LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: LDraw Parts Tracker now uses LDView
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am pleased to announce that the LDraw Parts Tracker has been updated to render its images using LDView, instead of ldglite.

Thanks to Travis Cobbs for building a version of LDView on the server and to Don Heyse for all his previous support for ldglite.

Chris
Would you be interested in having a lightweight WebGL-based viewer of the parts incorporated into the PT system so that users could rotate, zoom, etc. the part right in their web-browser without needing to download/open the part?
You should really drop Chris a line - with the impressive number of post we are recently facing things get overlooked.

w.
If feasible this would be awesome!
It is not only possible, but it has been done before:

http://news.lugnet.com/cad/?n=16843

I'd like to see if this new one will have a good set of the display features like LDView does.

Scott W.
There is one subtlty in the LUGNET posting that you reference - "a fully inlined model".

I'm not sure I see how a WebGL-based viewer could inline all the subparts and primitives referenced by the individual PT file. The LDView implementation on the back-end has access to the full unofficial and official libraries.