LDraw.org Discussion Forums
Crowdfunding For LEGO Instrunction Creator - Printable Version

+- LDraw.org Discussion Forums (https://forums.ldraw.org)
+-- Forum: LDraw Programs (https://forums.ldraw.org/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: LDraw File Processing and Conversion (https://forums.ldraw.org/forum-22.html)
+--- Thread: Crowdfunding For LEGO Instrunction Creator (/thread-15729.html)

Crowdfunding For LEGO Instrunction Creator - Jarema - 2015-02-27

Code:
Those who are not in the subject, please read previously this topic http://forums.ldraw.org/showthread.php?tid=13866,15712
Forum Usage Guidelines Wrote:Do remember that everyone involved with LDraw does it voluntarily as a hobby. This means things may not happen in a timely fashion.

That I way write this topic to make request of you. Because actually like Remi (precursor of LIC) I start lost interest of development of LIC. Because I am not able to devote this tool as much time as I should as one-person Team. Thus, the development may take years.

In my knowledge to build Instruction you can use:
  1. LEGO Digital Designer Instruction creation leaves much to be desired
  2. LDRAW and LPub and these two tool are great but not for novice
  3. Univeral tools like MLcad, POVray for Windows and Adobe Acrobat Pro 8 used by Designer Han
Keep in mind that dynamic importer of LEGO Instrunction Creator makes it easy to add an importer for any 3D file type.
I don't have doing only for own purpose, but for one any who can download 3D model for example and have good time with this.

Regret would make the existing progress lost.
So main question whether this is good idea to start Crowdfunding project ? /at kickstarter.com for example/
If that miracle happen. I proposed to create a wish list /not too long/, which will be discussed and closed at the right time. Before work could begin.

May the force be with us

Re: Crowdfunding For LEGO Instrunction Creator - Merlijn Wissink - 2015-02-27

You say: "Because I am not able to devote this tool as much time as I should as one-person Team.".
So, the problem is basicly time. However, you won't gain any time (or people to help you) on Kickstarter. Kickstarter is just for money. So, I don't quite understand what you want to reach with a Kickstarter project?

Don't get me wrong, I really like that fact that someone is trying to make a competitor to LPub. LPub can be quite annoying every now and then and it's just... a little outdated. (Although I'm not sure if I like the approach LIC is taking either, but that's also just personal preference).

Re: Crowdfunding For LEGO Instrunction Creator - Gerald Lasser - 2015-02-27

I also don't understand why you want to stop already. I also like the fact that LIC gets attention again and it think you already have invested some time and it would be great to see it progressing, instead of quitting it after a week on the forum.

I hope you can put some time intp it and make LIC progress!

Unfortunately I do not have the programming skills on my own to contribute. I do have some ideas on features that LPUB (or any other instruction creator) should include, but it is not easy to realize.

Re: Crowdfunding For LEGO Instrunction Creator - Jarema - 2015-02-28

Sorry about your. Because you do not understand the idea that created Crowdfunding. Because no money, but what you can give to others is the most important.

Re: Crowdfunding For LEGO Instrunction Creator - Merlijn Wissink - 2015-02-28

Crowdfunding is trying to get enough money to create and release a project, product or anything like that.
The defenition from Wikipedia:
Quote:Crowdfunding is the practice of funding a project or venture by raising monetary contributions from a large number of people, typically via the internet.

The word you're probably looking for is something like Crowdsourcing:
Quote:Crowdsourcing is the process of obtaining needed services, ideas, or content by soliciting contributions from a large group of people, and especially from an online community, rather than from traditional employees or suppliers.

Because, I don't see why you would need money for this, unless you want to hire people or something like that?