LDraw.org Discussion Forums
New Parts for LGEO Library - Printable Version

+- LDraw.org Discussion Forums (https://forums.ldraw.org)
+-- Forum: LDraw Programs (https://forums.ldraw.org/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Rendering Techniques (https://forums.ldraw.org/forum-20.html)
+--- Thread: New Parts for LGEO Library (/thread-16260.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Re: New Parts for LGEO Library - Sven v. Beuningen - 2015-11-13

I've been pretty sure I did that already, but after another update the part is available. Thank you for the hint.

Re: New Parts for LGEO Library - Damien Roux - 2015-11-13

Have you replaced both 2654.inc and lg_2654.inc?

I haven't changed the geometry, only the normals.

Re: New Parts for LGEO Library - Sven v. Beuningen - 2015-11-13

I redownloaded the whole package and replaced all files. I can also see that these files where changed on 12th November 11:30 pm. I think this is the date of change from you. I attached the 2654.inc file. Maybe you can check if this is the latest one.

Re: New Parts for LGEO Library - Sven v. Beuningen - 2015-11-17

Hi folks,

I've discored a problem during rendering of part 3626c. PovRay is searching for the define lg_tech_knob_join in the lg_macro.inc file. Unfortunately it cannot be found. Any idea how this define should look like and where it belongs?

So long

Sven

Re: New Parts for LGEO Library - Damien Roux - 2015-11-21

You should fin it in the Ldraw AIOI.

I not, I've attached it here.

Re: New Parts for LGEO Library - Johannes Schauer - 2015-11-22

Damien Roux Wrote:Therefore the .lst files are no longer used (by most of the userd), that's why I don't provide them in my package. It has been kind of replaced by the lg_colors.inc and LGEO.xml files.

Currently, the complete LGEO library can be found in the Ldraw AIOI. My parts are not yet part of this AIOI, so you need to install them manually or wait for them to be integrated to the AIOI.

It seems that lg_colors.ls and lg_elements.lst are not shipped with the current AIOI.

Unfortunately leocad needs both of these files to export pov files.

Could you restore them in your next release?

Thanks!

Re: New Parts for LGEO Library - Damien Roux - 2015-11-22

I might be mistaken but the .lst files are no longer needed as the current AIOI is promoting ldview as a PovRay file exporter.

You can still use LEOCAD as your model builder, but you should use ldview to generate the PovFile. I don't have those files anymore.

Re: New Parts for LGEO Library - Johannes Schauer - 2015-11-22

Damien Roux Wrote:I might be mistaken but the .lst files are no longer needed as the current AIOI is promoting ldview as a PovRay file exporter.

As far as I can see from http://ldview.sourceforge.net/ LDView has been unmaintained for six years.

In contrast to that Leocad is actively developed my multiple contributors for more than 15 years, there are about 3 to 5 releases per year with 4 releases this year only, it is part of the repositories of multiple Linux distributions (Debian, Ubuntu, Arch Linux) and just as LDView is cross platform for Windows and MacOS as well.

Is there a reason that lg_colors.ls and lg_elements.lst are not distributed anymore? Is it too much work to keep them up to date? Were they broken and nobody found time to fix them? Those two files are tiny so I doubt that it was their size that got them removed.

I find it odd that the AIOI dropped files that disabled povray export of a widely used and maintained piece of software just because another abandoned and unmaintained piece of software does not require them.

Why not just keep those two files so to not sabotage another piece of software?

I find it even more important to include these files because I fail to find them anywhere else on the internet. Pointers welcome.

Re: New Parts for LGEO Library - Damien Roux - 2015-11-22

I've found the files on my computer (attached in this post but you will need to change the .txt to .lst).

But, I'm 100% sure they are not up to date and are not the same as they where released with the first LGEO library (I have surely modified them for my own pupose).

So you can start from them to update them.

Re: New Parts for LGEO Library - Sven v. Beuningen - 2015-11-23

Hi Damien,

thank you, but this is the exact same lg_macro.inc file I have. Also with this one I get the following error in pov ray:

Expected 'object', undeclared identifier 'lg_tech_knob_join' found instead

in line 674.

So long

Sven