LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: LDFind 1.0.0.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I like to announce the first release of LDFind. It will be this weekend.

[Image: ldfindmain.png]

As Philo reported some behaviour that i could not find on my machine I need feedback how it works on your systems.

Download from website
I just discovered that in my virtual XP there is an error caused by the opengl library. Anybody else where this error occur?
Please note that I used this time not the ldvlib.dll for displaying the file content. I am using the engine from Alex out of his Brickfoundry application. Therefore NET 4.0 needs to be installed to run LDFind at all.
To be precise, you will need the full profile of .NET, not the client profile. If you don't already have this, it can be downloaded here.

The failure on Michael's VM is simply due to the VM not supporting a new enough version of OpenGL - while the renderer only needs 1.3, VMs tend to be extremely basic and rarely if ever go past 1.1. You won't have any problems if you're running on a real machine with a proper graphics-card.
Thanks for stepping in here.
I had already the correct NET 4.0 installed (I tried also 4.5 but that will not work on XP i was told).
The opengl problem could be solved by just checking a checkbox that 3D acceleration from host should be used Smile

So I can not conform that it runs under XP.
First Bug found.
The Details of the part might show to you
"!LDRAW_ORG Part" but in real it might be "!LDRAW_ORG Part Alias".

EDIT:

Just updated LDFind to version 1.0.0.1
BUGFIX: The LDRAW_ORG Parttype will now completely shown.
CHANGE: The path for the libraries will stay at "%user%\AppData\Michael Heidemann\LDFind\1.0.0.0". No change if another version is supplied.

EDIT:

Please do not download version 1.0.0.1 as that bugfix created bugs!
Not working for me. Total crash. I can email you the crash report of it helps.

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

Started in d:\ldraw\software\LDFind\
Yes please send report!

Oh, missed your other post. Now it is running. Thats great!
The first update that I made for LDFind did cause more trouble that the reason why I fixed that Smile

Therefore now the new version 1.0.0.2.
I have tested this version the whole day, so there should not be any known error.
I like to say sorry to all those people that downloaded the previous version.
If you already created the library databases you do _not_ need recreating them, as the already build libraries are used.

You can download from the website as usual.
I have disabled the download of LDFind for the moment.
I am working on a new release with less issues.
Thanks for your understanding and I hope you will come back for the new version once announced here.
LDFind version 1.1.0.0 can now be downloaded from the website.
I changed the version number in a way that everybody can see there is a major change.

This version is hopefully now nearly error free and everybody that uses already DATHeader or MPDCenter should be able to see the parts because I switched back for the viewer to LDView-engine.

I am very sorry for any inconveniences my first release may have caused to you.

Please let me have all your thoughts, wishes and bugreports for this application. Only with your help this application might be able to fulfil your needs. I can only guess what you like to have. Smile

cu
Michael
Pages: 1 2 3