LDraw.org Discussion Forums
LDCad 1.3 Beta 1 (win+linux) - Printable Version

+- LDraw.org Discussion Forums (https://forums.ldraw.org)
+-- Forum: LDraw Programs (https://forums.ldraw.org/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers (https://forums.ldraw.org/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: LDCad 1.3 Beta 1 (win+linux) (/thread-12126.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Re: LDCad 1.3 Beta 1 (win+linux) - Ignacio Fernandez Galvan - 2014-02-02

Roland Melkert Wrote:Joining will only be applied on the segment level, current version will join when the angle between two segments is less then 0.001 RAD, I could make that an option but I don't think it will help with the example hose.

What about a rubber band like this?

[Image: band.png]

The resolution in the large circle is more than enough, I could even lower it (use larger segment size). But the smaller circle does not look so good, so I should actually reduce the segment size. Don't you think a smaller segment size but a larger joining angle would help?

By the way, setting "max merge" to 0 does not seem to be "unlimited" as the popup hint says. It behaves rather like 2.

Re: LDCad 1.3 Beta 1 (win+linux) - Roland Melkert - 2014-02-02

Weird, is this in the main application folder of is LDCad in the search path?

I will look into both.

Rubber bands use the exact same 'resolution' rules etc.

You could solve the example problem by using multiple skin sections to force different kinds of basesize.

As for the angle, you are right using a custom higher threshold (As 0.001 rad is very low) combined with a 1 or 0.5 ldu basesize will probly solve the resolution problem without inflating the fallback code that much.

I will make the threshold a skin option in the next version, I'm also going to do some tests to see if auto splitting is useful or not

The reason only 2 segments are joined is because of the very low threshold, and if remember correctly the angle is calculated between the first and last, so unless all segments are exact in line the angle between the first and last >0.001 quite soon.

In the "Lego" directory, I have both LDCad (LDCad-1-3-Beta-1-Linux-64) and the model, I launch it from this directory, like this:

Code:
$ LDCad-1-3-Beta-1-Linux-64/LDCad model.mpd

The main window appears, but as it tries to load the model it segfaults.

But this works:

Code:
$ LDCad-1-3-Beta-1-Linux-64/LDCad ./model.mpd

Roland Melkert Wrote:The reason only 2 segments are joined is because of the very low threshold, and if remember correctly the angle is calculated between the first and last, so unless all segments are exact in line the angle between the first and last >0.001 quite soon.

I'm afraid I was not clear, sorry. In this part I was talking about the straight sections (I can see the segments created if I set the condlines to be always displayed). I set the base size to 100%, and then with max merge 10 or 100 I see the difference. But I expected 0 to look the same as 100 (as there will be less than 100 segments to be merged anyway), and instead It had many more segments than 10, and it looked the same as with 2. It's something like:

1: 30 segments per straight section
2: 15 segments
10: 3 segments
100: 1 segment
0: 15 segments

Thanks, it's not a Linux thing, the windows version does the same. I think it's caused by the 'explode' function I use on the filename.

Thanks for reporting.

Ok this is very weird.

This is not how it suppose to behave indeed, I'll try to improve/fix it for the next version.

LDCad 1.3 Beta 1 for Linux on ARMv6 - Roland Melkert - 2014-02-09

Hello all,

Someone asked my if they could use LDCad on a Raspberry PI.

This made me very curious so I went the emulator route and managed to compile an ARMv6 version of LDCad.

Sad thing is I only realized halfway through the Raspberry PI only offers OpenGL ES, so LDCad is not going to work or will be very slow using MESA on the tiny computer.

But since I have the binary ready, I decided to share it anyway.

http://www.melkert.net/action/download/LDCad-1-3-Beta-1-Linux-ARMv6.tar.bz2

Maybe someone could test it on an ARM machine which does offer real OpenGL (are there any?).

This version also (still) needs GTK2 to work.

Please let me now any experiences, as I couldn't really test it myself.

Req info on 64 bit useage (Re: LDCad 1.3 Beta 1) - Roland Melkert - 2014-02-12

Hi all,

It seems the Linux 64 bit version is broken on at least suse 13.1,

Could someone using the 64 bit version please confirm it does work on another distro. I would like to determine if this is a bug or a Suse specific thing. I can only comfortable test on VM myself at the moment, and I don't have the time to burn stacks of iso's at the moment.

Re: Req info on 64 bit useage (Re: LDCad 1.3 Beta 1) - Richard Speyer - 2014-02-12

I'm using LDCad 1.3 Beta 1 on Slackware64 14.0 with kernel 3.12.7
I've been meaning to register to say thanks for all your hard work.
I'm really appreciating the editing plane options. Once I got used to the idea, it's very powerful.