LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: Gold color?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It seems that color code 82, metallic gold, was changed in latest ldconfig.ldr. It now looks dark and brownish (it could be a convincing copper color!). Is this intended? what color code should I use to get the right color in patterns or gold painted parts?
#DBAC34 -> #8C5C20
[Image: oldcol82.png][Image: newcol82.png]
It was by someone else's request :-)

the problem with these colors is that they are different shades at different angles of light.

I'm happy to make it a bit lighter...I'll look at it today.

Thanks,
Scott W.
Thanks, Scott.
Mmhhh... I can see this discussion http://forums.ldraw.org/showthread.php?t...76#pid4376, but as far as I can tell it concerns the addition of a new copper color, not the modification of existing gold color? imho previous value (#DBAC34) looked pretty good...
I agree to Philo !
So you guys prefer this:
[Image: 6256pb02.jpg?1]

instead of this:
[Image: 6256pb03.jpg?1]

They are both the same color, just different light settings.

Thanks,
Scott
I think so, yes... I looked again both versions, old color is right (new one is definitely too dark and too red).
Yes, I think the old one is right.
OK, I will change it back to the old color (#DBAC34).

I'm still waiting for any more 2013 colors to come out, but I don't expect any new additions, but one possible:

Bricklink lists Glow in the Dark White and Glow in the Dark Opaque.

I have been hesitant to add Glow in the Dark White, but I don't own any of those pieces to know if the color really is different.

Anyone own a Glow in the Dark White and a Glow in the Dark Opaque piece that can confirm a difference in color?

Thanks,
Scott