LDraw.org Discussion Forums
LDCad 1.4a (win+linux) - Printable Version

+- LDraw.org Discussion Forums (https://forums.ldraw.org)
+-- Forum: LDraw Programs (https://forums.ldraw.org/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers (https://forums.ldraw.org/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: LDCad 1.4a (win+linux) (/thread-15278.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4


LDCad 1.4a (win+linux) - Roland Melkert - 2015-01-24

I just released LDCad 1.4a it fixes a couple of problems and includes new snap info and part bin tweaks.

Like always you'll find the newest version at:

http://www.melkert.net/LDCad/download

Biggest change is the new 'figures' branch inside the sorted part bin group. It allows for easy access to the new friends figures, it also includes the old minifig groups (which I tweaked a bit in order to incorporate the new arms) and new Fabland and Technic figure groups.

I've also added part snapping to all parts in those groups except for the minifig hair/hat and accessories.

And I tried to apply some of the smaller requests from the 1.4 thread, like: ESC to deselect and allowing lower FOV etc.

Finally as LDCad now is included in the AIOI I also updated my own installer to look for the AIOI location of LDCad in order to apply updates as the AIOI installs in "Program Files (x86)\LDraw\LDCad" instead of "Program Files (x86)\LDCad" by default.


With this version released I'm back to working on 1.5, which will probably take another couple of months to complete. But like always don't hesitate to report problems / feature requests.


Re: LDCad 1.4a (win+linux) - Jason Smith - 2015-01-25

Right on, going to install it asap. Thanks for your hard work.


Re: LDCad 1.4a (win+linux) - Philippe Hurbain - 2015-01-25

Excellent!
Quote:Biggest change is the new 'figures' branch inside the sorted part bin group. It allows for easy access to the new friends figures, it also includes the old minifig groups (which I tweaked a bit in order to incorporate the new arms) and new Fabland and Technic figure groups.
Highly appreciated, after all the time I spent on Fabuland and Friends figures, to be able to edit them easily!
Quote:I've also added part snapping to all parts in those groups except for the minifig hair/hat and accessories.
Well, the Friends hairs I tested do have accessory pin connectivity?

Speaking of connectivity, it seems you didn't update connectivity on smooth panels and 1x1 round tiles?
(edit) Is it intended that there is no stud connectivity in the middle of stud4 primitives?

Parts bins:
- I like a lot the new figure bin organization. A tiny glitch: "Figure Fabuland hibs and limb" instead of "Figure Fabuland hips and limb"
- I think that mixing pins and connectors in the same Technic bin is not such a good idea, as there are MANY connectors, and pins are so ubiquitous. Pins are not very easy to use, especially since many connectors have pin in description making filter uneffective.


Re: LDCad 1.4a (win+linux) - Roland Melkert - 2015-01-25

Quote:Highly appreciated, after all the time I spent on Fabuland and Friends figures
Right back at you Smile

Quote:Well, the Friends hairs I tested do have accessory pin connectivity?
I mean the normal minifig aso/hair/heads as there are way more of those.

Quote:....smooth panels and 1x1 round tiles
I thought I fixed those, I checked again and noticed the tech pin not wanting to go to both sides of some of the holes. That's actually caused by the pin it self as axles etc do behave correctly. Anyhow I corrected it.

As for the plates (6141) do you mean to place them stud facing outwards inside a tech beam hole, like so:

.png   1x1.png (Size: 20.37 KB / Downloads: 6)
If so I've added that info to the 1x1 plates. I didn't notice anything else wrong with the 1x1 tiles though.

Quote:(edit) Is it intended that there is no stud connectivity in the middle of stud4 primitives?
I'm not completely sure but I think I left stud4.dat without snap info because I considered it not a 'real' stud primitive. This in means it is used scaled and the hole will almost always lead into some bigger shape in the higher parts.

I'll have to do some more looking around and try to make the needed adjustments for 1.5.

