.7 or higher.
I'm glad you enjoyed my video. It worked even better than I hoped - you understood the idea even I made a mistake in the video description - yes, the feature I wish to have is exactly how you described it: "using snap points as selection center". Thanks for correcting (or ignoring Wink ) my mistake.