LDraw.org Discussion Forums
LDCad 1.6 suggestions/plans - Printable Version

+- LDraw.org Discussion Forums (https://forums.ldraw.org)
+-- Forum: LDraw Programs (https://forums.ldraw.org/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers (https://forums.ldraw.org/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: LDCad 1.6 suggestions/plans (/thread-18426.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Re: LDCad 1.6 suggestions/plans - Jaco van der Molen - 2016-02-01

Roland Melkert Wrote:I have been working on the 1.6 hotkey configuration stuff during my vacation it is now possible to reassign any 'action' in the program. I could add some actions to control the camera (key less by default) which you can then assign keys to yourself using the below new dialog.
Would it be possible to assign the A key to rotate a brick around the y-axis?
I am so used to MLCad that I constantly pres A to rotate a brick....

Don't know if this has been asked before, but would it be possible to compile LDCad for Mac?

Re: LDCad 1.6 suggestions/plans - Roland Melkert - 2016-02-01

Jaco van der Molen Wrote:Would it be possible to assign the A key to rotate a brick around the y-axis?
Yes using the new dialog you can change the keys for each of the editing pin mode's.

It currently only allows for optional rotation around the current plane, but I could easilly add abs rotations like I've already did for the movement stuff, like so:

Re: LDCad 1.6 suggestions/plans - Roland Melkert - 2016-02-01

Jaco van der Molen Wrote:Don't know if this has been asked before, but would it be possible to compile LDCad for Mac?
I suspect it will work almost at once as the mac like Linux is unix based meaning the Linux variant of things probably also work for the mac. This and the fact the 3rd party application shell library I use (wxWidgets) supports the mac.

But the problem is I don't have a mac at the moment. I have been trying to cross compile but haven't much luck with that so far.

If anyone has some pointers on how to setup cross compiling (e.g. on a dedicated linux vm image) I'm open to suggestions.

Roland Melkert Wrote:
Jaco van der Molen Wrote:Would it be possible to assign the A key to rotate a brick around the y-axis?
Yes using the new dialog you can change the keys for each of the editing pin mode's.

It currently only allows for optional rotation around the current plane, but I could easilly add abs rotations like I've already did for the movement stuff, like so:
I've been through every menu, but am unable to find the Hotkey Management dialog. Where is it? :-)

Re: LDCad 1.6 suggestions/plans - Merlijn Wissink - 2016-02-01

It's not in the current release yet (1.5).
It's being worked on. It'll be a new feature in the 1.6 release Wink

Re: LDCad 1.6 suggestions/plans - Michael Horvath - 2016-02-02

Roland Melkert Wrote:I have been working on the 1.6 hotkey configuration stuff during my vacation it is now possible to reassign any 'action' in the program. I could add some actions to control the camera (key less by default) which you can then assign keys to yourself using the below new dialog.

[attachment=1983]

I was hoping I could turn this behavior on/off with a single switch without having to reset all the key bindings each time. Obviously, I would not want this behavior 100% of the time.

Will I be able to toggle groups of command bindings on/off at one time?

Re: LDCad 1.6 suggestions/plans - Jaco van der Molen - 2016-02-02

Merlijn Wissink Wrote:It's not in the current release yet (1.5).
It's being worked on. It'll be a new feature in the 1.6 release Wink
Oops, my mistake. This is about 1.6.. :-)

Re: LDCad 1.6 suggestions/plans - Roland Melkert - 2016-02-02

Michael Horvath Wrote:I was hoping I could turn this behavior on/off with a single switch without having to reset all the key bindings each time. Obviously, I would not want this behavior 100% of the time.

Will I be able to toggle groups of command bindings on/off at one time?
I have been thinking about making the hotkey 'sheet' switchable you could use that to temporary use different keys as long the switch can be done easily / fast maybe trhough a hot key of its own. I'll see what I can cook up.

Re: LDCad 1.6 suggestions/plans - Milan VanĨura - 2016-02-04

Thank you for a good point, Jaco!

Roland, can you make LDCad know this syntax, please? I believe the GUI may be what you planned (groups visible for a range of steps), just use the syntax LPub knows.