LDraw.org Discussion Forums
[LDPartEditor] 0.8.4 Beta Released - Printable Version

+- LDraw.org Discussion Forums (https://forums.ldraw.org)
+-- Forum: LDraw Programs (https://forums.ldraw.org/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Parts Author Tools (https://forums.ldraw.org/forum-24.html)
+--- Thread: [LDPartEditor] 0.8.4 Beta Released (/thread-18260.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Re: [LDPartEditor] 0.8.4 Beta Released - Gerald Lasser - 2016-03-03

Magnus Forsberg Wrote:I too struggle to understand the file management idea. All I wanna do is inline a file/prim/sub or select code, and make a new subfile. The project manager doesn't seem to recognice any other file or folder outside the official/unofficial parts folder. If I choose to open a part in a folder that is not scanned by LPE, it simply ignores or doesn't find my allready existing, good file structure.
I do it like this, open the file from somewhere, create a new .dat in the "sub-structure" under the relevant directory e.g. /parts/sub and copy the content there.

If you want to use your existing file structure try setting the "Unofficial" dir to the root of your LDraw unofficial file structure

Magnus Forsberg Wrote:* I'm able to have many files open in the text editor, but how do I switch between them in the 3D editor?
On the left panel, middle section you have the file browser for your project.
- Right Click on the file you want to display
- Select Open in 3D Editor

Magnus Forsberg Wrote:* I want LPE to remember the last visited folder.
Second left icon in the top row "Last Opened Files/Projects"

You can hover over the buttons then the help bubble appears.

Re: [LDPartEditor] 0.8.4 Beta Released - Gerald Lasser - 2016-03-03

we definitely need to start the tutorial for LDPE...

Re: [LDPartEditor] 0.8.4 Beta Released - Magnus Forsberg - 2016-03-03

Gerald Lasser Wrote:create a new .dat in the "sub-structure" under the relevant directory e.g. /parts/sub and copy the content there.
Seems to work only if you first create a project folder. All I get if I try is a message "This feature is not available for the current selection."

Gerald Wrote:try setting the "Unofficial" dir to the root of your LDraw unofficial file structure
If I do that, I can't use any of the files in the "real" unofficial folder. It doesn't get scanned when I start LPE.

Gerald Wrote:On the left panel, middle section you have the file browser for your project.
It only works if I create a project. If I open many files using the Open Part File-button in the text editor, only the first file is visible in the file manager. I want to select a file in the text editor by clicking on its tab, right click someware, or use a button, to Show File (not selection) in 3D Editor. Please remember, most of us are accustomed to LDDP. Just a single click on Start LDView-button.

Gerald Wrote:Second left icon in the top row "Last Opened Files/Projects"
Ok, it does remember were I have been before, but not when I want to open a second file using the Open Part File-button. Then I have to navigate all the way from some default Project folder in the program folder.

Planning Phase starts for Tutorial Videos / v0.8.5 News - Nils Schmidt - 2016-03-04

I just want to say this: I will publish tutorial videos with audio commentary after 0.8.5 was released and I'll update the wiki.
The upcoming 0.8.5 beta includes at least 8 bug fixes and 3 new features.
It is going to be the most stable release since the start of development in 2012.

Re: Planning Phase starts for Tutorial Videos / v0.8.5 News - Philippe Hurbain - 2016-03-04

Quote:I just want to say this: I will publish tutorial videos with audio commentary
Great! Subtitles are welcome too Wink
Quote: and I'll update the wiki.
Is there already something on any wiki?

Re: [LDPartEditor] 0.8.4 Beta Released - Gerald Lasser - 2016-03-04

Magnus Wrote:
Gerald Lasser Wrote:create a new .dat in the "sub-structure" under the relevant directory e.g. /parts/sub and copy the content there.
Seems to work only if you first create a project folder. All I get if I try is a message "This feature is not available for the current selection."
That's right, I pointed this out earlier this week as well, and I am happy to know that I am not the only one. I hope Nils can fix this in one of the upcoming versions.

Magnus Wrote:
Gerald Wrote:On the left panel, middle section you have the file browser for your project.
It only works if I create a project. If I open many files using the Open Part File-button in the text editor, only the first file is visible in the file manager. I want to select a file in the text editor by clicking on its tab, right click someware, or use a button, to Show File (not selection) in 3D Editor. Please remember, most of us are accustomed to LDDP. Just a single click on Start LDView-button.
In my version I can see all the files I open in the Text-Editor in the File-Manager and I can open them in the 3D-View from there.
I agree, that a right click on the Text-Editor tab to open a file in 3D would ease the workflow. That's a good suggestion.

Magnus Wrote:
Gerald Wrote:Second left icon in the top row "Last Opened Files/Projects"
Ok, it does remember were I have been before, but not when I want to open a second file using the Open Part File-button. Then I have to navigate all the way from some default Project folder in the program folder.
[/quote]
I see what you mean, it shall remember the path that you selected where you opened your first file from. Correct, that yould be better as well. I see all the previous opened files with the button but LDPE does not use the path from the "last file opened" if you open the next file.

Re: Planning Phase starts for Tutorial Videos / v0.8.5 News - Willy Tschager - 2016-03-04

Philippe Hurbain Wrote:
Quote: and I'll update the wiki.
Is there already something on any wiki?

Now there is (at least a stub):

http://wiki.ldraw.org/index.php?title=LD_Part_Editor

Your French will come very handy for this:

http://forums.ldraw.org/showthread.php?tid=20765&pid=20765#pid20765 ;-)

w.

Re: Planning Phase starts for Tutorial Videos / v0.8.5 News - Philippe Hurbain - 2016-03-04

Quote:Your French will come very handy for this:
http://forums.ldraw.org/showthread.php?tid=20765&pid=20765#pid20765 ;-)
Yeah, seen this... but I need to get more used to LDPE before to do something sensible!

Manipulator icons in a toolbar, instead of drop-down?! - Nils Schmidt - 2016-03-04

Willy Tschager Wrote:* Is there a way to move the Manipolator icons to a toolbar?

I just created a showcase of the feature which was requested by Willy Tschager here.

The gui is a little bit too much populated with buttons for my personal taste.

Second variant.

I created tickets for these issues and your requests... - Nils Schmidt - 2016-03-04

...just for your information and for my documentation. I have to keep track of these requests somehow.
You can find all these "issues" here:
https://github.com/nilsschmidt1337/ldparteditor/issues
Tasks with high-priority are earlier implemented than others.