LDraw.org Discussion Forums
New Parts for LGEO Library - Printable Version

+- LDraw.org Discussion Forums (https://forums.ldraw.org)
+-- Forum: LDraw Programs (https://forums.ldraw.org/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Rendering Techniques (https://forums.ldraw.org/forum-20.html)
+--- Thread: New Parts for LGEO Library (/thread-16260.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

RE: New Parts for LGEO Library - Michael Horvath - 2019-07-04

These are very nice parts. Thank you, Damien.

RE: New Repository for LGEO Library - Michael Horvath - 2019-07-04

I am making progress. The only things I have left to do is finish writing a script to generate LGEO.xml and then write documentation for everything. (I have several python scripts, JSON files, spreadsheets, etc. finished already.)

As for the GitHub disk space limit, I may just publish my tools and databases, as well as some patches and documentation on how to use them with other people's LGEO parts. I dunno. I do have a lifetime subscription to a big chunk of cloud storage, so I could store all the parts there instead.

I also updated my "notes" in my previous post with new info.

RE: New Repository for LGEO Library - Damien Roux - 2019-07-04

(2019-07-04, 8:01)Michael Horvath Wrote: If there are important things in your lg_defs.inc, then how do we use your parts if you remove this file?

As said in my very first post of this topic, you only need to add these statements in the lg_defs.inc :

#declare L3LDrawToLgeo = transform { matrix <0,-LG_BRICK_WIDTH/20,0, 0,0,-LG_BRICK_HEIGHT/24, -LG_BRICK_WIDTH/20,0,0, 0,0,4*LG_BRICK_HEIGHT/24> }
#declare L3LgeoToLDraw = transform { matrix <0,0,-20/LG_BRICK_WIDTH, -20/LG_BRICK_WIDTH,0,0, 0,-24/LG_BRICK_HEIGHT,0, 0,0,0> }

It will likely be merged with the official lg_defs.inc in the next AIOI. This is the last step to be done to have my library officially released. I guess Travis is on it.

RE: New Repository for LGEO Library - Travis Cobbs - 2019-07-04

(2019-07-04, 18:16)Damien Roux Wrote: It will likely be merged with the official lg_defs.inc in the next AIOI. This is the last step to be done to have my library officially released. I guess Travis is on it.

That's not entirely true. LDView does not include any LGEO library, and I don't plan to change that. However, I am considering including two LGEO.xml files in the next LDView release, one for Damien's library, and the other one the same as before (from the last LGEO released by Lutz Uhlmann). There would then be a check box in the installer that you would be able to check to use the LGEO.xml that is compatible with Damien's version of LGEO.

The AIOI is handled by Willy. Hopefully, if he includes Damien's version of LGEO, he can also have the LDView install include the appropriate LGEO.xml that goes with it.

RE: New Repository for LGEO Library - Damien Roux - 2019-07-05

(2019-07-04, 20:30)Travis Cobbs Wrote: That's not entirely true. LDView does not include any LGEO library, and I don't plan to change that. However, I am considering including two LGEO.xml files in the next LDView release, one for Damien's library, and the other one the same as before (from the last LGEO released by Lutz Uhlmann). There would then be a check box in the installer that you would be able to check to use the LGEO.xml that is compatible with Damien's version of LGEO.

The AIOI is handled by Willy. Hopefully, if he includes Damien's version of LGEO, he can also have the LDView install include the appropriate LGEO.xml that goes with it.

Ah OK, sorry for the mistake.

Just one question: why would you use a seperate check box if Willy includes my parts in the AIOI ? Once the cleaning is done, it should be OK to have only one LGEO.xml, no ?

RE: New Repository for LGEO Library - Michael Horvath - 2019-07-05

(2019-07-04, 20:30)Travis Cobbs Wrote: That's not entirely true. LDView does not include any LGEO library, and I don't plan to change that. However, I am considering including two LGEO.xml files in the next LDView release, one for Damien's library, and the other one the same as before (from the last LGEO released by Lutz Uhlmann). There would then be a check box in the installer that you would be able to check to use the LGEO.xml that is compatible with Damien's version of LGEO.

Damien and I were discussing "lg_defs.inc" not "LGEO.xml" in case that's the source of your confusion.

RE: New Repository for LGEO Library - Travis Cobbs - 2019-07-05

(2019-07-05, 15:56)Michael Horvath Wrote: Damien and I were discussing "lg_defs.inc" not "LGEO.xml" in case that's the source of your confusion.

LDView doesn't include that file in its release either, and won't in the future.

RE: New Repository for LGEO Library - Michael Horvath - 2019-07-06

(2019-07-05, 17:58)Travis Cobbs Wrote: LDView doesn't include that file in its release either, and won't in the future.

It might not be included with LDView in the future, but it is included with the AIOI.

[ed]

Disregard. I am not following the discussion in this thread very well.

LGEO.xml and Python help - Michael Horvath - 2019-07-06

I have created a Python script to generate LGEO.xml from a database of parts. But I am having problems with the

Code:
&#x0A;

character entity. I describe the problem in more detail at Stack Exchange. Otherwise, the script is working well. Does anybody here have experience with Python? Thanks.

[ed]

I got the issue resolved. Sorry for the waste of time.

RE: New Repository for LGEO Library - Michael Horvath - 2019-07-07

If anyone is still interested, here is a repository for my tools:

https://github.com/mjhorvath/lgeo-tools

I have only uploaded a few of the actual LGEO parts that needed updating, however. The updated parts -- as well as new versions of "lg_colors.lst", "lg_elements.lst", and "LGEO.xml" -- are located in the "parts" directory of the repo.