Quote: I think that mixing pins and connectors in the same Technic bin is not such a good idea, as there are MANY connectors, and pins are so ubiquitous. Pins are not very easy to use, especially since many connectors have pin in description making filter uneffective.
Yes, most bins are based upon a set of include/exclude filter rules and it is there fore very hard to split the connectors from the pin parts unless it's done by handpicking the .dat numbers which isn't very future proof. Do you know of another way to uniformly split those parts based on description, number, keyword, etc?


I redid the release packages of 1.4a (as the executable's remain the same) and updated the downloads. Alternativly you could place the attached changed seed files in your existing setup (rename to .sf)


Re: LDCad 1.4a (win+linux) - Philippe Hurbain - 2015-01-26

Quote:I thought I fixed those, I checked again and noticed the tech pin not wanting to go to both sides of some of the holes. That's actually caused by the pin it self as axles etc do behave correctly. Anyhow I corrected it.
Yes, that was that. Works great now (on a fresh reinstall of 1.4a+ on another machine).
Quote:As for the plates (6141) do you mean to place them stud facing outwards inside a tech beam hole, like so:
No, I meant plain 6141 tube to any regular stud connexion. No snapping here. 6141p01 did work though so I had a look in shadow.sf: 6141 was missing. I created one from 6141p01 connection file and now it works.
Quote:I'm not completely sure but I think I left stud4.dat without snap info because I considered it not a 'real' stud primitive. This in means it is used scaled and the hole will almost always lead into some bigger shape in the higher parts.
I'll have to do some more looking around and try to make the needed adjustments for 1.5.
I see your point, yes stud4 is often scaled. That wouldn't be such a big issue if only its origin was placed on the rim...
Quote:Yes, most bins are based upon a set of include/exclude filter rules and it is there fore very hard to split the connectors from the pin parts unless it's done by handpicking the .dat numbers which isn't very future proof. Do you know of another way to uniformly split those parts based on description, number, keyword, etc?
I see your point here too Wink No simple solution unfortunately. Do you have a short description of filter syntax? (especially, what does "exclude !description pin,connector,bush" do?)


Re: LDCad 1.4a (win+linux) - Steffen - 2015-01-26

> That wouldn't be such a big issue if only its origin was placed on the rim...

maybe we can create a new primitive which has that property
and make the old one a MOVED TO that?


Re: LDCad 1.4a (win+linux) - Roland Melkert - 2015-01-26

Philippe Hurbain Wrote:6141p01 did work though so I had a look in shadow.sf: 6141 was missing. I created one from 6141p01 connection file and now it works.
Very weird, 6141 is just an alias of 4073 which does have info. 6141p01 has it's own info as it's not based upon a plain 6141. anyway there is something fishy going on as I seem to get normal snapping for 6141 in a clean install myself. I'll have to investigate this some more.

Philippe Hurbain Wrote:Do you have a short description of filter syntax? (especially, what does "exclude !description pin,connector,bush" do?)

The list of include / exclude lines in pbg files of the filter kind build up a list by ether adding parts to the current result or removing some from the result based upon the secondary rule.

The second item in a rule is the search field, it can be one of the following

description
category
keyword
partName

When prefixed with '!' the rule inverses like: 'must not match'.

The final part of the rule is a list of phrases the selected field should match. You can list multiple ones by separating them using ','. By default they will act as "*text*" wildcards, but you can also use e.g "text*" to match anything starting with the phrase.

So keeping this in mind your example "exclude !description pin,connector,bush" means:

Remove all items not having the text: pin, connection or bush in their description from the current result list.

Hope this helps.


Re: LDCad 1.4a (win+linux) - Steffen - 2015-01-26

> Very weird, 6141 is just an alias of 4073

note that these files have swapped roles now.
the PT has a different MOVED-TO than the previously official version.

The instances on the PT are a fix for the previous situation.


Re: LDCad 1.4a (win+linux) - Roland Melkert - 2015-01-26

That's probably what's playing here, if Philio is using the full unofficial library it will 'suppress' the 1402 situation resulting in said problems.

Thanks for pointing this out Steffen I'll make a note of it so I can correct it once 1501 comes out.


Re: LDCad 1.4a (win+linux) - Philippe Hurbain - 2015-01-27

Ah - that was _THE_ reason... thanks, Steffen & Roland!