LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: 756.dat - Last man standing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Folks,

we have only one NON-CA part left:

http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?s=756

with a community effort we could get rid off the whole CA/Non-CA splitting of the library once for all!

w.
Please.
I don't really get this, what's holding it back is a missing shortcut? From the looks of it, it's not that easy to model and as the last non-CA part around, it'd be important to get that file certified.

Would it be a good idea to just take care of the shortcut later? I don't think it's hold-worthy.
Also from my point of view I do not understand why this part is hold voted. The 73590x.dat doesn't even make use of it. I use the 756.dat for LSynth:

http://www.holly-wood.it/files/lsynth/ex...thesis.zip

and since Chris has rewritten it for CA compliance I would just certify if the geometry is okay. I do not need any example instead of the help lines or something like this. This can be added at a later time. For the moment I just wanna get rid off the NON-CA library. Afterwards anyone may upload the thing again and even if stays there for eternity 'til a good soul has the grace to substitute the help line with an example it won't bug me any more.

w.
The complete hose without ends is 751.dat, but it looks like the segmentation to allow flexibility was only partly implemented, as that file was never updated to use the 754/755/756 pseudo-parts. The complete assemblies with ends are in the official library as 73590a/73590b.

I am relieved to see that this mess pre-dates my involvement as Admin.

It would be good to sort it out.
I tried to finally solve the 756.dat TODOs as follows:

- removed !HELP section from 756.dat as already 73590a.dat, 73590b.dat show how to do it
- updated 754.dat based on 756.dat
- updated 751.dat using the modified 754.dat and 756.dat

I sent 754.dat and 751.dat to Chris.
After that, I suggest to release 751.dat + 754.dat + 756.dat together

future improvements should
- BFC and geometry correct 752.dat
- BFC 73590a.dat and 73590b.dat