LDraw.org Discussion Forums
New Parts for LGEO Library - Printable Version

+- LDraw.org Discussion Forums (https://forums.ldraw.org)
+-- Forum: LDraw Programs (https://forums.ldraw.org/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Rendering Techniques (https://forums.ldraw.org/forum-20.html)
+--- Thread: New Parts for LGEO Library (/thread-16260.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

RE: New Parts for LGEO Library - LDView colors - Michael Horvath - 2019-07-11

(2019-07-10, 23:52)Damien Roux Wrote: I agree with you, but I've never thought about another way to do it. Also, original parts from Lutz where also embedding colors like this, as far as I remember.

The issue is not with the fact that you embedded the colors in the parts. The problem is that you used a variable name that is specific to LDView's output.

I think instead we should create new "material" and "slope" versions of LGEO's existing "textures".

RE: New Parts for LGEO Library - Michael Horvath - 2019-07-11

(2019-07-10, 23:46)Damien Roux Wrote: Could you check if you don't have any missing file anymore?
Thanks a lot for pointing these out!

Did you update your first post in this thread? The post says it was last modified July 3.

RE: New Parts for LGEO Library - LDView colors - Michael Horvath - 2019-07-11

(2019-07-10, 23:52)Damien Roux Wrote: I agree with you, but I've never thought about another way to do it. Also, original parts from Lutz where also embedding colors like this, as far as I remember.

Here is my suggestion for an alternative.

Code:
#declare lg_black = texture { ... }
#declare lg_black_slope = texture { lg_black normal { lg_slope_normal } }
#declare lg_black_mat = material { texture { lg_black } interior { lg_ior } }
#declare lg_black_mat_slope = material { texture { lg_black_slope } interior { lg_ior } }

Or something much like that.

RE: New Parts for LGEO Library - parts naming inconsistencies - Leonardo Gonzalez - 2019-07-11

(2019-07-11, 1:01)Michael Horvath Wrote: Removing the zeros from all the files will take some work. I can create a Python script to do it I think. I will start with Lutz's parts.

Michael,

You might want to check out the Bulk Rename Utility, it considerably speeds up the file renaming process (batch rename), and it is very flexible. Also, there is a no installation .zip file in the download page and it is free.

RE: New Parts for LGEO Library - Damien Roux - 2019-07-11

(2019-07-11, 2:10)Michael Horvath Wrote: Did you update your first post in this thread? The post says it was last modified July 3.

Yes, you can use links in the first post here.
I haven't updated the date indeed.

RE: New Parts for LGEO Library - parts naming inconsistencies - Michael Horvath - 2019-07-12

(2019-07-11, 3:14)Leonardo Gonzalez Wrote: Michael,

You might want to check out the Bulk Rename Utility, it considerably speeds up the file renaming process (batch rename), and it is very flexible. Also, there is a no installation .zip file in the download page and it is free.

Thanks! Does this program look inside the files too? The POV-Ray objects inside the affected include files will also need to be renamed.

RE: New Parts for LGEO Library - parts naming inconsistencies - Michael Horvath - 2019-07-13

(2019-07-11, 3:14)Leonardo Gonzalez Wrote: Michael,

I wrote a script to do all this already, so don't worry about it.

RE: New Parts for LGEO Library - Michael Horvath - 2019-07-13

I took a look at your "lg_color.inc". Very nice work!

Anyway, some comments.

1. Which version of "LDConfig.ldr" are you basing it off of? Mine is dated 2017-12-15.

2. The greys:

lg_light_gray
lg_dark_gray
lg_light_bluish_gray
lg_dark_bluish_gray
lg_metallic_dark_gray
lg_pearl_light_gray
lg_pearl_dark_gray
lg_pearl_very_light_gray
lg_very_light_bluish_gray
lg_rubber_light_gray
lg_rubber_light_bluish_gray
lg_very_light_gray

I'm not sure we should rename "grey" to "gray". That might confuse old scenes. TLG also uses "grey" versus "gray".

3. The lilacs:

These should all have the word "lilac" in them AFAIK.

lg_trans_light_purple
lg_light_purple
lg_dark_purple
lg_medium_purple
lg_medium_violet_alt

4. lg_pearl_gold should be lg_pearl_light_gold

5. Could you make a texture for Trans_Reddish_Lilac too please? It is a pretty typical transparent texture.

6. Ditto for Metallic_Bright_Red and Metallic_Dark_Green. They are typical metal textures AFAIK.

Otherwise, awesome job! Thanks!

RE: New Parts for LGEO Library - Michael Horvath - 2019-07-14

7. trans_black_ir_lens should be lg_trans_black_ir_lens

RE: New Parts for LGEO Library - Leonardo Gonzalez - 2019-11-08

Damien, I don't know if you are still taking requests, but if you do and have the time this part:

44358.dat

could use some of your magic.