LDraw.org Discussion Forums
New Parts for LGEO Library - Printable Version

+- LDraw.org Discussion Forums (https://forums.ldraw.org)
+-- Forum: LDraw Programs (https://forums.ldraw.org/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Rendering Techniques (https://forums.ldraw.org/forum-20.html)
+--- Thread: New Parts for LGEO Library (/thread-16260.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Re: New Parts for LGEO Library - Sven v. Beuningen - 2015-11-12

Hi Damien,

thank you very much for the great work. I just added the updated parts to my Queue of rendering the whole library.

Re: New Parts for LGEO Library - Damien Roux - 2015-11-12

If you are rendering everything, do not hesitate to tell me if you find some errors.

Can I ask why are you rendering the whole library?

Re: New Parts for LGEO Library - Sven v. Beuningen - 2015-11-12

Hi Damien,

I think I already found some parts which look not that nice if they are rendered in high resulution, but maybe these are not from you. I can share the information after I did some review of the results.

I'm rendering them, because I'd like to start a webpage where I want to use them. There are some pages around, but I don't like the rendered image that much. First of all I just want to start with searching the bricks. Maybe I'll add sets with part lists later on. I currently don't know where this is going, but I like high quality brick images Smile. The community and especially you will be added to credits if it ever will go online if you like.
I attached two files to show a current result. I really like the first one, with the reflections of the tyre holders.
The second one is an example for a brick with some kind of problem on the outside. The round stud thingi is somehow flat on one side.

Re: New Parts for LGEO Library - Magnus Forsberg - 2015-11-12

The flat surfaces are real and very intentional. The real part looks like that.

But, this is also a very good example of how simplified designs are missing a lot of details when rendered in hi-res.
The real part doesn't look anything like this, at all. Many details are missing.
It should have a groove, like a Tile, around the base.
The use of a half-sphere-primitive is a bad choise here.
Edge lines are missing.
The sloping cylinders below the studs don't fit the studs.

[attachment=1825]
Please have a look at this part image from Brickset/TLG.

Both parts come from my package.

Regarding the Dish: I'm modelling my HQ parts using ldraw designs. As long as the ldraw part is like that, my LGEO equivalent will be like that.
Maybe it's a part that could be reworked on the tracker.

You can redownload my package, I've reworked the part's nomals, you shouldn't have the barely visible artifacts you have on you're picture.

Update: 2015/11/13

[Image: v23-1.jpg]

2552p01 - Baseplate 32 x 32 Raised with Ramp and Pit with Ice Pattern

Re: New Parts for LGEO Library - Sven v. Beuningen - 2015-11-13

Oh ok you're right. I didn't know that. I doesn't have such a piece right here now.

Thank you for the new piece. Unfortunately I wasn't able to find it in my LDraw directory. I Only have 2552 / 2552p05 / 2552p06.
Do you have any idea why this could be the case?

Re: New Parts for LGEO Library - Damien Roux - 2015-11-13

This part has been release recently. You need to update you ldraw library with the most recent package you will find at ldraw.org

Thank you. I tried the updated part, but I don't see a big difference. Maybe I did something wrong during replacement of the part.