LDraw.org Discussion Forums
LDCad 1.4 (win+linux) - Printable Version

+- LDraw.org Discussion Forums (https://forums.ldraw.org)
+-- Forum: LDraw Programs (https://forums.ldraw.org/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers (https://forums.ldraw.org/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: LDCad 1.4 (win+linux) (/thread-14363.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Re: LDCad 1.4 (win+linux) - Philippe Hurbain - 2014-12-22

OK, thanks. LDfind does the trick, but I think it would be nice to see that information directly in model editor...

Re: LDCad 1.4 (win+linux) - Jakub Trznadel - 2015-01-09

Roland,

I miss one feature, or -maybe- I cannot find it Smile

I would love to have a feature like 'favourites' part, but which shows only bricks from particular set, including proper color.
(This is because I do nxt or wedo models)

Best way I can imagine would be some keyboard shortcut that shows full-screen pallete in some kind of table with all bricks from set (including proper color).

At the moment I usually look at brickset, then do searching in ldcad, apply proper color... and then I can use the brick (and add it to favourites)

I guess that 50% of time I spent on creating a model is lost on searching the part. Probably this is also because ldcad is incredibly productive CAD for LEGO creation so I do not lost time on placing the bricks Wink

And yes - I can define the list of bricks with colors in some kind of text file if needed.

Please, add this to my wish list Smile

Regards,
Jakub

Re: LDCad 1.4 (win+linux) - Philippe Hurbain - 2015-01-09

Somewhat related, I just discovered a great feature of LDCad that I missed so far: bins with recently used parts (24h, 1 week, 1 month, all)...

Re: LDCad 1.4 (win+linux) - Roland Melkert - 2015-01-09

Jakub Trznadel Wrote:I would love to have a feature like 'favourites' part, but which shows only bricks from particular set, including proper color.
This is possible in the current version by creating a custom part bin group. downside is it currently has to be done by editing/adding to the pbg files in the partbin folder.

I'm hoping to improve this in the 1.5 (or 1.6) version by making it possible to edit/extend the bin using the gui it self. Preparations for this are already in my dev version of 1.5 as it is now possible to open multiple bin windows. This will enable later versions (or the def 1.5) to drag/drop parts from one bin to another in order to create new custom bin groups.

Re: LDCad 1.4 (win+linux) - Philippe Hurbain - 2015-01-09

Still about history feature, is there a way to sort this bin by description instead of use order?

Re: LDCad 1.4 (win+linux) - Roland Melkert - 2015-01-09

Yes, by manually adding a file (eg allByDescr.pbg) with the following content:

Code:
[options]
kind=history
caption=All by descr
description=All parts used by descripton
picture=all.png
id=101
sortOn=description
sortDesc=false
timeFrame=0

to the

C:\Users\Roland\AppData\Roaming\LDCad\partBin\default\history

folder (or just the "partBin\default\history" sub folder when the non setup version was used).

Do this when LDCad is closed, after you restart it there will be a second 'all' group in the history tree. Optionally you also give it a different / custom picture.

Re: LDCad 1.4 (win+linux) - Philippe Hurbain - 2015-01-10

Excellent, works great. I was hoping for a right click/configure, but a new type bin works for me too.

Re: LDCad 1.4 (win+linux) - Philippe Hurbain - 2015-01-10

Hi Roland,
I just found a way to crash LDCad (and unfortunately I discovered it after a long period without saving Wink
Select a part, then right click -> reorganize -> move to current level. BAM!

Re: LDCad 1.4 (win+linux) - Jason Smith - 2015-01-10

Philippe Hurbain Wrote:Hi Roland,
I just found a way to crash LDCad (and unfortunately I discovered it after a long period without saving Wink
Select a part, then right click -> reorganize -> move to current level. BAM!

Just tried this and I can confirm the crash.

Re: LDCad 1.4 (win+linux) - Roland Melkert - 2015-01-10

Philippe Hurbain Wrote:Select a part, then right click -> reorganize -> move to current level. BAM!
I just tried myself and it only seems to crash while not in nested mode, as the move to current level feature should be disabled / blocked while not in nested mode.

I'll fix this in the next version. Thanks for reporting / checking.